2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion) - Offseason FA and trade talk Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I have a feeling that St. Louis would be more willing to move Halak if they got a fair deal. I also wouldn't be surprised if they went with the two goalie system like Chicago used this year, and like the Blues used in 2011-12.

I think Khudobin is a free agent. Wouldn't be against him.

I don't see St-Louis moving Halak since he's their best goalie. If I was a betting man, I'd say Elliot is moved before Halak.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Personally, I hope Moose retires. He seems like a great guy and teammate and has had a pretty solid career but after what I saw over those couple weeks where he filled in, I really wish he would hang em up. Doesn't sound like that's happening though after the quotes I read last weekend. Don't really like that but whatever. Better hope and pray that Marty doesn't get hurt again and channels his inner 2006

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I don't think St. Louis wants to let Halak go at all. Elliott is the hot/cold streaky player of the two. He's just hot going into the playoffs while Halak was hurt. Now if he takes them straight through to the finals... well things may change but remember Elliott got sent down and Allen was up starting at one point not too long ago.

In March he was down for almost a month while Allen was up.

Elliott, 27, has appeared in 11 games for the Blues this season, posting a 3-6-1 record with a 3.65 goals-against average and a .851 save percentage.

Then he came back and started kicking butt. Who knows what they'll do but unless they have soured on Halak due to injuries, I doubt they want to move him.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What if Halak were to ask for a trade because he didn't like having to backup Elliott in the playoffs?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
We will have some room if we don't re sign D'Agostini. I don't think Matteau makes the team out of camp this year. I really think they want him in the minors for at least a year.

It also just might take Clarkson walking for us to make a decent signing too.

Yeah, I don't think Matteau makes it this time around. I don't think he shouldn't have started with New Jersey this year, but with the additions of D'agostini and and Loktionov, I don't think there's room for him next season. Of course, re-signings are gonna play a big part in that too.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
im not joking at all. lou is done. tell me what hes done since the lockout? this cryptic bs and status **** off nonsense has not helped improve this team. the drafting has been meh and im sure vanderbeek was the catalyst behind getting kovy and signing him at all costs. because thats not really a lou move. look i love the guy and all hes done, and how much we can thank him for, but we need some fresh blood. jarmo wouldve been a great choice but so much for that. al qaeda has more modern methods than ****ing lou.

Preach. I've felt this way for a few years now. Yea hes caught lightning in a bottle a few times but a lot of GM's in this day and age do. Truth is, the majority of his decisions after lockout have been pretty flawed. The way he handled the salary cap a couple different years and the no negotiating with our own UFA policies really agitated me and still do. The status quo sayings and the no player allowed to have a twitter account law kind of irritates me but whatever. With the exception of this year and 2011 we've been a playoff team every year since the lockout but only 1 of those teams was a legit contender. The rest were taylor made for an early exit.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd say Cam - pack your bags again! LOL

That would be a historic heist just for the fact that he was a pending UFA.:laugh: The rights to Janssen for Halak or Elliott!:laugh:

I think we should just hope Marty doesn't get injured, and Moose as well cause that will really increase Marty's workload. And then in 2014 both Elliott, and Halak are UFA's, including a number of decent goalies I believe.

I'm more concerned with the offense. The goaltending/PK, just haven't been good enough to make up for how pathetic the offense has been.

Over the last few years this has been my wishlist as Marty's successor, but most of them have since been signed to extensions by their teams.

Rinne, Lehtonen, Pavelec, Niemi, Howard.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
**** that just ask for Allen in that situation.

Would cost an arm and a leg though, but I don't want Elliott.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so everyone is bandying around players they want to see back, players they want brought in, players they want let go. what are you guys realistic ideal lines for next season?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Preach. I've felt this way for a few years now. Yea hes caught lightning in a bottle a few times but a lot of GM's in this day and age do. Truth is, the majority of his decisions after lockout have been pretty flawed. The way he handled the salary cap a couple different years and the no negotiating with our own UFA policies really agitated me and still do. The status quo sayings and the no player allowed to have a twitter account law kind of irritates me but whatever. With the exception of this year and 2011 we've been a playoff team every year since the lockout but only 1 of those teams was a legit contender. The rest were taylor made for an early exit.
I have felt this way too, but I'm a little confused. Not sure whose way I should send my frustrations to. Lou? Or ownership? Lou doesn't let Parise walk years ago without making some kind of a trade, or working something out. When Nieds walked he signed a bunch of players which honestly was not a good idea. McGillis, Malakhov, Matvichuk, were panic signings. Although Matvichuk I'm pretty sure was signed the Summer of 04. We wound up having to bury McGillis in the minors (Along with ALMO) and Malakhov we had to send the Sharks our 07 first rounder just to get rid of him.

When Gomer walked Lou signed Zubrus. At the time he wasn't exactly on par with Gomez, but it was a good signing. Paul Martin walked, and we brought on Tallinder, and Volchenkov. Tallinder was no Martin, but he was a lot closer to him than Bobby Butler was to Parise.

At this point I'm not sure who to blame. Perhaps finances are still tight, and we were just able to give Zajac the extension, but no other big moves. There's no shame in this, but compare Lou to Marty. He's the greatest GM of all time, but that doesn't mean he's the greatest in the game right now in the year 2013. There's no shame in that either.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
I have felt this way too, but I'm a little confused. Not sure whose way I should send my frustrations to. Lou? Or ownership? Lou doesn't let Parise walk years ago without making some kind of a trade, or working something out. When Nieds walked he signed a bunch of players which honestly was not a good idea. McGillis, Malakhov, Matvichuk, were panic signings. Although Matvichuk I'm pretty sure was signed the Summer of 04. We wound up having to bury McGillis in the minors (Along with ALMO) and Malakhov we had to send the Sharks our 07 first rounder just to get rid of him.

When Gomer walked Lou signed Zubrus. At the time he wasn't exactly on par with Gomez, but it was a good signing. Paul Martin walked, and we brought on Tallinder, and Volchenkov. Tallinder was no Martin, but he was a lot closer to him than Bobby Butler was to Parise.

At this point I'm not sure who to blame. Perhaps finances are still tight, and we were just able to give Zajac the extension, but no other big moves. There's no shame in this, but compare Lou to Marty. He's the greatest GM of all time, but that doesn't mean he's the greatest in the game right now in the year 2013. There's no shame in that either.

lou is the one to blame. nobody else. its his ****ing bs, methods, deals, non deals that put this ******* ****house on the ice. 9 dmen? sure. not speak to pending(and important) free agents? sorry cant. bring in a circle jerk of circle jerk goons? gotta catch em all right! status quo? status **** yeah! no facial hair. thats right mattingly. lose a sniper, use spare parts? thats right, im garth snow mother ****er. dont re-sign sykora, a goal scorer? i didnt like his quip about bus driving, we have a bus driver.

and thats just this season/last.
**** him. get the **** out.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
lou is the one to blame. nobody else. its his ****ing bs, methods, deals, non deals that put this ******* ****house on the ice. 9 dmen? sure. not speak to pending(and important) free agents? sorry cant. bring in a circle jerk of circle jerk goons? gotta catch em all right! status quo? status **** yeah! no facial hair. thats right mattingly. lose a sniper, use spare parts? thats right, im garth snow mother ****er. dont re-sign sykora, a goal scorer? i didnt like his quip about bus driving, we have a bus driver.

This is great :laugh: You hit the nail on the head regarding everything. Can't forget the no twitter law. That's always bugged the crap outta me. God forbid we let our fans know what the players are doing during the season and off season and what their lives are like. It's 2013, get with the damn program. Also weren't we the only team to not do anything special for the fans after the lockout this year? That's par for the course

apice3*

I think Halak is the most overrated goalie in the league, but that's just me. He's making his money off that great postseason he had with Montreal.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
This is great :laugh: You hit the nail on the head regarding everything. Can't forget the no twitter law. That's always bugged the crap outta me. God forbid we let our fans know what the players are doing during the season and off season and what their lives are like. It's 2013, get with the damn program. Also weren't we the only team to not do anything special for the fans after the lockout this year? That's par for the course

here is a file photo of lou this spring

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Abo is legendary.:laugh:
I'm not sure when the facial hair thing started cause I distinctly remember Petr Sykora having the goatee back in the day during the regular season. I also seem to remember Stevens, and Dano having some kind of facial hair during the regular season at one time. And most of us remember Mike Peluso with the long hair.
I think Halak is the most overrated goalie in the league, but that's just me. He's making his money off that great postseason he had with Montreal.
He might be overrated, but he'd be a pretty good stop gap I think. I mean put him up against Theodore, Nabokov, Vokoun, etc. Those guys are or at least will be corpses by 2014. Halak won't even be 30 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad