Speculation: 2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

i don't feel like callahan fills a need.

also people need to stop with the fantasies about trading clarkson. it's not happening right now, maybe not ever.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

also people need to stop with the fantasies about trading clarkson. it's not happening right now, maybe not ever.

Not unless we need to make cap. However, I see Lupul being traded before Clarkson if that's the case. Also, no, we shouldn't touch any of Girardi or Callahan, unless it's a really cheap price involving like Franson for Girardi or something. Otherwise, it's acceptable. However, Girardi and Callahan are going to want a ridiculous price which means we are either stupidly going to pay it, or we are going to let them walk. They're both going to go to teams with a lot of cap and can resign them.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

50 to 60 pt winger, that hits and adds leadership

If they did deal for him. I'd think it would have to be around Kadri. Considering Callahan and him would be making similar cap hits in the next two years. Decide whether you'd want that cap hit to go to Kadri or Callahan?

As for a deal

Kadri, Franson, and Kulemin. For Giradri, Callahan. Is pretty much on the dollar

Conditional pick around Girardi resigning

If they"ve come to a decision that Kadri can't be a C for them then maybe they do a. Deal like this. Would make them a hard team to play against.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

50 to 60 pt winger, that hits and adds leadership

If they did deal for him. I'd think it would have to be around Kadri. Considering Callahan and him would be making similar cap hits in the next two years. Decide whether you'd want that cap hit to go to Kadri or Callahan?

As for a deal

Kadri, Franson, and Kulemin. For Giradri, Callahan. Is pretty much on the dollar

Conditional pick around Girardi resigning

If they"ve come to a decision that Kadri can't be a C for them then maybe they do a. Deal like this. Would make them a hard team to play against.

this is a terrible idea. girardi and callahan are both UFAs at hte end of the year. and then you want to add a conditional pick if Girardi re-signs? :help:

even if they were going to give up kadri (and i think it would be a bad idea) it shouldn't be for a winger. we don't need another guy like that. also it sounds like callahan wants the same sort of contract clarkson has. we don't need to give out another one of those albatrosses.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
The Next Leaf To Be Traded!

Who do you think will be the next Leaf traded?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto

What we need we haven't been able to acquire for a long time. Guys like Callahan are always a great addition to any team if you're able to acquire them.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
If during the season Raymond or Kulemin, if none this season Reimer in the off season.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
If during the season Raymond or Kulemin, if none this season Reimer in the off season.

I personally have it thrown up between Fraser, Raymond, Kulemin, Franson, Orr and McLaren. I don't know who, but I think it will be one of them in order to open up enough cap to do something bigger and to be able to afford to bring back Bolland.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I'd like to lose Raymond if we can.

I'd personally like to lose all of the players I listed. Other than Kulemin, I think all of them can easily be upgraded upon. Even Kulemin can have a run for his money from 23 year old Jerry D'Amigo.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'd personally like to lose all of the players I listed. Other than Kulemin, I think all of them can easily be upgraded upon. Even Kulemin can have a run for his money from 23 year old Jerry D'Amigo.

I would like to see more grit in Raymond's spot. He's far too easy to play against that when he is not adding secondary scoring. He is a negative for us.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Think we could convince Komarov to come back before the Deadline (so he could play in the playoffs)?

Komarov - Bolland - Clarkson
Ashton - McClement - Bodie/Orr

A much better looking bottom 6 down the stretch IMO

Alexander Baigle

Jun 27, 2011
Great White North
Think we could convince Komarov to come back before the Deadline (so he could play in the playoffs)?

I believe the opportunity window to sign players to play this season is over.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Or D'Amigo. He provides a lot of energy there, and plays a lot like Kulemin, which is something we could use there.

Also, perhaps since Bolland and Clarkson both are able to snipe/ plant themselves in front of the net for rebounds, perhaps a playmaking compliment like Abbott will be better. His hard shot would create a lot of rebounds to be cleaned up, he still likes to fight hard for pucks in the dirty areas, he has great vision and IQ which is essential for crunch time. He may not be the biggest body, but with Bolland and Clarkson it won't matter too much. He provides secondary scoring, will make his linemates better, and will be far better defensively than Raymond. If only he wasn't 5'9" and 165 lbs.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Hey can one of the mods add a "speculation" tag to this thread. Its hard finding it through all the other pinned posts without the green speculation tag sticking out. :)

TheJet11

Nov 8, 2013
I would be fine with Komarov pulling a Radulov and jumping back to the NHL for a playoff push. He was great last season, and I'd certainly welcome him back if we are able to turn Raymond, Kulemin, McClement into assets.

For as much praise as McClement gets for his PK and defensive abilities.... we're second last in the NHL this year in PK%. Last season we were second BEST (at 87.9%, just 0.1% behind Ottawa for top spot)

The only player that saw major PK time last year, that isn't on the team this year?.... Leo Komarov. He's a better than 50% faceoff man, and averaged a little under 2 mins of short-handed TOI last season.

Bring this guy back, and our bottom 6 group is better (even if we deal McClement). I know it would burn a year of his rights, and he'd be free to sign elsewhere in the offseason, but the fact that he wouldn't cost us a pick or prospect is great. If we could give him McClement's money, I'd probably even resign him!

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I think Nonis will be pushing for Callahan. Remember reading a month or so ago that he was looking for a top 6 forward.. Ryan is just that plus he brings an all around game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad