Prospect Info: 2014/15 Marlies/Prospects Thread V.6 - Now with more Leipsic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
A kind of an over exaggeration here. They are only 7 points back of 8th which is held by the Bulldogs and I dont expect them in the playoffs
Luckily for us we have 2 games in hand over the them and the 9th place team the Stars

Marlies may have lost 5-6 points just due to blowing leads in the 3rd IMO
Really might need to win 2 out of 3 for most weeks
This 3 games in 3 days is important this weekend
I wouldnt say big winning streak but a decent one

It's not really an exaggeration. They really need to string wins together at the very least. They can't go .500 the rest of the way. Going 1-1 against the Sens last week wasn't optimal either. A big winning streak (5+) would put them just in the bottom of the playoff picture, which doesn't even guarantee a playoff birth.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Does anyone think we might try to transition one of our left D over to the right side? All our good young D are left handed (Rielly, gardener, percy, finn, valiev, loov) our only decent young Righties are granberg and Nilsson. All of the d-men near the top of the draft are lefties as well. Maybe we should start moulding matt finn into a righty.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Does anyone think we might try to transition one of our left D over to the right side? All our good young D are left handed (Rielly, gardener, percy, finn, valiev, loov) our only decent young Righties are granberg and Nilsson. All of the d-men near the top of the draft are lefties as well. Maybe we should start moulding matt finn into a righty.

Matt Finn has a lot of work to do. Don't think it's really a great time to have him switching to the right side when he's having enough trouble playing on his natural side.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009

not sure if it works like that?

i think we will be fine. not all of these guys are going to work out and even if they do they wont all be coming up at the same time,

next season i suspect things will look something like,

rielly-polak
gardiner-robidas
percy-granberg

as the kids start to come in things will get shifted. either way rielly-gardiner have been paired before without too many issues. i suspect with franson gone and if phaneuf is moved they wont be put together but i dont think its that big a deal. someone will be able to switch sides if need be

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
not sure if it works like that?

i think we will be fine. not all of these guys are going to work out and even if they do they wont all be coming up at the same time,

next season i suspect things will look something like,

rielly-polak
gardiner-robidas
percy-granberg

as the kids start to come in things will get shifted. either way rielly-gardiner have been paired before without too many issues. i suspect with franson gone and if phaneuf is moved they wont be put together but i dont think its that big a deal. someone will be able to switch sides if need be

Funny thing was Granberg was playing the left side the other night.

Does that mean he's more versatile than Holzer, and 4 years younger?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
It's not really an exaggeration. They really need to string wins together at the very least. They can't go .500 the rest of the way. Going 1-1 against the Sens last week wasn't optimal either. A big winning streak (5+) would put them just in the bottom of the playoff picture, which doesn't even guarantee a playoff birth.

Not looking good as we are only going to see more Marlies come up to the Leafs to finish the year, and probably be replaced with some questionably warm bodies.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
and david shoalts of the globe and mail

Says the Marlies are in need of a fix just like the Leafs, no top end prospects will make the re-build a marathon not a sprint. Globe and Mail sports, B**t

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
What the hell is going on with our 2 Swedish prospects still in Sweden ?

A couple posters used to update us with every point they got and everything else (KRM, Highlander, and I think one more poster). There's been barely anything on the 2 of them this entire year.

Same thing with all our American prospects, although there's been a bit more postings on them.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Marlies made a trade yesterday... they moved out Carson McMillan for Peter Sivak from Bridgeport.

Guy has ripped up the ECHL, Czech and Slovak leagues but useless otherwise :laugh:

Also signed Bryce Aneloski to a PTO. RHD who played on a PTO here last season, but has also spent time with Providence and Iowa since then. Twelve total AHL games the past two years split between three teams. That right there is a true journeyman.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

A couple posters used to update us with every point they got and everything else (KRM, Highlander, and I think one more poster). There's been barely anything on the 2 of them this entire year.

Same thing with all our American prospects, although there's been a bit more postings on them.

I assume you're talking about Andreas Johnson? He has 30 points in 49 games this year, with a +6 rating..not sure what is playing time is like but he's on the same pace he was on last year.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Also Johnson is now 20 and will be 21 next November so I'd expect him to be on the Marlies next season so that the team can get a better look at him and acclimatized to NA ice.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Also Johnson is now 20 and will be 21 next November so I'd expect him to be on the Marlies next season so that the team can get a better look at him and acclimatized to NA ice.

Depending on his success, I figure 1-2 years in the AHL and we have a 2nd-3rd line NHL winger or nothing at all lol.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

I believe Valiev plays on the right side for Kootenay. If so, perhaps he'll be playing that side when he turns pro next year.

Funny thing was Granberg was playing the left side the other night.

Does that mean he's more versatile than Holzer, and 4 years younger?

Pretty sure it was Robidas who was playing on the left side on that pairing, since he was doing so with Holzer before Franson was traded.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marlies made a trade yesterday... they moved out Carson McMillan for Peter Sivak from Bridgeport.

Guy has ripped up the ECHL, Czech and Slovak leagues but useless otherwise :laugh:

Also signed Bryce Aneloski to a PTO. RHD who played on a PTO here last season, but has also spent time with Providence and Iowa since then. Twelve total AHL games the past two years split between three teams. That right there is a true journeyman.

Bolstering the ECHL team I guess. I think we've got plenty of C's, but not enough scoring RW's in Orlando. Whatever, we only have on guy in Orlando (Sparks), so I don't really care.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Pretty sure it was Robidas who was playing on the left side on that pairing, since he was doing so with Holzer before Franson was traded.
You're right, Robidas plays the left side with Holzer and Granberg.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Johnson has done a little better since last year. You know what you're getting from him.
Engvall has run dry in the Swede 2nd league after doing well in the U20 league. He's only 18 though, so no need to worry about him yet.
Piccinich is being redshirted or something. I don't know, but it doesn't look good. Looks like the worst pick of that draft by a large margin so far. Too early to give up on him though.
Vesey is posting good numbers with Maine, and is probably exceeding his draft position right now.
Cameranesi and Toninato are posting solid numbers for Minnesota-Duluth (T-2nd in scoring), but Toninato has been outperforming Cameranesi. Cameranesi still has done well enough to be a solid trade chip though.
Everson is doing solid as captain and senior on Harvard. Could earn an AHL contract or be a trade chip.
Herzog will be in Europe long term, and as a 20 year old is playing some bottom 6 minutes in the top league. Could be a really good two-way forward/trade chip.
Joshua is posting good numbers in the USHL and will be playing for Ohio State next year.

Really basic, and you could probably find some Leafs article summarizing them.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Anyone watching the game? How's Leipsic playing? I see he has 2 shots. That's about all the info you can get from the AHL site.

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
Anyone watching the game? How's Leipsic playing? I see he has 2 shots. That's about all the info you can get from the AHL site.

He has been good defensively, pretty aware and is first forward back. Board play has been fine, had a few rushes. He also turned the puck over once or twice and just took a tripping penalty. Looks really small :laugh: but I can see him being a Gallagher type player for us.

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
Leipsic scores, i believe Leivo got an assist

Connor Brown and Nylander both have PP assists on Ryan Ruperts goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad