GDT: #2 Devils vs Flyers: Can We Get An Encore

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
When are people going to learn that "plays like a Flyer" means playoff disappointments, losing your cool in big moments, and getting suspended for careless play.... It's not a good thing if a prospect "plays like a Flyer"

Oroku Saki*

Why would Pete tinker with the line up when we played a solid all around game?

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Our forecheck gave the Flyers all they can handle, lets up it continues. Ted played ok last game but needs to finish, he had his chances last game and I really liked the kid Matteau, didn't look out of place and if he gets better, why should he be sent down?

Also looks like Detroit and LA need defense, Lou make it happen. Lets Go Devs.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
When Tallinder nets us a solid winger, you'll be thankful for Larsson sitting :D

Seriously though, a spot should open up sooner rather than later. I don't doubt that it will.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Ya I don't expect him to change the lineup coming off wins either. But I dunno if I'd call that game too sharp or anything, although with a week of training camp the majority of teams are going to look rough around the edges.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Why would Pete tinker with the line up when we played a solid all around game?

Because it was the Islanders and we should insert our 3rd/4th best d-men over our #6/#7 against a stronger team like Philly?

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
Lou has to be showcasing the Defense right now hopefully someone bites and we have Larsson's roster spot open but until then putting Larsson in the press box is not acceptable.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

You showcase youngsters that are brought up from the minors, not veterans who've been playing in the league for over 8 years. Other Gm's are aware of Tallinder and Volchenkov's game... outside of Gainey and Waddel but both of those clowns aren't around anymore.

Oroku Saki*

Because it was the Islanders and we should insert our 3rd/4th best d-men over our #6/#7 against a stronger team like Philly?

It doesn't matter that it was the Islanders. A win is a win. You don't mess with the line-up right after one as well. Volchenkov had some of his best games against the Flyers and you want that toughness on the back-end against a team like Philly.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
DeBoer on E. Conference banner being up: "I think you know my boss. I don't think there are any parades for second place."

It's like the guy has been here for years. Fell in line with Lou immediately.
Hopefully that speaks better of his fate than previous coaches.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

It doesn't matter that it was the Islanders. A win is a win. You don't mess with the line-up right after one as well. Volchenkov had some of his best games against the Flyers and you want that toughness on the back-end against a team like Philly.

For once, I wasn't talking about Volchenkov... but it's nice to see that my #6/#7 comment made you think about him :sarcasm:

Oroku Saki*

For once, I wasn't talking about Volchenkov... but it's nice to see that my #6/#7 comment made you think about him :sarcasm:

The #6/7 is your opinion and you're entitled to that. Larsson will get in the line up soon but it won't happen after a win and a solid defensive showing.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
The overall team D was far from solid last game. Turnovers galore and people running around like ants in a fire.

Oroku Saki*

The overall team D was far from solid last game. Turnovers galore and people running around like ants in a fire.

19 shots against? 1 goal against. Considering how rusty everyone was, they were solid. Greene looked lost on the one goal but that was about it taking into consideration it was their first game.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Gervais is in for Foster.

Smart move from Laviolette... get the pylon out of the lineup and insert a faster d-men.

The game now a days is all about speed. Kovalchuk, Tedenby, Josefons, Zubrus, Janssen, etc would've drove Foster crazy coming down his side.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
19 shots against? 1 goal against. Considering how rusty everyone was, they were solid. Greene looked lost on the one goal but that was about it taking into consideration it was their first game.

And the other team wasn't rusty?

I'm not saying Volchenkov was bad so don't worry bout yo boy, but I have higher standards when using the word "solid"

and I like Janssen in actually. Might as well throw in a good that will just go around trying to truck people if you're gonna play one. Imagine a line of Janssen, Bernier, Matteau. Love

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The #6/7 is your opinion and you're entitled to that. Larsson will get in the line up soon but it won't happen after a win and a solid defensive showing.

19 shots against? 1 goal against. Considering how rusty everyone was, they were solid.

Solid defensive showing? C'mon now, I know we won the game but sometimes you win ugly games and something you lose games you've outplayed your opponent.

We played the Islanders and our overall defensive game wasn't all that great. We did surender 19 shots but that doesn't take away the fact that we had multiple turnovers and faced a team that has one good player to worry about.

Philly is a different beast all together. If we surrender 19 shots against Philly and minimise the turnovers, I'll call that "solid".

Oroku Saki*

Giving up one goal is "solid" in my book. You're acting like I said they were great. They shut Tavares down all night and besides a few lapses, the defense was fine. All things considered they were acceptable.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Solid defensive showing? C'mon now, I know we won the game but sometimes you win ugly games and something you lose games you've outplayed your opponent.

We played the Islanders and our overall defensive game wasn't all that great. We did surender 19 shots but that doesn't take away the fact that we had multiple turnovers and faced a team that has one good player to worry about.

Philly is a different beast all together. If we surrender 19 shots against Philly and minimise the turnovers, I'll call that "solid".
I was at the game and our defense was great at stepping up at our blue line. We completely shutdown the Tavares line all night and rarely got stuck in our own for too long and the only goal was just a mental breakdown. They were very solid for the first game.

Oroku Saki*

Larsson: "I don't think we'd change the lineup when we win games. I think it's a good thing even if I'm out. ..."

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Giving up one goal is "solid" in my book. You're acting like I said they were great. They shut Tavares down all night and besides a few lapses, the defense was fine. All things considered they were acceptable.

Being "fine" and "acceptable" against the Islanders will get you the result we got... not against a team like Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston, etc. and that's why I said we needed a better performance then what we saw 2 days ago.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Larsson: "I don't think we'd change the lineup when we win games. I think it's a good thing even if I'm out. ..."

I'm shocked... I was certain he'd start flaming Lou and DeBoer :sarcasm:

What else do you want the poor kid to say, the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad