2015/16 Miscellaneous NHL Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
What's going on with Callahan? Points seem way down. I hope his style of play isn't catching up. Contract will be long as hell if it is.

Going through each team individually on hockeyscap and looking for things that jump out.

I had forgotten how long Zetterberg's contract is for.

Some teams are in a bad way. The Leafs. That is a mess.

Some teams barely have anyone signed next year in either the D or F group (as a Yotes fan as well I'm still getting used to this).

Edit again: Some other things like the Staals and Sedins and the Flyers party bus (Lupul, Carter, etc) are getting long in the tooth as well.

More edits: It's fun to see which teams will have some signing tasks ahead of them.

More edits2: Zubs is on SJ at 37. I remember when he was drafted. That Thorton core is long in the tooth and needs replacing.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What's going on with Callahan? Points seem way down. I hope his style of play isn't catching up.

He isn't that good. That's why all these kids came up and supplanted him despite his producing points.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
He isn't that good. That's why all these kids came up and supplanted him despite his producing points.

What's funny to me is that the reason the hocky media cites as the reason Yzerman might not resign Stamkos is because all the kids have to get new contracts. They never mention the terrible contracts Yzerman has given out. Moral of the story is get Canada a gold medal and you can do no wrong.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What's funny to me is that the reason the hocky media cites as the reason Yzerman might not resign Stamkos is because all the kids have to get new contracts. They never mention the terrible contracts Yzerman has given out. Moral of the story is get Canada a gold medal and you can do no wrong.

Yeah, when you see that the next 2 years they are paying Carle and Callahan 11.3 million, that could easily be going to Stamkos.

But that's also why we should be doing whatever possible to get rid of AMac.

Just think, AMac, Vinny, and Umberger's $14.1 million could cover almost Stamkos and Boedker. Talk about a better use of money....lol.

I will be so happy with only AMac being the bad contract on the books.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Yeah, when you see that the next 2 years they are paying Carle and Callahan 11.3 million, that could easily be going to Stamkos.

But that's also why we should be doing whatever possible to get rid of AMac.

Just think, AMac, Vinny, and Umberger's $14.1 million could cover almost Stamkos and Boedker. Talk about a better use of money....lol.

I will be so happy with only AMac being the bad contract on the books.

Prob cant move Amac...but Streit/Vinny/Umberger (buyout) money could cover Stamkos...

Imagine G/Stammer/and Couts down the middle. If only...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Prob cant move Amac...but Streit/Vinny/Umberger (buyout) money could cover Stamkos...

Imagine G/Stammer/and Couts down the middle. If only...

Not enough ice time to go around for all three to be effective.

Would only sign Stamkos if he is okay with playing LW.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Could Drouin terminate his contract and sign as a UFA with another team?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
speaking of the break, I was listening to the Oilers game on Sirius on the way home from work and they said it was their last game before the break. they dont play again until feb 3rd. I wonder if there are any other teams off until after the AS break.

Not sure but I think we are going to get the Caps without them playing for like 5 days before a break, that should favour us greatly I would imagine.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
There are people on the main board who legitimately believe a sucker punch was the appropriate response.

There are others who use the logic that because Connautan was the instigator, they should target him as opposed to the sucker punch.

I don't understand people. I can't comprehend it.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
There are people on the main board who legitimately believe a sucker punch was the appropriate response.

There are others who use the logic that because Connautan was the instigator, they should target him as opposed to the sucker punch.

I don't understand people. I can't comprehend it.

the stupidity of Lucic is so predictable.
he couldnt just man up and just challenge Connautan to a fight instead if he was mad?
Lucic has always been a moron.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
90s jersey were the best:

roenick_306.jpg

gretzky_20blues.jpg

6a0115709f071f970b0120a750d9d2970b-400wi.jpe

147880756-tommy-salo-of-the-new-york-islanders-skates-gettyimages.jpg

TheoFleury.jpg

s-l300.jpg

98170403-512x640.jpg

sundin500nordsretires_slide.jpg

bure02.jpg

daniel_alfredsson.jpg

32372.jpg

hi-res-319162_crop_north.jpg

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I found that flames jersey at a thrift store and resold it for over $100. :)

People love those era jerseys including myself. The Coyotes one is one of my favorites.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lecavalier is on the board again. 12 seconds left. Ties the game.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Vinny ties it with the goalie pulled and seconds left. Is this real life?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jones now has to make a stop on Luke Schenn to save the point.

Vinny ties it with the goalie pulled and seconds left. Is this real life?

His advanced numbers still aren't good, but he still has the skills necessary to produce while he's actually in the offensive zone, he just has a lot of trouble getting there and staying there. He's has some better teammates in LA, but don't forget he was still getting some points playing with the likes of Rinaldo and Vandevelde last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad