2014 Kings vs. 2024 Panthers

Result of a series between the 2014 Kings and 2024 Panthers?

• Kings in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings in 5

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Kings in 6

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Kings in 7

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is a bit of a self serving thread because both teams eliminated my Rangers and that's the main reason I didn't choose the 2012 Kings. But also that 2012 Kings team lost so few games that maybe it would be an unfair comparison. I feel like both of these teams played a similarly hard forechecking style. Maybe the Panthers were a bit more skilled and faster. But the Panthers also had no one like Doughty on their defense. Kopitar vs. Barkov is an interesting matchup. The Kings had no one like Tkachuk.

Raccoon Jesus

We were right there
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is a bit of a self serving thread because both teams eliminated my Rangers and that's the main reason I didn't choose the 2012 Kings. But also that 2012 Kings team lost so few games that maybe it would be an unfair comparison. I feel like both of these teams played a similarly hard forechecking style. Maybe the Panthers were a bit more skilled and faster. But the Panthers also had no one like Doughty on their defense. Kopitar vs. Barkov is an interesting matchup. The Kings had no one like Tkachuk.

Maybe not so much at forward, not a blend of skill and physicality anyway. They had plenty of grit though, and their back end was full of assholes with Mitchell, Regehr, Greene, and young Doughty and Muzzin were extremely physical that run as well.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The 2014 Kings could not be beaten. Up in a series, down in a series. Regulation. Overtime. Grind you out defensively. Outscore you in a barn burner. Injured. Healthy. Didn’t matter. That team was inevitable.

No disrespect to Florida but the 2014 Kings were indestructible.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think this one goes to game 7 for sure. People are going to get a bad taste in their mouth for Florida after they lost game 4,5 and 6. Both teams were built VERY similar. That being said Doughty and Quick are better than Bob and Forsling. Although Forsling is still an underrated freak on this board. People still don’t realize how dominant Barkov was when he was on the ice. He was GREAT offensively and absolutely Dominant defensively.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Seems like an overrating of what that King teams was.

They were not some dominant force.

6th seed (10th in the league) who needed 7 games in every series on the way to the finals.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Seems like an overrating of what that King teams was.

They were not some dominant force.

6th seed (10th in the league) who needed 7 games in every series on the way to the finals.
They also played the 3 best teams in the league that year and won three Game 7s on the road against all of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad