2015-16 Around the League VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Never understood why defenders would give their sticks to a goalie? They need it a lot more than goalie would. Hell Hasek used to drop his on purpose.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Never understood why defenders would give their sticks to a goalie? They need it a lot more than goalie would. Hell Hasek used to drop his on purpose.

A lot of goalies I speak to say they're completely non-functional without a stick in their hands. Can see why a defensemen would hand his over. Throws off the goalie's balance and positioning.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Butterfly goalies relay on their stick to help them keep balance, in that sense it is a quintessential piece of their equipment.

IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012
So I took a look at the top scorers and theres only 6 players who are PPG or PPG+. Is scoring really down that much?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
World Cup teams will announce their first 16 players tomorrow.

Landeskog and MacKinnon should be locks for their teams.

I think Duchene is probably more likely to be one of the remaining players announced in June rather than tomorrow. Same with Soderberg for Sweden.

I don't know what's going on with Varly and the Russian team but if it's all good, he should get a spot.

Rantanen?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
World Cup teams will announce their first 16 players tomorrow.

Landeskog and MacKinnon should be locks for their teams.

I think Duchene is probably more likely to be one of the remaining players announced in June rather than tomorrow. Same with Soderberg for Sweden.

I don't know what's going on with Varly and the Russian team but if it's all good, he should get a spot.

Rantanen?

Sportsnet had Duchene not making Team Canada. Not sure I have him there, either, given the available selection of forwards.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sportsnet had Duchene not making Team Canada. Not sure I have him there, either, given the available selection of forwards.

TSN has him not making it but Craig Button said that he's an omission he would add if it were up to him.

McDavid 1
Eichel 0

In both shifts and goals

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
TSN has him not making it but Craig Button said that he's an omission he would add if it were up to him.

McDavid 1
Eichel 0

In both shifts and goals

It's 23 years and up, correct? 13 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 3 goaltenders so the forwards I can see Canada picking ahead of Duchene are:

Crosby
Toews
Getzlaf
Perry
Stamkos
Benn
Seguin
Hall
Bergeron
Tavares
Giroux
Thornton
Marchand

The final two players based on the fantastic season's they're currently having. Duchene could make the team, but there are also other players in contention like Nash, Couture, Carter etc that he'll have to contend with. I'm sure I'm missing a player or two, as well.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
People are saying Marchand because they think he'll fit with Crosby. I think it'll be O'Reilly. Sid called him the best player he ever played with at the worlds or something like that. If I'm picking I drop Perry and Marchand from that list and add Duchene and ROR. ROR because he helps the team more than Marchand. Duchene over perry because I'm an Avs fan.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
People are saying Marchand because they think he'll fit with Crosby. I think it'll be O'Reilly. Sid called him the best player he ever played with at the worlds or something like that. If I'm picking I drop Perry and Marchand from that list and add Duchene and ROR. ROR because he helps the team more than Marchand. Duchene over perry because I'm an Avs fan.

I could definitely see the O'Reilly thing happening, but I'm not so sure Duchene bumps out Perry.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
That McDavid goal. lol. What was the Buffalo goalie (and defense) doing?

I'm not watching, but it could have been psychological. McDavid's presence caused them to lose focus, like an ice girl in front of Craig Anderson.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Eichel misses on one end and McDavid goes and wins it at the other.

Hi SEPH!

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
McDavid now just 4 points out of the top-5 for rookie scoring. 31 points in 28 games. Have to believe he'd be amongst the league leaders in points if he had a full season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad