2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, Proposals, and other Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
How about Lupul, Bozak, and Franson for Wayne Simmonds and Sean Couturier?

Can't imagine the Flyers would like that, great deal for the Leafs. Maybe take it to their Board and see what they think.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
why do people want a 35 year old joe thornton who has not won
anything in his long tenure as captain of the sharks.

This is a guy who always drys up when the team needs him most.
Yet we want him on our team. Dont understand this thinking.

the only way to get a good young center is to draft him and watch him grow.
do whatever it takes to get into the top three in this draft and go from there.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
They just signed Marleau and Thornton too. I'm not sure if Doug Wison has the balls to trade either one of them to shake it up. I know some don't like him but if Thornton ever was made available for a fair price, I would really consider it... but he's up there in age and I would not give up much in terms of youth... so I guess it would never happen.

Boyle is definitely gone though.

They kept showing Doug Wilson on air last night and he looked frustrated/fed-up. I expect him to make changes this season. Theres a team thats not gonna get better before it gets worse; I think he understands that the core is aging and consistent playoff failures hit a nerve.

Retaining his assets will have been a shrewd way of getting something for assets that were headed for free agency, me thinks, in hindsight.

Regarding Boyle, I sure hope the Leafs aren't after him. He's not bad but he's not that good anymore either. I personally prefer defencemen with wheels and Boyle's are beginning to fall off.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Done deal

Washington Capitals ‏@washcaps 5m

NEWS: #Caps Acquire Fourth-Round Pick in 2014 NHL Draft from NY Islanders for Jaroslav Halak.

Doesnt preclude them from also acquiring Reimer. He could just as easily walk on July 1.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Done deal

Doesnt preclude them from also acquiring Reimer. He could just as easily walk on July 1.

Maybe, but the goalie market is pretty weak at the moment regardless. Reimer might be best moved as a throw in with something else (Franson + Reimer, Lupul + Reimer, Phaneuf + Reimer).

Winnipeg needs a goalie and a scoring forward, so some deal of Lupul + Reimer to them might be our best bet if the Islanders are withdrawn from the goalie market. Especially since I think it's doubtful that UFAs like Miller/Hiller will want to sign there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad