2013-14 Minnesota Wild Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Didn't Russo also speculate that the second line is gonna get a "shake-up"?

I think putting Zucker with Coyle and Nino would be the definition of a shake up. Plus that line could actually generate something resembling offense.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
@Russostrib: #mnwild No. 1 unit now features Koivu, Parise, Pominville down low w Suter/Spurgeon; 2nd unit has Coyle, Heatley, Fontaine, Ballard, Brodin

Well I like that Pominville is off the point. Don't like that second unit.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
• Heatley is a non-factor on nearly every PP.
• Coyle and Fontaine on an NHL PP is comical. Granted, they're pigeon-holed with only Coyle as a center option.
• No idea why Zucker never sees PP time. Why would they want a trigger, though?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
So Yeo thinks Fontaine can pass the puck better than Nino? Ok...

Yeah... Strange.

I can think of numerous times when Neiderreiter made excellent passes that resulted in goals.

Honestly, I think the only reason why Fontaine is on the PP is because he can grind a puck along the boards and win battles. He has a Parise-esque work ethic.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Faith... In... Yeo... Starting... To... Crumble....

I'm not trying to be pessimistic about this, but many times this season, many people on these boards have questioned his decisions, and sadly the voiced concerns turn out to be right, just a few too many times.

We do not seem to be getting back to what we were doing at the beginning of the season either, which is somewhat perplexing. While other teams improve, we continue to get worse, it is sad.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Faith... In... Yeo... Starting... To... Crumble....

I'm not trying to be pessimistic about this, but many times this season, many people on these boards have questioned his decisions, and sadly the voiced concerns turn out to be right, just a few too many times.

We do not seem to be getting back to what we were doing at the beginning of the season either, which is somewhat perplexing. While other teams improve, we continue to get worse, it is sad.

How many times to people question decisions that work out right? None, that's why only the negative side shows. (Just being Devil's advocate).

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Things that worked:

- Harding as starter
- Top four defensive pairings
- Cooke/Brodziak as shutdown line anchors
- Heatley on fourth line
- Granlund at center

Not that any of those were brilliant ideas that we couldn't see for ourselves, but hey.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Things that worked:

- Harding as starter
- Top four defensive pairings
- Cooke/Brodziak as shutdown line anchors
- Heatley on fourth line
- Granlund at center

Not that any of those were brilliant ideas that we couldn't see for ourselves, but hey.

What about putting Brodin with Suter, knowing they both played LD and that meant Brodin would be playing on a more unfamiliar side of the blueline?

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
No, I mean real updates.

The fact that seemingly NOTHING has been said about him, leads me to believe that he is not doing well. I surmise from the silence that he is still suffering effects from his concussion(s).

I also think this will be a familiar theme/issue/problem/ailment for him the rest of his career ....thus my PMB reference.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
The concussions are indeed worrisome. That said, I'm confident he'll be fine. Just let him recover in peace.

Let's not jump to conclusions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad