GDT: 20 Mar 2014 / Wild @ Devils / 6 PM CT - 1 AM Suomi / FS-N+, MSG PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpRedDawn*

yeo will prolly tell the wild how awesome they are for coming back in this game, completely ignoring the fact that they played like **** the whole time

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Small rant:

- Where the **** was Moulson? Totally invincible :shakehead
- Heatley... you know... :shakehead
- Koivu got almost 2 minutes more PP time than Granlund. Yeo still don't get it, at all :shakehead
- Prosser's penalty, what a ******* joke. :rant:
- Nino was bad. Well, everybody were, really.

Happy with point, though!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Small rant:

- Koivu got almost 2 minutes more PP time than Granlund. Yeo still don't get it, at all :shakehead

I don't see Yeo surviving this season with a job.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Small rant:

His entire line sucks. Coyle isn't a center and Heatley is Heatley.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Small rant:

Granlund wasn't that good tonight and that third line sucks. Hoping that Haula jumps in but I don't wanna sit McCormick so I hope that Yeo sit Heatley.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Granlund wasn't that good tonight and that third line sucks. Hoping that Haula jumps in but I don't wanna sit McCormick so I hope that Yeo sit Heatley.

Yes, Granlund wasn't good either. And got lucky goal, too.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2014-articles/march/wild-vs-jersey-devils.html

Too little, too late. No excuse for such a poor start. Koivu in overtime, blech. Lazy backchecking effort and Wild get beat in OT. Bryzgalov was ok, the Fayne goal was the only one that was a tiny bit questionable, but he kept us in it when we didn't deserve to be. The team needs to do more of what Granlund did when there are no other options. Charlie Coyle could learn a ton from that. When in doubt, put the puck on the net and maybe you'll get lucky like Granlund did. The Red Wings used to do that all of the time. I never understood why more teams didn't adopt the junk goal tactic like that. Instead Coyle tries to thread passes through two or three defenders. Prosser won't get any supplemental discipline, in fact the Wild should be owed an apology for the 2nd time in a month having one of their players booted from a game when they shouldn'tve been. I have a full game report and an Iowa Wild update.

Billy Mays Here*

I will gladly take a point after that "major penalty" and the team not showing up for the majority of the game.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Optimist:
3 games in 4 nights at least we came back and got a point.
Dallas lost
Major on Pross was garbage, maybe its a different story if that doesn't get called
Parise scored

Pessimist:
Overall an atrocious game by the Wild
Heater sucks
Coyle sucks
Parise no goal on breakaway/Devils shorty
Fire Yeo

I'm somewhere in between. Great that we didn't pack it in and give up. Too bad that we played ****** against a very beatable team.

They should make Koivu but a ticket from now on like the rest of the people there spectating. He just left Greene wide open on that OT goal as he sat and watched that play unfold. Luckily Dallas lost too, that helps us a lot. Hopefully Florida can pull off a miracle and beat Phoenix but I doubt it. Gotta get at least 3 of 4 points against an injury riddled Detroit team in the home and home I would think. And more importantly put forth a solid 120 minutes no matter what. Too often this team loses simply because they don't move their feet and thus put no pressure on the other team. Parise mentioned that in his post game interview too. The team is good when the forcheckers are moving their feet and getting in the defenses face. Heatley glides enough for the entire team. I understand 3 games in 4 nights is tough but these guys are professionals. The whole game plan gets thrown out the window when guys are just coasting around out there.

Overall, glad to get the 1 point when we deserved none but you can't have games like that at this point of the season. Least of all against the Devils.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Why does Yeo split up Granlund, Parise, and Pominville when it comes to the PP. It honestly makes zero sense. He has sat behind the bench the last two weeks and seen how well they play together at even strength creating so much scoring. I don't understand how he doesn't see how little creativity Koivu has on the PP.

GRANLUND MUST BE OUT THERE FOR EVERY POWERPLAY it is as simple as that. Yeo is a ****ing moron.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Pretty loud.

354lw0.jpg

Too bad it wasn't a W to rub it in even more though, haha. But for real, I've never understood why people vilify players who leave in free agency. So he didn't like it there (or liked it somewhere else better), so what? Would you rather have him stay when he doesn't really want to be there?

I would just feel like a total rube vociferously booing a player because he wanted to leave. :laugh:

Like Percy leaving the Vikes for Seattle; was I disappointed? Yeah. But he wanted to leave, so not much we can do about that. Thanks for the service, best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad