GDT: 2 PENALTY MINUTES TO HURRICANE MILTON FOR DELAY OF THE GAME

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
If you told me before the game the canes would play poorly, vasi would look like vasi, the officiating would be as expected against tampa (jarvis' "slash" might just be the dumbest call we see this year), and tampa's stars / power play would show up and play really well i would not have expected a 2-1 game until we pulled the goalie.

Maybe they do suck and will never put it together and play a decent game, but i'm not writing off the season quite yet.

At least the freddie haters got to enjoy being "right" - i love pk and want him to be the 1a, but with the effort from the team in front last night i don't think it would have made a bit of difference except to frustrate the young guy.

Oh well, time to mentally reset so i can be truly disappointed by nc state football tonight.
Agreed with all this here, but buddy, if you’re still allowing yourself to be disappointed by Wolfpack football, that’s n you for having any sort of positive expectations.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I mean yeah sucks to not score more than 1 but Vasi was incredible. Only allowed 2 goals both PP and the second very soft on Freddie. I don’t read into the first handful of games at all. After like 10 games last year weren’t we last in goals allowed per game or something insane. Still confident this is a playoff team easily. Maybe not a top tier contender like the last several years but a playoff team for sure.

hblueridgegal

We'll bounce back
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Why'd the coach switch up the lines in lieu of the ones that had been practicing together for a while leading up to the game? He bears some of the responsibility for the results from it.

As mentioned over the summer break, this kind of stuff happens less on the team's that are winning the cup and progressing in the playoffs.

Reactions: Rick Davis

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I really am so tired of andersen's soft game costing shit. Start PK for god sake. You dont have to cam ward him and we have to learn to score (and play on the PP) but comeon.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Agreed with all this here, but buddy, if you’re still allowing yourself to be disappointed by Wolfpack football, that’s n you for having any sort of positive expectations.
When it comes to nc state athletics, i've honed my craft over the decades since childhood. I've struck the perfect balance of always expecting to lose, while still being disappointed when it happens. That way i'm almost never happy, as should be expected for a state fan.

Reactions: Dundon Mifflin

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It’s the first game so I’m pretty meh about the loss. I thought Freddie was fine, we only scored one and we aren’t the defensive team we were so I expect more quality chances to go in.

Positives

I liked Ghost and Carrier the most out of the new guys. Both did exactly the things they are good at and seem comfortable/effective right out of the gate. I liked Robinson and the fourth line more than I typically like our fourth line though I wouldn’t say they had chemistry yet. Robinson looked good in the moments he had but with limited minutes and chemistry there’s a lot more to be seen. He drew a penalty off hard work which is what you ask from that role. Walker looked fine but I think can be more of an impact. JR was pretty meh and fit in with Jstaal’s comments about how the top six played. Too fancy without enough to show for it. I noticed JR staying in the middle instead of beating guys to the pucks on the boards or fighting for it.

Of the vets I thought Chat and Burns were very involved and played well. Third line was our best obviously. I liked Svech driving the net, we need that out of him. KK looked a touch quicker but had the same results.

I don’t get the Freddie hate. Two unstoppable pp goals from guys that make tough plays look casual all the time. I wouldn’t have expected better out of Koochie.

ps….during the tragedy I meant to post about how Robinson was one of JG’s pallbearers, I’m glad they mentioned how he grew up with him from an early age. That was a good story about how ER would spend days crashing at their house.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Was at the game last night and expected a bit more from the boys....my sense is that they were about 2 steps off last night. You could see what they were trying to do and guys would get to the right spots at the right time, but the puck would either be late or errant. I thought the 3 best players last night were Carrier, Kotkaniemi (who, in my mind played very well), and Drury. Roslovic looked okay, but he seemed to not have a clear idea as to what his mission was.

Blake looked like the rookie he is, but seemed to get his legs under him in the 3rd. The late hooking call was ticky tacky as shit.

But the real disappointment of the night was Svech. The puck died on his stick except for one 30 second stint (I believe it was in the 3rd). He missed what appeared to be a wide open net and was out of sync no matter who his linemates were.

My sense is Rod needs to give his lines a few games before he breaks them up. Svech and Aho seems to always go through these stretches of looking out of kilter. We need another left shot for the top 2 lines.

Well, those were my thoughts after a disappointing evening of hockey.

I don’t get the Freddie hate. Two unstoppable pp goals from guys that make tough plays look casual all the time. I wouldn’t have expected better out of Koochie.
The second power play goal was an unscreened shot that wasn't particularly "rocketed" and was at glove level. I would have wanted any goal to have gotten that one.

Reactions: Porvari

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Was at the game last night and expected a bit more from the boys....my sense is that they were about 2 steps off last night. You could see what they were trying to do and guys would get to the right spots at the right time, but the puck would either be late or errant. I thought the 3 best players last night were Carrier, Kotkaniemi (who, in my mind played very well), and Drury. Roslovic looked okay, but he seemed to not have a clear idea as to what his mission was.

Blake looked like the rookie he is, but seemed to get his legs under him in the 3rd. The late hooking call was ticky tacky as shit.

But the real disappointment of the night was Svech. The puck died on his stick except for one 30 second stint (I believe it was in the 3rd). He missed what appeared to be a wide open net and was out of sync no matter who his linemates were.

My sense is Rod needs to give his lines a few games before he breaks them up. Svech and Aho seems to always go through these stretches of looking out of kilter. We need another left shot for the top 2 lines.

Well, those were my thoughts after a disappointing evening of hockey.

The second power play goal was an unscreened shot that wasn't particularly "rocketed" and was at glove level. I would have wanted any goal to have gotten that one.
I’m gonna disagree on the goal. I think it was lower than glove level, well placed and you’re under rating the shot of one of the better scorers in NHL history. I think that goes in on just about any goalie in the league and not just on the shot but the quick set up/release. Freddie sucked last year but he also had four months off? He never got in a groove and he’s for sure nearing his finish line in the league. He’s become a scape goat though. Chatfield was responsible for the goal that ended our season - not Freddie though he could’ve been better. Not having Pesce on the goal line for that goal and number of others was a huge part of us losing, I think we’ll feel the loss Pesce defensively more than anyone else including Skjei.

There’s certain things where you struggle to blame the goalie. They had good chances all game and the only ones he let in were two pp goals and I don’t think there was anything he could do about either. It’s a 2-1 game. Losing a game where we blame the goalie when we only score one does not add up for me.

Again, it’s the first game and hardly anything to base the season on. I’m looking forward to seeing better chemistry as we’re going.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
While clearly the canes weren’t in mid-season form last night, it’s comforting to see that many posters are already in mid-season form.

• Love
Reactions: bleedgreen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad