Game 6- Tuesday, May 24................ Allen at Fort Wayne, 7:30pm ET *
Game 7- Thursday, May 26...............Allen at Fort Wayne, 7:30pm ET*​

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So who is a lock to be on our AHL team next year? Maybe this shouldn't be a complicated question, but for me it is lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Like who has a contract?

Bourke, Henley, Corbett, Geertsen, Clark, Nantel, Martin.

Or like who will be back? I'm actually writing something on that so I won't spoil myself.

Manly who has a contract and maybe who is a RFA that is pretty much a lock or should be graduating from the minors.

The guys who will be there, without much question unless something happens.

Yeah, I'll look forward to reading it. Don't spoil it haha

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
_____ - _____ - _____
_____ - Compher - _____
Henley - Nantel - ______
Bourke - _____ - _____
______

_____ - _____
Geertsen - _____
Boikov* - Clark
______ - Corbett

Berra
Martin
*no contract yet, but had AHL deal

Restricted Free Agents
Martinsen
Everberg
Aggozino (might be UFA)
Rendulic
Beck
Hishon
Muers
Cheek

Siemens
Gormley
Beaupre

Sami
Will

Unrestricted Fee Agents
Street

Guenin
Redmond
Bodnarchuk

Minors/NCAA/Euro
Pepin
Greer (I think he is allowed to make jump, but doubt he does)
Magyar

Butcher
Lindholm
Westlund

Pajpach

Who knows who will be there without much question, other than the signed guys. I would like to think that Martinsen, Everberg, Agozzino, Rendulic, Siemens and Street are brought back. And I don't like the idea of giving up on solid prospects like Pepin this early on.

I'm really hoping for:

Agozzino - Street - Everberg
Martinsen - Compher - ______ (AHL all-star vet)
Henley - Nantel - Rendulic
Bourke - _____ - Pepin (another vet, one that is happy to be there)
______ (whoever)

Siemens - _____ (AHL all-star, call up option)
Butcher - ______ (AHL vet)
Geertsen - Clark
Boikov (ECHL) - Corbett

Berra
Martin
_____ (whoever)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's nice to read something laid out like that, thanks

Sounds like you're on the optimistic side with some players, based on the rumors out there lol.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Just hoping. I'm quite pessimistic actually. I bet Everberg and Rendulic go back to Europe, Martinsen is on the Avs or back in Europe, Butcher stays in school and Agozzino tests FA if he is a UFA.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just hoping. I'm quite pessimistic actually. I bet Everberg and Rendulic go back to Europe, Martinsen is on the Avs or back in Europe, Butcher stays in school and Agozzino tests FA if he is a UFA.

I hope Aggz is at camp fighting for the 12th or 13th forward spot personally. I really liked him this last time he was up. He was surprisingly good defensively at center. Saved a few goals, and has a great motor.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I hope Aggz is at camp fighting for the 12th or 13th forward spot personally. I really liked him this last time he was up. He was surprisingly good defensively at center. Saved a few goals, and has a great motor.

agreed. he's one of the few undersized players we have that could actually make it

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So TV, how long before we get that AHL team article. We're dying in lack of good reading material over her lol.

I think I'm also getting a bit too attached to my fantasies about what's possible at the NHL level as well, but that's ok.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So TV, how long before we get that AHL team article. We're dying in lack of good reading material over her lol.

I think I'm also getting a bit too attached to my fantasies about what's possible at the NHL level as well, but that's ok.

Lol, I just finished it, 1800 words. I appreciate the interest, hopefully I can post tomorrow.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
I'll see if I can make it to the komets game on wednesday, don't expect anything mind-blowing if I do

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Others would know better than I, but the timing of this firing seems curious. I suppose they wanted to wait until they got Dean what looked like a bona fide farm team with real prospects on it before truly evaluating him.

I do hope there is a major shakeup in the coaching ranks at both the NHL and AHL levels. I'm still not quite on the "Fire Roy!" bandwagon, but I do think he needs better assistants if he is to be successful.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Others would know better than I, but the timing of this firing seems curious. I suppose they wanted to wait until they got Dean what looked like a bona fide farm team with real prospects on it before truly evaluating him.

I do hope there is a major shakeup in the coaching ranks at both the NHL and AHL levels. I'm still not quite on the "Fire Roy!" bandwagon, but I do think he needs better assistants if he is to be successful.

I wouldn't say they had a bona fife farm team. Sure they had some high end talent and just evaluating on how they progressed things were positive.

Maybe it was the move coupled with having Bigras, Z, Rantanen under his wing to see how they'd do. But this time last year there was no Rantanen or Zadorov. Maybe his contract was up, it had been 4 years. I didn't think the Avs would actually move on from him, it's not like they've cleaned house in any other area. They'll be hard pressed to build any sort of talent on that roster next year, maybe expectations will be low. With so much roster turnover expected maybe it's the right time to get a new coach as well. Or maybe it's someone they like they know will be available, that would be a very Avs thing to do. I'm sure they have a very short list of who they want to bring in.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I wouldn't say they had a bona fife farm team. Sure they had some high end talent and just evaluating on how they progressed things were positive.

Maybe it was the move coupled with having Bigras, Z, Rantanen under his wing to see how they'd do. But this time last year there was no Rantanen or Zadorov. Maybe his contract was up, it had been 4 years. I didn't think the Avs would actually move on from him, it's not like they've cleaned house in any other area. They'll be hard pressed to build any sort of talent on that roster next year, maybe expectations will be low. With so much roster turnover expected maybe it's the right time to get a new coach as well. Or maybe it's someone they like they know will be available, that would be a very Avs thing to do. I'm sure they have a very short list of who they want to bring in.

I think you might have said they have a barney fife level farm team before, or at least eluded to it in some capacity. lol ;)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's interesting that you think Everberg will be back. Although maybe making some major changes will convince one or two guys they want to return. Or bring in for that matter.

Well, the one caveat I was going to post was I submitted it before that last article came out yesterday and I can't edit and that I probably would have taken Everberg out of my list. But I think he definitely gets qualified and maybe the coaching change helps and if they really try they might convince him. Plus I had to pick someone because it seems like they all will be gone :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well, the one caveat I was going to post was I submitted it before that last article came out yesterday and I can't edit and that I probably would have taken Everberg out of my list. But I think he definitely gets qualified and maybe the coaching change helps and if they really try they might convince him. Plus I had to pick someone because it seems like they all will be gone :laugh:

Oh lol,

Attio is an interesting one for me, but with his year in Europe they were smart to hold onto him IMO. Attio would be a strong #1 down there I think with Martin as the #2. They always seem to split the season quite a bit anyways.

I'm betting Compher does end up down there, we'll see though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh lol,

Attio is an interesting one for me, but with his year in Europe they were smart to hold onto him IMO. Attio would be a strong #1 down there I think with Martin as the #2. They always seem to split the season quite a bit anyways.

I'm betting Compher does end up down there, we'll see though.

Compher is really tough for me too. If he does I don't think he spends whole season down there. I don't think Avs like promises but did they assure him something? Does he kinda do like Rantanen did and make opening night roster but then go down? It's hard to say. I think we'll have a better idea in how many bottom 6 guys left standing.

I think Aitto is gone but yeah they do worse for a AHL starter. My question is if Martin is the AHL backup then who is in the ECHL? Might not seem like it matters but every system needs 5 and a goalie injury at any level moves each guy up, the AHL can't be left with a guy they can't immediately call up. I think given he didn't play much Martin goes to the ECHL one more year. That is unless they sign some CHL overager or college FA or someone who can go behind Martin.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

An article on a Swedish site claimed:

"Nilsson (Everbergs agent) say that almost all SHL teams have shown interest. Whats going to decide is where he thinks he will have best opportunities to develop.

"There are different factors. Primarily it's about what role he's being given and where he think he can develop the best in order to take the step back to North America and NHL""

Sounds to me like he's done with Avs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Compher is really tough for me too. If he does I don't think he spends whole season down there. I don't think Avs like promises but did they assure him something? Does he kinda do like Rantanen did and make opening night roster but then go down? It's hard to say. I think we'll have a better idea in how many bottom 6 guys left standing.

I think Aitto is gone but yeah they do worse for a AHL starter. My question is if Martin is the AHL backup then who is in the ECHL? Might not seem like it matters but every system needs 5 and a goalie injury at any level moves each guy up, the AHL can't be left with a guy they can't immediately call up. I think given he didn't play much Martin goes to the ECHL one more year. That is unless they sign some CHL overager or college FA or someone who can go behind Martin.

Or if they can't trade Berra, which will be a curious case.

Does Berra go to Europe? Are we still on the hook for his contract if he leaves for Europe?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
An article on a Swedish site claimed:

"Nilsson (Everbergs agent) say that almost all SHL teams have shown interest. Whats going to decide is where he thinks he will have best opportunities to develop.

"There are different factors. Primarily it's about what role he's being given and where he think he can develop the best in order to take the step back to North America and NHL""

Sounds to me like he's done with Avs.

Yeah, but if we retain his rights. His step back is still through us, so we have some leverage and could possibly change the environment down there, as it pertains to development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad