Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
That unreal goal by Perry set up by McDavid, Perry wasn’t actually supposed to be on the ice. Darnell Nurse was supposed to be on the ice because the second unit has 2 dmen on it, so the first forward going off - Nurse is supposed to step on. Nurse recognized what McDavid was doing and yelled down the bench for a forward to step on- and the rest is history. This per Chris Johnston and Ryan Rishaug. Credit to Nurse.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I knew the Hockey Gods were just testing us.

Believeeeeeeeeee Oil Country. They will pull through for us if we have FAITH in McJesus and the Boys.
It's like when you need the line piece in Tetris and you're just keeping that slot on the edge open as Tetris God waits and now we're getting some consecutive line pieces and being rewarded for our faith :D

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Best part of the ATL creeping is seeing SeanPennilessHands trying to make friends with other rival fanbases, including the one that had a player mocking the players on his joke team for missing the playoffs

Like I said earlier today, being a fLames fan is a fate worse than death

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's like when you need the line piece in Tetris and you're just keeping that slot on the edge open as Tetris God waits and now we're getting some consecutive line pieces and being rewarded for our faith :D
for sure. And on a related note. Lol just watched Competitive Tetris the other day on YouTube. Crazy what kids are doing with that game these days.

Thomas Tatar

One way or the other, it’s the final home game at Rogers Friday.

Don’t care how, just win it.
This is the amazing part. We have maximized the number of games in this city. Regardless of outcome, this team has proven so many people wrong. What’s great is that there is no reason we can’t make a similar run next year.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Stressful as hell, but really starting to look like we've turned a corner and figured out how to get past Bob. Wish we would either run him as much as they're running Skinner, or take Bennett's head off though. Insane that the panel didn't even talk about that dirty dirty knee on knee by him on Skinner WELL away from the play. Should be a 3 game suspension at least, but I already know the NHL isn't even going to look at it.
5 and a game if Kane made the exact same play

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
This is the amazing part. We have maximized the number of games in this city. Regardless of outcome, this team has proven so many people wrong. What’s great is that there is no reason we can’t make a similar run next year.

Absolutely. My feeling is that Seravalli is right, a lot of the better support guys will be back and they'll have a shiny new Draisaitl extension as well

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Was Draisaitl hobbling getting into the bench during that uncalled too many men? My buddy said he looked like he couldn't get over the boards and that kinda caused it.

Reactions: McDoused

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Leon is usually his best in game 6s especially at home.

Yessss. And I think we’ll hear from Drai before this series is done. McD has taken over and won games for us, Drai will have his game too. Likely in Game 6, a dominant performance to power us to Game 7.

Connor Brown?
Lol

That unreal goal by Perry set up by McDavid, Perry wasn’t actually supposed to be on the ice. Darnell Nurse was supposed to be on the ice because the second unit has 2 dmen on it, so the first forward going off - Nurse is supposed to step on. Nurse recognized what McDavid was doing and yelled down the bench for a forward to step on- and the rest is history. This per Chris Johnston and Ryan Rishaug. Credit to Nurse.
Crazy. Saw Perry hiding out by by he benches too and the Cats didn’t even catch him coming up on the play. Great read by Nursey and great veteran awareness by Perry.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Give McDavid the cup and the Conn Smythe already!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

giphy.gif
Looks like McDavid's expression after he scored the empty netter.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Disbelief is spreading in Panthers land. Many think it’s over for the Cats.

Next 3 days spread that disbelief anywhere you can. Sow discontent and disbelief. Alts are easy to make on reddit and Twitter btw.

I'm not going to get cocky but it's nice to see their fans show the same doubt and despair we were after being down 3-0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad