WC: 2015 — Divisions I-II-III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Hope the Spaniards can surprise Romania tonight to still have a shot to climb, although it looks not very likely.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
South Africa upsets New Zealand 3-1 in Division IIB. This means China is surprisingly promoted to Division IIA next year. South Africa plays China on Sunday, and needs a win of any sort to keep at this level and send Israel to Division III; otherwise they will go down. Surprise to see Bulgaria stay up this year, especially as they have a real young team and were missing a few key players.

Last edited:

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
South Africa upsets New Zealand 3-1 in Division IIB. This means China is surprisingly promoted to Division IB next year, first time since 2007 they'll play in Division I. South Africa plays China on Sunday, and needs a win of any sort to keep at this level and send Israel to Division III; otherwise they will go down. Surprise to see Bulgaria stay up this year, especially as they have a real young team and were missing a few key players.

China will be promoted to 2A, not 1B.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
South Korea blew out Croatia 9-4 to temporarily take the lead in Division IB. Great Britain is now one point behind with a match against Lithuania; if the British can win this game in any fashion, which is quite possible, they will be the upset winners of the tournament and gain promotion.

Final game will see Netherlands and Estonia battle it out for relegation. While the Dutch should be able to handle this, they have drastically underperformed this tournament, so they may be sent down.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
South Korea blew out Croatia 9-4 to temporarily take the lead in Division IB. Great Britain is now one point behind with a match against Lithuania; if the British can win this game in any fashion, which is quite possible, they will be the upset winners of the tournament and gain promotion.

Final game will see Netherlands and Estonia battle it out for relegation. While the Dutch should be able to handle this, they have drastically underperformed this tournament, so they may be sent down.
GB just need a point, as the first tie breaker is the result against that team in the competition.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
GB just need a point, as the first tie breaker is the result against that team in the competition.

Right, I forgot they won their match against South Korea.

In Division IIA, Spain and Serbia are currently in overtime, which means they each will have at least one point and thus send Australia down to Division IIB next year.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sad to see Hungary take the well-trodden path of playing Canadians in the NT. They went from 0 to 3 in a year because why not, I guess, since everybody's doing it.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Must say I am elated and kind of speechless. Great effort by the team throughout the tournament lacking some key players.. Wow.

Feel sorry for GB but frankly they just couldn't prove anything when it mattered.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Squeaked by Estonia, and then lost against a Lithuania team that was almost as bad.

GB beat themselves tonight and choked so bad. What a shocking performance.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Britain was nearly gifted the promotion, considering Lithuania was not in it at all most of the game. Even given a 5 minute powerplay at the end to tie it and gain the point needed and they couldn't do it. A shame as they really surprised the entire tournament. But credit to Lithuania for pulling off the win, they kept at it and earned their medal.

Also interesting that Croatia, the heavy favourite, finished out of the medals. Wonder if that will have any effect on their policy of giving out passports to anyone on Medvescek, or if they will brush if off as a one-off issue.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just some thoughts after taking a look at the standings; Korea has a goal differential of +19 while GB is at +3 so I guess Koreans were worth it. Also great to see Cronada finishing "in the league of their own" as some said in the 4th place.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Britain was nearly gifted the promotion, considering Lithuania was not in it at all most of the game. Even given a 5 minute powerplay at the end to tie it and gain the point needed and they couldn't do it. A shame as they really surprised the entire tournament. But credit to Lithuania for pulling off the win, they kept at it and earned their medal.

Yup, GB had so much luck for the first four games of this tournament, and then they decide to throw it away by that terrible performance.

I have no clue what that Lithuanian player was doing headbutting Phillips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad