2015-16 San Antonio Rampage (AHL) and Colorado Eagles (ECHL) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Thought this was an interesting article. On how the Eagles will construct their roster. They said they expect 4-10 players from the affiliation depending on situation of course. And using the proximity to their advantage. I wonder if the Avs are going to send more of the young players there like Boikov, Nantel who might be good enough for the AHL but aren't really in a position to be called up yet, and keep them in Colorado so they are closer to the org, development staff.

http://www.reporterherald.com/sport...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
Hey RampageNate I noticed you keep down voting Bigras in the elimination game. Obviously you saw a lot of him this year so I was just interested what the reasoning for this is? Like is it something about his game or how he acts on the ice or how he acts off the ice?

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Hey RampageNate I noticed you keep down voting Bigras in the elimination game. Obviously you saw a lot of him this year so I was just interested what the reasoning for this is? Like is it something about his game or how he acts on the ice or how he acts off the ice?

He wants Bigras to be demoted.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio

Kid is awesome off the ice. He just has a long ways to go before being what many on this board think he should already be and I need to balance out the board a bit with some realism.

The fact that he survived longer than Tyson Barrie is hilarious.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Kid is awesome off the ice. He just has a long ways to go before being what many on this board think he should already be and I need to balance out the board a bit with some realism.

It is more of a popularity poll than it is who is better. Barrie's downvote is mostly due to the contract situation. If Barrie was signed long-term to a $6m deal, he'd be in the final 5 (he was 6th last year).

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Barrie can go ask his buddy ROR how that stuff affects the Elimination Game results. ROR lost his 10 points in about 6 votes. :laugh:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

What's hilarious about liking one player more than another? Doesn't mean he's a better hockey player. You voted Rantanen in that thread but nobody thinks it's hilarious you voted him over Duchene or Landeskog.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
What's hilarious about liking one player more than another? Doesn't mean he's a better hockey player. You voted Rantanen in that thread but nobody thinks it's hilarious you voted him over Duchene or Landeskog.

One singular vote isn't hilarious. Voting Bigras up and Barrie down, while crazy in my opinion, isn't hilarious when done by one person. But when the whole board sends Barrie out (contract situation or not) out WELL before Bigras, I think it's funny.

Sorry.

And it would be equally hilarious if Rantanen outlasted Duchene or Gabe, IMO

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
One singular vote isn't hilarious. Voting Bigras up and Barrie down, while crazy in my opinion, isn't hilarious when done by one person. But when the whole board sends Barrie out (contract situation or not) out WELL before Bigras, I think it's funny.

Sorry.

And it would be equally hilarious if Rantanen outlasted Duchene or Gabe, IMO

While I understand that the 'elimination game' is about popularity rather than about who is the best player, I agree with you. Personally I vote for the players I think have the biggest chance helping the team win a Stanley Cup in the future either playing for the team or as an asset. There is only on player in team history which I was a fan of first and foremost and did not see as an asset, but he is no longer with the team. That player was Forsberg and that was because he was the reason I became a supporter of the team way back when.

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
From mine sources, Shawn Oulette-St-Amant did to sign an deal LHA with the Avalanches for the next saison. He did was the better player complete for led Voyeurs. It is my opinion.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Any chance he could start the season in Colorado with the Eagles?

Edit: I would love to hear some opinions on who may be sent to the Eagles (I know it's early).

It's really tough to even guess without knowing who and how many AHL contracts they've signed. I'll make an educated guess and say him and maybe if they signed guys like Houck and Hamonic again. There might be one of the older variety on AHL contract too, probably a defenseman. I'd also say it's possible to see some guys like Bourke and Corbett who were in Ft Wayne at some point could go down. Maybe even young guys like Geertsen, Boikov and Nantel but hopefully not, they should be getting AHL minutes if they ever are going to get called up but I wouldn't rule out an appearance. And two goalies, I'm on the fence if they want Martin down there, maybe for a bit.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I think the Avs will use the Eagles for some good prospects much more than we're used to seeing. The proximity to their staff will enable the NHL staff to help them more than if they were in San Antonio.

Boikov, Nantel, Geertsen, those are good examples IMO of guys good enough for the AHL but who might see a couple months in Colorado for extra attention.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Thanks for the replies, that gives me something to chew on!
I don't mind seeing guys down here at the start of the year then moving up after a few months. Those are the kind of guys who the Eagles could see sent down in the playoffs depending on playoff situations with the parent teams. Just a gamble you have to take in the E. The days of independent teams in the pro ranks AA and above are pretty much history.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Getting some guys down so they qualify for playoffs is a good point. They did this when the writing was on the wall for San Antonio, one reason why they sent Geertsen down when they did IMO.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Here's my thoughts on possible players that could be assigned to the Eagles this year. I am only using confirmed signed players for this, since we all know this could change depending on future and non-announced signings by San Antonio.
Please don't hesitate to let me know if I'm wrong on any of this info.

Goaltender - This is by far the easiest group to figure. With Varly and Picks with the Avs, that leaves 4 tenders in S.A. - Jeremy Smith, Nathan Lieuwen, Spencer Martin, and Kent Simpson. Smith and Martin are on Avs deals. Smith will probably be the starter, with a battle between Martin and Lieuwen for the backup in S.A. Simpson has played for the Eagles before, and unless the Eagles don't want him and ask he be sent elsewhere, he will a backup in Loveland to either Martin or Lieuwen. Avs may want Martin to get more starts than he would in S.A. and send him to the Eagles where he would be close to Avs goalie coaches. Either Martin or Lieuwen will be a great upgrade for the Eagles.
My guess is Martin starts the year down here with Simpson.

Defense - Now it gets difficult for me because I really don't know much about these guys. But I can say that right now the Avs have 15 D-men signed in the pro ranks in the U.S. S.A. has none. That means maybe 1 guy could be sent down. I'm sure S.A. will probably have more signed in the future, but will they sign guys to send down or guys to help at S.A.? My hope is that again the Avs decide to put their young guys down here to be close to the big team for scouting and coaching purposes. If so, there are 4 guys that could possibly see time with the Eagles. Sergei Boikov, Cody Corbett, Mason Geertsen, and Anton Lindholm. I don't see any of these guys staying down here the whole year, but it would be cool to see any of them get some good minutes down here to start the year.
My guess is that we will see one of these guys at the start of the year, and my guess is Boikov.

I'll have to attack the offense tomorrow, as there is still a bunch of stuff for me to sift through. I know this is an exercise in futility with the rosters not even close to set, but it's fun looking at this info. Haven't been this excited for the Avs and Eagles in years, and now get to follow an AHL team again. MORE HOCKEY!!!!!:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark