20-21 Season Tank Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
MOD WARNING:

This Tank Thread will remain open for the time being, but a few ground rules.
// snip

3) Those in the pro-tank camp are absolutely not allowed to use this thread to ridicule those who are not. The Site Rules still apply - specific or blanket insults will not be tolerated.

This is going to be very experimental. Tank Threads in the past have proven to be a lot of work for the local moderating team, which is why there has been extreme reluctance to allow one. If the above rules cannot be/willnot be abided by, this will be shut down.

For anyone not familiar with the full Site Rules including Flaming and Trolling, please see here: Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League .

tenor.gif

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Yup. I couldn't care less about the draft pick.

The worse this season goes, the more certain we can be that the rot in the organization will be addressed and the morons running this team will be gone.

I never thought you'd be one to advocate losing. Like at any point ever. Soooo... colour me surprised, hah.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I never thought you'd be one to advocate losing. Like at any point ever. Soooo... colour me surprised, hah.

Outside of the last 10 games of a season where you're 20 points out of the playoffs, nope. I've never been a tanking advocate.

It's not enjoyable to watch games cheering for the team to lose. But at this point the only thing that matters is being as terrible as possible to leverage these idiots out of here.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This tank concept is confusing. During games we (maybe just me?) can’t help but cheer for us to win. It’s after the game is over that we come here and (kind of) convince one another the losing (which obviously sucks old socks) has an important purpose in our team becoming a lot better, no?
Like right now it’s obvious we need to add draft picks, so trading vets out for those picks is important to being better later. Plus, getting the highest first round pick possible has increased potential to draft an impact player.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
While I can't say I'm on Team Tank per se, I've been saying since last spring that this season would be the ideal one to start absorbing the inevitable pain of the cap squeeze rather than extending it. That's why I wasn't troubled with not re-signing Markstrom, Tanev and Toffoli. Most likely end result would've been a short-term boon but a long-term bane. People aren't paying $50 - $200 to sit there and watch a tanking team, and the franchise isn't foregoing a chance for big playoff revenues because there won't be 18,000 people buying tickets for playoff games. Trade the likes of Pearson/Sutter/Benn as the deadline nears, get a high draft pick and start putting things in order for the future.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
This tank concept is confusing. During games we (maybe just me?) can’t help but cheer for us to win. It’s after the game is over that we come here and (kind of) convince one another the losing (which obviously sucks old socks) has an important purpose in our team becoming a lot better, no?
Like right now it’s obvious we need to add draft picks, so trading vets out for those picks is important to being better later. Plus, getting the highest first round pick possible has increased potential to draft an impact player.

You can come here in the middle of games too.

And no need to convince anyone the losing has an important purpose in our team getting better. Reality is a cruel mistress.

tumblr_odiecercOs1tnxkklo1_500.gifv

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Yup. I couldn't care less about the draft pick.

The worse this season goes, the more certain we can be that the rot in the organization will be addressed and the morons running this team will be gone.

It is so important to have Benning and Weisbrod removed.

The only problem is still the owner in place making the decisions.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It is so important to have Benning and Weisbrod removed.

The only problem is still the owner in place making the decisions.
Can Aquilini actually keep his hands out of hockey opps? If he can’t assure any new GM he’s able to do that, then we are going to just have another hand puppet GM.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I will root for losses unless the following players come up big and give our team wins: Hughes, Pettersson, Hoglander, Horvat, Boeser, Juolevi, Bailey, McEwan, Demko and any prospect with potential that works their ass off.

I will be livid if we get Sutter or Pearson game winners.

I also don't want to see demoralizing losses only because the young core may be negatively impacted.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Me I only want total destruction, a complete revolution where the team is sold to interests that can be looked up to as virtuous and good who then step in and completely sweep the entire franchise clean with the thoroughness of fire. Hire and sign only people who really want to be here and then let them do their jobs without interference. If that means groaning through season after season of years like this well then so be it; I'll still get to see stuff like Elias' through-the-legs goal and smile. But currently everything about this team is wrong.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Sad to say but the Canucks playoff chances are virtually dead not even halfway into the season. They would need to play with a .758 points percentage from now on to match Montreal’s projected finish.

Reactions: vanuck

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
It's so hard to cheer for the Canucks to lose but then I see the garbage on the roster and behind the bench and find myself furious and thinking it's what they deserve. So conflicted :(

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Elias Pettersson
Brock Boeser
Quinn Hughes
Luke Hughes
Nils Hoglander
JT Miller
Bo Horvat