2011 Vancouver Riot - 30 for 30 Documentary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Holy crap is this is embarrassing for the Nucks.

I hadn’t realized it got THAT out of control. It’s just hockey guys, cmon, that’s goes for Twitter too.

Reactions: PuckG

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey

I hadn’t realized it got THAT out of control. It’s just hockey guys, cmon, that’s goes for Twitter too.

Why is the documentary embarrassing? Unless you're talking specifically about the riots, which happened 13 years ago. You must've been less than 5 years old if you didn't know it was that out of control.

Reactions: Bgav and AssaultPK

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Why is the documentary embarrassing? Unless you're talking specifically about the riots, which happened 13 years ago. You must've been less than 5 years old if you didn't know it was that out of control.
Of course I’m talking about the riots in a documentary about riots. I had forgotten how bad it was. But back then I also never really dug too deep into the story. Didn’t realize it was this bad.

This is DEFINITELY something that should be talked about again. For sure.

Canuck man bad.
It’s part of NHL history and lore now. And a cautionary tale that all fanbases need to hear. Never forget.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Interesting, seems like it was a conscious decision to wait until after the Canucks were done playing to air it.

Reactions: DaveG

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think this is unique to just hockey. We often underestimate the power of evil when opportunities arise for the average person and how little "justification" they really need to do it.

It’s really strange how ideas can run through a collective conscious and start to take over. The thing is, people really didn’t riot because of emotions over the game. It was this kind of running gag that people took too far and then mob mentality and alcohol got out of hand. Everyone was joking about there being riots if they lost leading up to the game, and that got louder on social media when it was clear they were going to. I don’t think most people expected it to happen, but once some people started doing it, that running thought seemed to take over.

Reactions: DaveG and SEALBound

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It’s really strange how ideas can run through a collective conscious and start to take over. The thing is, people really didn’t riot because of emotions over the game. It was this kind of running gag that people took too far and then mob mentality and alcohol got out of hand. Everyone was joking about there being riots if they lost leading up to the game, and that got louder on social media when it was clear they were going to. I don’t think most people expected it to happen, but once some people started doing it, that running thought seemed to take over.
Yeah, that's what I was kinda getting at. Honestly, I don't remember much about it but I do remember the photo of the guy trying to light the rag that was stuff into the police cruiser's gas tank. While that's a pretty horrendous thing to do, I imagine if you talked to the guy the day before or day after, you wouldn't peg him as a guy that was about to, or had just tried to, blow up police car in a riot. That's based on nothing other than a hunch.

Reactions: Regal and DaveG

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

Just an fyi: You can't decide what is embarrassing for someone else. It is entirely up to the targeted party. What is embarrassing for you may not be embarrassing for someone else.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Of all the things to riot over I'll never not be astounded at privileged people with apparently nothing better to do, rioting over f***ing sports.

Shows you how divorced they are from actual real life issues.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Of course I’m talking about the riots in a documentary about riots. I had forgotten how bad it was. But back then I also never really dug too deep into the story. Didn’t realize it was this bad.

It’s part of NHL history and lore now. And a cautionary tale that all fanbases need to hear. Never forget.
Why? Don't trash your city when your team loses or.......consequences?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It’s a good reminder of how not to conduct yourself.

It’s unreal that the impact was so devastating that they made a documentary covering it over a decade later.

Reactions: Kerberos

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just an fyi: You can't decide what is embarrassing for someone else. It is entirely up to the targeted party. What is embarrassing for you may not be embarrassing for someone else.
In my estimation it would be. I could be wrong though, which is the nature of opinions. Either way, the documentary opened my eyes, way more in depth than I ever remembered that story.

Reactions: Grifter3511
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad