Post-Game Talk: 2.9.16 - Ovechkin & Co @ Preds "We saved our liver" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
One random thing I noticed last night....there were more Caps fans than I was expecting, and I understand they're rolling right now so that may bring out a few who wouldn't always go to the game but.....when the Hawks wagon rolls to town you don't see a lot of different jerseys. You see a lot of Kane, Toews and Hossa and that's about it. Last night I saw a lot of different Caps jerseys. Ovechkin, Holtby, Oshie, Backstrom, Carlson, old school jerseys from the 80s and 90s, etc. I even saw an authentic Karl Alzner one. Just seemed like less of a bandwagon fan base to me, even though there were a lot of them there. Seemed like they were genuinely caring about the game.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I like Wilson's game, but he's a playmaker, he needs someone to finish. Fisher and Smith aren't that guy this year and both he and Forsberg are better on the left side. I'd like Wilson back up on the first line.

Agreed, they were finally starting to gel, before he got hurt and now we've scored 9 goals in 2 games and Johansen with Jarnkrok & Neal, so it may be tough to get him back up there along with Johansen really liking Jarnkrok... things that make you go hhhmmm

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
One random thing I noticed last night....there were more Caps fans than I was expecting, and I understand they're rolling right now so that may bring out a few who wouldn't always go to the game but.....when the Hawks wagon rolls to town you don't see a lot of different jerseys. You see a lot of Kane, Toews and Hossa and that's about it. Last night I saw a lot of different Caps jerseys. Ovechkin, Holtby, Oshie, Backstrom, Carlson, old school jerseys from the 80s and 90s, etc. I even saw an authentic Karl Alzner one. Just seemed like less of a bandwagon fan base to me, even though there were a lot of them there. Seemed like they were genuinely caring about the game.

We have 2 contractors who work with us but live out of state. They work here during the week (stay in the Sheraton), then fly home on the weekends. They are Caps fans from Florida and they were there last night.

We also had a drunken fool sitting above the stairs in the section next to us. He was worse than alot of Hawks fans. As soon as Ovi scored the empty netter. He started screaming all kinds of crap at us.

Oh and I think the team took your New Orleans thing to heart as they were promoting Fat Tuesday pretty well last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad