GDT: #2 Devils vs Flyers: Can We Get An Encore

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Ha I wish they were all 7:30pm. Or at least split the start times between 7 and 7:30 so people who don't work around the corner can actually make some games on time. Weekdays are not much of a family draw anyhow so they can go a bit later.

7:30 sucks for those of us who's alarm goes off at 5am, but tonight I'm cool with it!

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I believe it's because it's on NBC Sports.

And for the record I hate 7:30 starts, don't know why because it's only 30 minutes but it throws the kids off the next day

I liked them because of the traffic going into the games (21 south) is a little better. Not going to today's game.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
I know haha. One of my best buds is a Flyer fan... he lives in Berwyn PA and has a house like a castle. It's just a fun jab to take at you guys!

Didn't mean to sound snappy if I did when I responded.

That's actually funny considering PA has the Castle Law.

I enjoy being up here, even with most of my friends being Devils/Rangers fans. Pain in my ass to get to a Flyers game in Philly but you take the good and the bad. Also, when the Flyers do beat the Devils, I have a LOT of people to brag to :)

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
I'm sure they exist, but I've seen very few over the years myself. More Rags fans than Devils fans, sadly enough. I wish this team's success unified the state, but if it hasn't now, it probably never will.

I think a large part of it is location. If the Devils built an arena in Trenton, you'd probably increase your fanbase in South Jersey. Fact is generally no one wants to drive to Newark from say Cherry Hill when you can make it to Philly in 15 minutes. So at that part, Philly sports invades South Jersey.

Your ring of influence is focused more up north, so you guys generally become a North Jersey team.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
I'm sure they exist, but I've seen very few over the years myself. More Rags fans than Devils fans, sadly enough. I wish this team's success unified the state, but if it hasn't now, it probably never will.

South Jersey will always be full of Flyers fans. It's geography. The same way NE Indiana is full of Chicago Bears fans and SE Illinois full of St. Louis fans. The goal should be solidifying North and Central Jersey as undisputed Devils country, free from Rags fans. This might actually happen within the next 20 years as more new hockey families start Devils traditions and older Rangers families move away/become disengaged.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
I think a large part of it is location. If the Devils built an arena in Trenton, you'd probably increase your fanbase in South Jersey. Fact is generally no one wants to drive to Newark from say Cherry Hill when you can make it to Philly in 15 minutes. So at that part, Philly sports invades South Jersey.

Yeah, it's an hour from 7A and 8 to the Rock, so exit 4's going to be quite the trek.

But Toms River is Rags+Devs country and it's 75 miles from the Garden.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
MartyOwns - I love you and you are a genius

i dont know who you are. I don’t know what you want. if youre looking for money, I can tell you I don’t have any. what I do have is a very particular set of skills. skills that make you love me for some reason. so, right back atcha, slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad