2013/2014 Minnesota Wild News and Notes - New Division and New Expectations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland

Wouldn't a WC and 24/7 be a no brainer in Minnesota? The national attention would probably get the state's media outlets and fans more involved too?

e: video there just because it reminded me how awesome 24/7 is but saddens me that so far I have a mild-to-deep hate for all the teams involved including this years...

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
+1

Bored of them.

The game doesn't translate well to TV. The television angles all suck. Plus, the crew spends too much time romanticizing the outdoor game and not enough on the actual game, itself.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Minnesota should be getting a Winter Classic in the next couple years and now everyone's bored of them.

Sounds about right.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
I can't say I'm huge fan of the event itself its just another 2/3 point game, but huge fan of the HBO 24/7 and I don't want for it to go away anytime soon. It ought to be done with a playoff series without disclosing injuries or work around the delicate matters somehow.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
They talked about the wild on NHL tonight. Two people had them in their power rankings. Also there was three teams from the central division in there rankings.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Am I the only one who's happy Koivu and Parise aren't participating in Movember? Koivu grew a moustache once and he looked like a sex predator, and my imagination tells me Parise would resemble a Mexican bandit. :laugh:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Niklas Backstrom is sidelined with a concussion. The Wild has a ton of games coming up, including back-to-backs the next three weeks and in four of the next five (not counting Wednesday). He is doing light workouts but not skating, so my guess now is the Wild will have to somehow add an experienced backup, whether it be trading a draft pick for a Scott Clemmensen-type or signing a Jose Theodore or a Rick DiPietro or a Mathieu Garon or somebody.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/232609421.html

I hope Theo's mask is as cool as it was last time he was with us.

WildFinn*

We really should make moves to get Rynnäs, I have a bad feeling he is going to be a steal for someone.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Only goalies I would not have a problem as a stop-gap from F/A: Theodore/Garon.

I think Rynnäs would definitely be a better option than DiPietro.

I don't think Florida would trade Clemmensen.

WildFinn*

Only goalies I would not have a problem as a stop-gap from F/A: Theodore/Garon.

I think Rynnäs would definitely be a better option than DiPietro.

I don't think Florida would trade Clemmensen.

The thing about Rynnäs is that many think he is total wash after failure in Toronto.

The reasons for that failure where mainly injuries that resulted from lack of conditioning.
He has a good head and and clearly had intense training last summer, he has given honest interviews and does not make excuses or blame others.
He has stated that the goal is to make it in the NHL.

He is a giant, 6'5 now, that is the reason his conditioning was of, major case of growth spurt and lack of the physical training to support that.
This happened just when he went to the army also, almost quit his career then.

He is still only 26, knows what it takes to make it in NHL, is doing it, has confidence and is blasting the Finnish league.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I hope East starts winning soon..

Not vs the Wild, of course ;)

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
The East won´t catch up in overall points anymore. They are so far behind they can´t match the top teams in the West. Sure some eastern teams will climb up to the top 8 but it seems that the season will finish with top 2 teams from the West leading the NHL overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad