2013-14 Minnesota Wild Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Pierre and doc tomorrow. On the penguins board there is also thread were they go on about Zach Parise.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Did you know that Zach Parise played at Shattuck St. Mary's, where Sidney Crosby played?

Crosby Crosby Crosby.

Malkin Jagr StLouis Subban Karlson STADIUM SERIES shot from the point Crosby Shattuck St. Mary's Univeristy of North Dakota WINTER CLASSIC EASTERN CONFERENCE EASTERN CONFERENCE Crosby Crosby Stamkos's Broken Leg.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
NBCSN Pierre McGuire Zack Parise Flowchart in bullet form:
  • Zack played at Shattuck
    1. Sidney Crosby played there, too. Both of these guys worked really hard for their teams there, Doc.
    2. Nathan MacKinnon also played there. He's lighting the league on fire with his top-ranked team right now, y'know?
    3. Sidney Crosby set records there and won some championships after Zack was there
    4. Shattuck's in Faribault, Minnesota just south of here in the Twin Cities, Doc. Just a short drive.
    5. Hey, did you know that Sidney Crosby attended Shattuck, too? We can go right down and see his jersey hanging right outside the arena.
  • Zack later played at University of North Dakota
    1. Jonathan Toews also played there. What a good ol' Canadian boy
    2. North Dakota is next to Minnesota. Heya doc, Sidney Crosby used to play in Minnesota and brought hockey to the State of Hockey in a way nobody else did before, Doc.
  • Zack Parise in the NHL
    1. Drafted for New Jersey
    2. Captained them to the Stanley Cup Finals and then left in Free Agency
    3. Played a lot against division rival Pittsburgh Penguins and GOAT Sidney Crosby
    4. Yeah Sidney Crosby will be on NBCSN about 50 more times this season starting tomorrow, Doc.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
NBCSN Pierre McGuire Zack Parise Flowchart in bullet form:
  • Zack played at Shattuck
    1. Sidney Crosby played there, too. Both of these guys worked really hard for their teams there, Doc.
    2. Nathan MacKinnon also played there. He's lighting the league on fire with his top-ranked team right now, y'know?
    3. Sidney Crosby set records there and won some championships after Zack was there
    4. Shattuck's in Faribault, Minnesota just south of here in the Twin Cities, Doc. Just a short drive.
    5. Hey, did you know that Sidney Crosby attended Shattuck, too? We can go right down and see his jersey hanging right outside the arena.
  • Zack later played at University of North Dakota
    1. Jonathan Toews also played there. What a good ol' Canadian boy
    2. North Dakota is next to Minnesota. Heya doc, Sidney Crosby used to play in Minnesota and brought hockey to the State of Hockey in a way nobody else did before, Doc.
  • Zack Parise in the NHL
    1. Drafted for New Jersey
    2. Captained them to the Stanley Cup Finals and then left in Free Agency
    3. Played a lot against division rival Pittsburgh Penguins and GOAT Sidney Crosby
    4. Yeah Sidney Crosby will be on NBCSN about 50 more times this season starting tomorrow, Doc.

Zach

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Schedule:

PHI W
CHI L
CLB W
SJS L
ANA L
SJS L
COL L
VAN W
PIT L

This is how I see us doing.

I can't really see us doing well in that stretch, but I don't see Yeo getting fired either.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Maybe it's just me but I think they should put his full first name in the official team website roster.

Like Daniel Heatley, Matthew Cooke, Michael Rupp and Joshua Harding? Maybe the players themselves want a say on what they're called?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
This is how I see us doing.

I can't really see us doing well in that stretch, but I don't see Yeo getting fired either.

I see the same thing, except maybe squeak out a win vs SJS/ANA. MAYBE.

But if the coach goes, say, 6-11 or 7-10 in that stretch, I can't see him lasting. That's not getting enough points. The Wild are in the first wild card spot right now and are dropping. If they are out of the playoffs by mid-to-late December, it's really hard to get back into it. And that's a step back from last year and Yeo is gone.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
30 Thoughts:

13. The Wild really liked Niederreiter, who went fifth overall in the 2010 draft. He was atop their list with Ryan Johansen (fourth, Columbus Blue Jackets), Jeff Skinner (seventh, Carolina Hurricanes) and Mikael Granlund, who they got ninth. Minnesota always kept an eye on him in case there was an opportunity. It came last summer.

Last edited:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Really hope that Harding gets an Olympic nod for his play. He has the lowest GAA (1.45), third in save % (0.939), and tied for most wins among Canadian goalies.

100% comes down to if he's healthy. I'm honestly hoping his medical issue isn't what keeps them away from him. Although, knowing that market and how they "demand" excellence it'll be Broduer, Price, and Louongo lol

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Really hope that Harding gets an Olympic nod for his play. He has the lowest GAA (1.45), third in save % (0.939), and tied for most wins among Canadian goalies.

I'm selfishly hoping he doesn't make team and sits at home resting. His continued good play is critical to any Wild success this year.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Agree.
Much rather have Haula centering the 2nd line and Coyle on the 1st line RW. Pominville just doesn't work with that top group and Coyle is better at wing.

Eh? I would argue that that top line has been dominating since Pominville went back up to it. Not saying it's all Pominville's doing, but I think he's better than Coyle on that line, and Coyle seems to play the same no matter what line we put him on. Thing is, with Granlund back (whenever that happens) Pominville will also be better on the 2nd line than Coyle would be. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out at that time, now that our first line is beating teams.

In any case, once Granny is back, Haula is going to be sent back down, unless he turns into some ultra-scorer during the next couple weeks (or if we ship Dumba to Red Deer). On a side note, I did like his chemistry with Fontaine. The college line. Maybe in a few years a Lucia - Haula - Fontaine line could be good. Maybe. :P

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Eh? I would argue that that top line has been dominating since Pominville went back up to it. Not saying it's all Pominville's doing, but I think he's better than Coyle on that line, and Coyle seems to play the same no matter what line we put him on. Thing is, with Granlund back (whenever that happens) Pominville will also be better on the 2nd line than Coyle would be. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out at that time, now that our first line is beating teams.

In any case, once Granny is back, Haula is going to be sent back down, unless he turns into some ultra-scorer during the next couple weeks (or if we ship Dumba to Red Deer). On a side note, I did like his chemistry with Fontaine. The college line. Maybe in a few years a Lucia - Haula - Fontaine line could be good. Maybe. :P

Coyle is not good at center. He has a 37% FO% and his biggest asset is his strength, especially along the boards, playing Wing lets him play to his strengths.

Pominville has been better on the top line the last few games but I still would rather have Coyle there and not at Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad