GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Part 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simoneau

Oct 28, 2010
Rhode Island
I think the Wild will get a game or two against Chicago. Who knows? We've seen crazier things.

Meanwhile, the heck is going on with the Sharks?

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Colorado's success this year doesn't look sustainable without major upgrades on the back end. Basically they had terrible defense all year and relied on superhuman goaltending from Varlamov all year to bail them out. Varlamov is good but I don't think he's superhuman good. They have exciting young forwards out the yin-yang though.

David Krejci*

get out! did you just make that up?
The quote? No I didn't make it up, google it.

Also, LMAO at everyone making excuses for Thornton. Yeah his numbers aren't bad in the playoffs, but anyone who actually watches knows he disappears when it really matters. Here are some numbers for you: 0-0-0 in the last 4 games. He doesn't have that extra gear needed when it comes down to it. LOSER.

And of course there's always the "it's a team game" people. So we're not allowed to criticize an individual's performance? Especially the captain, the leader, the face of the franchise?? Funny how nobody ever says "it's a team game" when pointing to someone's goal or point totals, or in MVP discussions.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
The beauty is they still have value, even after this.

Don't kid yourself. Half the league would be climbing over each other to get a chance to bring Jumbo and Marleau in.

No doubt. They signed those deals just a few months ago though. Both probably taking slight discounts to stay in San Jose. I doubt Doug Wilson will deal either player. Probably going to need a full house cleaning, which honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Drew Doughty might just be the best all around d-man in the league.

So good in his own end AND can bring it on offense.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
never would have happened to the sharks if they drafted hamill instead of couture

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Colorado's success this year doesn't look sustainable without major upgrades on the back end. Basically they had terrible defense all year and relied on superhuman goaltending from Varlamov all year to bail them out. Varlamov is good but I don't think he's superhuman good. They have exciting young forwards out the yin-yang though.

Cooke also took out their best D-man. Conn Smythe.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I would not bet against a Chicago-Boston rematch at this point. Unless LA finds a way to score enough in a series against Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad