2015/16 Miscellaneous NHL Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Someone must have stuck a horse-shoe covered in shamrocks up his arse from what I have seen!

Like tonight:

34.78% CF
-20.48% CF rel

But since joining LA:

14 shots
4 goals
28.6% sh%

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Someone must have stuck a horse-shoe covered in shamrocks up his arse from what I have seen!

Like tonight:

34.78% CF
-20.48% CF rel

But since joining LA:

14 shots
4 goals
28.6% sh%

It really does show off the depth of LA.

On the jersey topic, I'm still disappointed that OTT changed their logo.

90's Sens jerseys were absolutely gorgeous.

93614634-alexei-yashin-of-the-ottawa-senators-looks-on-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Do you guys like the fact that we've had the same logo from the get-go, or do you wish we had multiple logos over our existence IE: the Sens or the Canucks?

I don't know how much people consider this a change, but it is I guess.
STK-NHL-PHF-A2002-01.jpg

I personally love that we've kept the same logo, but I like looking through the history of other teams logos as well.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Do you guys like the fact that we've had the same logo from the get-go, or do you wish we had multiple logos over our existence IE: the Sens or the Canucks?

STK-NHL-PHF-A2002-01.jpg

I personally love that we've kept the same logo, but I like looking through the history of other teams logos as well.

This was the logo on the 05-08 alternate jerseys. I didn't mind those

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

STK-NHL-PHF-A2002-01.jpg

I really do love the logo though it certainly isn't flawless. It's probably too iconic to change, though, and I'd rather they leave it alone unless they're forced to for some reason or another.

If anything, they might be able to do a twist on the concept on a 3rd jersey at some point.

On the topic of the chrome variant, I wouldn't mind seeing it again as long as they remove the dead-space between the feathers.

Last edited:

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I thought it was a winged puck for a while.

It is a winged P, but there is a puck present in the design.

Wiki Entry:

WIKI said:
With the name and colors already known, Philadelphia advertising firm Mel Richmann Inc. was hired to design a logo and jersey.[33] With Tom Paul as head of the project, artist Sam Ciccone designed both the logo and jerseys to represent speed.[33] Ciccone's winged "P" design — four stylized wings attached to a slanted "P" with an orange dot to represent a puck — was considered the "obvious choice" over his other designs, which included a winged skate.[33] Ciccone's jersey design, a stripe down each shoulder and down the arms, represented wings.[33] The flying "P" has remained the same since the beginning and was ranked the sixth best NHL logo in a 2008 Hockey News poll.[34] The Flyers unveiled a 3D version of this logo with metallic accents during the 2002–03 season which was used on orange third jerseys until the end of the 2006–07 season.

I've never really been sure though if the the puck is just the dot or if it's something of a nod to a particular design on the pucks. I simply have no idea what the game pucks looked like back in the 60s, but if they were anything like this it might make sense.

Aesthetically, it makes more sense that the whole thing is a winged puck fashioned in such a way that a P is also present.

Bettman%2096-500x500.JPG

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I really do love the logo though it certainly isn't flawless. It's probably too iconic to change, though, and I'd rather they leave it alone unless they're forced to for some reason or another.

If anything, they might be able to do a twist on the concept on a 3rd jersey at some point.

On the topic of the chrome variant, I wouldn't mind seeing it again as long as they removed the dead-space between the feathers.

I never noticed the dead space. Now I cannot unsee it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad