Post-Game Talk: 2 Down, 2 To Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Guys I love Evan Bouchard. He has surpassed my expectations, not so much offensively as defensively.

McDavid should win the Conn Smythe unanimously but Bouchard would be a worthy candidate in any other playoffs.

He's found a pretty good balance between his calm demeanor and playoff intensity. He's learned to use that Old Man Strength without any cheap shots.

Trying to figure out who he reminds me of. Maybe Leetch. A bit of Zubov (keeping it in at the blue line). A bit of MacInnis.

Kinibo

Apr 11, 2013
Panthers are really dumb letting this go back to Edmonton.

People were saying the Oilers were choking but not the case. Its the Panthers. I've never seen a club so close to a cup so rattled.
I have a problem with characterizing it this way. Maybe I'm reading into it. The Oilers are figuring this team out and playing with as much heart as you will ever see. The Panthers aren't letting this go back to Edmonton, the Oilers are making it go back to Edmonton. Let's not diminish the accomplishment by making it all about how the other guys are choking this away.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Guys I love Evan Bouchard. He has surpassed my expectations, not so much offensively as defensively.

McDavid should win the Conn Smythe unanimously but Bouchard would be a worthy candidate in any other playoffs.

He's found a pretty good balance between his calm demeanor and playoff intensity. He's learned to use that Old Man Strength without any cheap shots.

Trying to figure out who he reminds me of. Maybe Leetch. A bit of Zubov (keeping it in at the blue line). A bit of MacInnis.
Agreed. Bouchard is part of the core now and probably bumped Nurse out of the core group IMO.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
1000002643.gif

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
They didn’t really use the stretch play this game like they did in game 4. Knob throwing curve balls at Maurice

Takes balls to change things up after it was so successful
Wonder if it has to do with having the last change? I know there are 2 ways to counter that set-up: one is to always make sure to keep a man back to ensure that the lane is covered. This forces your forecheck to be weaker, which is why I suspect Knobs used this tactic in game 4. The other way is to just commit even harder on your forecheck and potentially accept the risks as in theory you'll have better o zone pressure. I fully expected the Cats to adjust that way honestly as they have the wiggle room to exchange chances with us and try capitalize on our mistakes.

We saw a bit of the stretch pass breakouts, but I think the first half of the game the Panthers were playing 2 man back to control it. Once Oilers got the 3 goal lead, they started pressing very hard and boxing us in.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I have a problem with characterizing it this way. Maybe I'm reading into it. The Oilers are figuring this team out and playing with as much heart as you will ever see. The Panthers aren't letting this go back to Edmonton, the Oilers are making it go back to Edmonton. Let's not diminish the accomplishment by making it all about how the other guys are choking this away.
Wasn't what I meant. thanks for the feedback.

I can hardly type or express words after that game. I'm like shaking...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad