Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IX - Drunk Uncle Denis' Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

:sens
Hanzal
Ekman-Larsson

:coyotes
Zibanejad
Cowen
Chabot
2016 1st round pick

Henrique

:devils
Lazar
Chiasson

Sedin
Sedin
Hamhuis

:nucks
Zibanejad
Michalek
Cowen
Puempel
2016 1st round pick

Kadri

:leafs
Lazar

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Top 4 D or bust. We don't need another winger.

We actually need a Top 2-3 D. Top 4 would allow them to be less good than our # 3.... We need him to be better. We need a guy like Hamhuis or Eller caliber.

So Top 3 D or bust. We don't need another forward

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I would do unspeakable things to get Ekman-Larsson in a Senators uniform, but it's not going to happen.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I would do unspeakable things to get Ekman-Larsson in a Senators uniform, but it's not going to happen.

Ugh don't even. OEL is the one that got away for this franchise.

If only we don't go on that 9-1 stretch in March of 2009 when the playoffs were clearly out of reach we would have had him instead of Cowen :cry:

WhiteLight*

Ugh don't even. OEL is the one that got away for this franchise.

If only we don't go on that 9-1 stretch in March of 2009 when the playoffs were clearly out of reach we would have had him instead of Cowen :cry:

Ahh the good old Campoli/Comrie trade. that one was brilliant

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
IMO Ottawa needs more mobility in its defense if we ever wanna go anywhere.

Methot-Karlsson
XXXX-Ceci
Cowen-Wideman
Boro

That's the d-corps that is good enough for a contender, imo. The XXXX being a legit top 3 like Buffy/Enstrom or someone of that calibre just example.

Chabot likely would be ready to take a position in a year and a legit top 4 position in couple years but we in Karlsson prime years, we'll get there once Chabot has forced our hand.

We also need one more legit top line threat to become contenders on offense. Maybe that guy could be Prince. All we really need is a very skilled/puck possession speedy winger who can score 50+ maybe could be Prince. We'll see.

We have Wiercioch/Puempel/Chiasson/1st rounder/Paul/Prince/etc... to trade from in a package if need be

We'll get better idea after another 15 games but IMO we need a veteran player to help Ceci's pairing and to help Ceci become the best he can be.

Right now it's like Wier-Ceci and Cowen-Boro alternating between which is the bottom pairing betwen the two. We can't have that. If Karlsson has bad game then GG.

It doesn't even need to be elite package, could be for a guy like Petry esque.

We need a forward that can make high end plays with the puck. MacArthur, Ryan and Zibanejad aren't doing it

Agreed. Although I think Zibanejad could still be that player.

In a contending world, we still need one more elite top liner. Even if Zibanejad does become one.

Just a guess but I would think that after what we saw from Chabot this past preseason that the Ottawa brass will probably wait until he is ready to step into the lineup which could be either at the start of next season or mid way through next yr at some point & not trade for a top 4 D.

You don't just sit back cause a guy could be ready in 2 years to fill a spot.

We don't need marginal top 4s or what not, we need a legit top 2-3. Chabot may be that in couple years but id rather we acquire that talent now then deal from position of strength once Chabot actually pans out.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Hanzal
Ekman-Larsson

:coyotes
Zibanejad
Cowen
Chabot
2016 1st round pick

Henrique

:devils
Lazar
Chiasson

Sedin
Sedin
Hamhuis

:nucks
Zibanejad
Michalek
Cowen
Puempel
2016 1st round pick

Kadri

:leafs
Lazar

All bad for Ottawa... Except Kadri - Lazar. Which would never happen in a 1 for 1 swap.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
As RKL indicates, Chabot likely will be a big consideration next year. And Claesson.
IF Cowen continues his resurgence, we could draw in with some combination around

Methot - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman
Claesson - Borowiecki

Leaves Wiercioch in the position to prove himself (again) to keep his position. Wideman should be playing now in his place; moving Cowen or Boro up with Ceci

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
To be fair, he plays for the Edmonton Oilers.

I mean, you still need to be held accountable for your actions... but if you let your dog poop on the rug and don't train that bad behavior out of him, and just hope that some day he will stop defecating on your floor coverings without training him otherwise, the dog will keep pooping on the rug.

That's my Yakupov analogy (and for that matter, my analogy for all Oilers players under the age of 25).

You are not giving enough credit to simple player development. You learn who to back check when you are 13 years old. You cant simply blame a player at the NHL level for minor hockey mistakes on the organization he is in. Player development has never been better, players learn more complex systems i minor hockey and Jr than ever.

He simply doesnt have it.

Pass on RNH.

I have no interest in paying the depth and the quality in assets that they're going to want in exchange for a player that we'll have to teach out all of the "Edmonton Oilers Hockey"-related bad habits that have crept into his game. Good player, but there is a ton of work to be done in order to bring his game to where he wouldn't just be a poor man's Spezza on our team while at the same time carrying an "elite player" price tag.

If Chiarelli wants to sell him for 70 cents to the dollar, or wants to make a quantity(ours)-for-quality(theirs) deal where we send him a bunch of our spare parts, then sure... but let's be honest with ourselves: that isn't going to happen. If it were, Lowe or MacT would have already made that kind of deal.

The kind of deal I want to make for RNH is probably far more applicable to a guy like Yakupov. I imagine he's the guy they'd let go on a quantity-for-quality kind of trade, not RNH.

These are NHL coachs..... You're acting like these players have never been taught anything about hockey, quite strange.

It'll be Hall that gets traded from Edmonton.

I'd love Nuge, he doesn't have the loser habits that most of Edmontons players have, but he isn't a need on this team

He would be the first line centerman he has boat loads of talent if he was playing with Stone his production would be as high as Turris with the potential of way more growth.

Irregardless the sens dont have the assets to land these players without significantly altering the team.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
im guessing chabot is 2 years out atleast and if we go based off that (i could be wrong), i would look to move wier+chiasson+2nd+(maybe a defensive spec not named chabot) for a general defensive upgrade. Asking for a high end or even a general #3 is a dream for that package unless some gm pulls a sweeney. But i would trade that package for a #4 quite easily as long as they arent on their last legs. A better defenceman helps ceci's play and improves our general defensive ability quite a bit, especially if we are adamant on keeping cowen-boro/wideman as our 3rd pairing

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
really? i'd the the first one and think hard about the one with vancouver.

Lol why would you even think about trading for the sedins?? They are on their last few years and arent that productive anymore.. then throw in hammuis who is aging.. its pretty bad for us.. its like sime NHL16 crap

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
These are NHL coachs..... You're acting like these players have never been taught anything about hockey, quite strange.

And you're acting like any NHL coach can just teach out every bad habit that every player has.

I'm not saying he's a lost cause, far from it. I'm saying that for the exorbitant price tag I expect will be on RNH as far as trade assets is concerned, I want a guy without the risk. RNH isn't that guy.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Also: trading for the Sedins? Really?

Why are we even wasting our time debating about selling a small fortune in future assets to acquire a pair of 35 year olds? Aren't we building this team for 2-3 years from now? What do a pair of 38 year-olds that carry a combined $14mil in salary do for us in 2017/18?

Are we suggesting that this team has a 2-year window to get a cup, and that we need to be all-in by then?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If we were to do WhiteLight's deal with Wier (burnaby boy) instead of Cowen and them taking Greening as well for cap reasons - roster would look like:

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Ryan
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Pageau - Lazar
Prince - Smith - Chiasson/Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Hamhuis - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman
Borowiecki

Anderson

Oh man one trade and suddenly we're contending. Of course it's not realistic and hardly worth it considering what we're giving up for two 35 year old Swedes and a pending UFA, but I think that team could go far in the playoffs if Anderson plays up to expectations. Team is probably top 3 is goals far and has a strong D and good goaltending as well.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Lol why would you even think about trading for the sedins?? They are on their last few years and arent that productive anymore.. then throw in hammuis who is aging.. its pretty bad for us.. its like sime NHL16 crap

not really productive anymore? they were both top 10 in scoring last season. still 70 point players. vancouver also didn't have multiple 60 point threats behind them. hamhuis is still a top four defenseman. the only high quality asset we give up is zibby.

Also: trading for the Sedins? Really?

Why are we even wasting our time debating about selling a small fortune in future assets to acquire a pair of 35 year olds? Aren't we building this team for 2-3 years from now? What do a pair of 38 year-olds that carry a combined $14mil in salary do for us in 2017/18?

Are we suggesting that this team has a 2-year window to get a cup, and that we need to be all-in by then?

at that price, i'd consider it. it's honestly not that bad to give up.
hank > zibby + puempel
daniel > mickalek + 1st
hamhuis > cowen

if we can get them to take bc boy wiercioch instead of cowen, we'd be a better team right now.

sedin - sedin - ryan
hoffman - turris - stone
prince - pageau - lazar
michalek - smith - chiasson

methot - karlsson
hamhuis - ceci
cowen - borocop

again, i said i'd consider it. it'd be a major change. i think the price is right if the team wants to go in that direction. i don't think we'd be screwed when the sedins retire either. turris can still cover first line duties and i have faith in some of our prospects. lazar, pageau, white, chlapik, dzingel. someone will step up and get that second line spot. the sedins have a few years left in them and we'll have had a few drafts since then as well. the way they play the decline should be slowly

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We don't trade Chabot. There is a good chance he will be as good or better than OEL.

You don't trade captain material in Lazar for a weasel. We don't need the extra few points, we need to make sure we have character and glue to keep the skill we have, and have coming up, together.

Remember folks, the reality is that we need quality bottom six forwards as much as we need quality top 6 forwards. They are not exactly interchangeable, and you can't really populate the bottom six with top six hopefuls.

We need role players, and the better those role players are, so goes the team because they tend to get the job done night after night while the goalscorers go on and off streaks. They are also the guys who win games when the checking gets close.

Lazar is our young Mike Fisher player, we keep him.

Kadri is a dirty little punk and i do not want him on our team no matter how skilled he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad