Post-Game Talk: 2/5/14: Crow > Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
No reason to sit Bickell. Two strong games in a row after being motivated by being benched isn't the right move or the likely move. Chances are, Pirri sits again.

Kane won't play because he's going to his grandfather's funeral.

So all of Bickell, Zus and Pirri will play.

SLarmer28*

No reason to sit Bickell. Two strong games in a row after being motivated by being benched isn't the right move or the likely move. Chances are, Pirri sits again.
Kane will not dress for the Phoenix Coyotes game, so the Blackhawks will be down to twelve forwards. Unless, that is, you want to see Kostka play right wing again?

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
This team will do some serious damage with anothet center in the mix. It's obvious Handzus blows is most facets of the game and Pirri isn't doing enough. Pirri is a much better option than 'Zus other than the PK, but we should be looking for a defensively-sound center that can play decent/respectable in the top-six.

I feel as though a trade is coming or that TT will be brought in late like Kruger was in 2011.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Kane won't play because he's going to his grandfather's funeral.

So all of Bickell, Zus and Pirri will play.

Kane will not dress for the Phoenix Coyotes game, so the Blackhawks will be down to twelve forwards. Unless, that is, you want to see Kostka play right wing again?

Good call, you two. Forgot about the funeral.

:(

Well, under normal circumstances, Pirri is a better option than Handzus, but that's not saying much. Stan has made a deal every year as GM before the TD. He got Johnsson (and Leddy) in 2010, Frolik and Campoli in 2011, Oduya in 2012, and Handzus last year. With pretty much only one urgent need and a real nice player like Goc in Florida with a familiar trade partner at helm as GM in the Sunshine State, I'd almost be shocked if he doesn't become a Hawk. A team like Carolina will also be all over Goc.

SLarmer28*

Well, under normal circumstances, Pirri is a better option than Handzus, but that's not saying much. Stan has made a deal every year as GM before the TD. He got Johnsson (and Leddy) in 2010, Frolik and Campoli in 2011, Oduya in 2012, and Handzus last year. With pretty much only one urgent need and a real nice player like Goc in Florida with a familiar trade partner at helm as GM in the Sunshine State, I'd almost be shocked if he doesn't become a Hawk. A team like Carolina will also be all over Goc.
You forgot Brendan Morrison in 2012, however that is understandable.

Hopefully, Carolina resurrects Matt Cullen from the Nashville Predators for ole times' sake.

tavares91fan

Jan 27, 2014
I was there tonight sporting my Ed Belfour jersey, it was 40 percent hawks fans, lets go blackhawks chants were in full effect tonight. Defense played lights out tonight, Crawford was on his game, Ducks had chances but Crawford was ready for it. JTs late 3rd period goal was a laser, Hiller was completely caught off guard

zac

Apr 29, 2009
PP is sloppy. More evidence that a good PK is worth so much more than a good PP.

Our passing is horrific and tonight it was hampering our offense AND our defense. Aside from the Hjalmarsson turnovers (he has a really bad game tonight), our bad passing led to a lot of transition for Anaheim. Luckily we were able to get back or make a nice play to thwart most of them, but there were several times our Mickey Mouse drop back passes and laser centering passes (with the forwards near the red line) put us in a lot of trouble. It was those same ridiculous drop back passes that often killed our PP tonight. We made 2 nice passes on the goals and there were a couple of nice stretch passes but that was about it.

The PK on the other hand was fantastic. Outside of some easy mis-clears, you couldn't ask for a better performance. Our pursuit was very good and that was one of the best games up the middle (in front of our net) that we've played all year. Virtually every puck in front of Crawford was taken care of, as in immediately cleared. Great job by the boys tonight.

If you would have told me we were to yield a lengthy 5 on 3, a double minor, AND give Brookbank significant PK time I wouldn't have thought a shutout was possible.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Why is Roszival on the 1st unit power play again during the 3rd period? I thought Q realized how stupid of an idea that was last time.

I'd rather have Rozy out there than Keith to be honest. But when you have Leddy (#1) and Seabrook/Hammer (2a/2b) why put Rozy out there?

It still wasn't as bad as Q putting Brooky on the 2nd PK unit. Brookbank should never play on Special Teams units. Ever!

zac

Apr 29, 2009
This is the first game this year where the hawks reminded me of last years team. Great PK. Awesome team D. Stellar Crawford. Bickel looking better making plays and winning battles. Toews with a huge goal.

The LA game was more fundamentally sound, but this game was pretty good. Though we did a great job of mitigating the quality of the shots, Anaheim did have some quality chances. But when you play REALLY well up the middle (GT and in front of the net) you prevent a lot of goals in the process. We did that tonight.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
So not sure if you guys were aware, but there was a full blown brawl at the game tonight with around 20 or so people involved. Not cool, or representative of either fan base. :shakehead

Soooooo as soon as the puck dropped some chi fan behind me with his 3 other friends (ages around 24ish all under 185 pounds) started yelling drunk'n obscenities, loud and very often. The loudest of the bunch was the 1 Chicago fan, accompanied by 1 duck fan and 2 neutral fans that were there just there to drink.

The Chicago fan was just out of control by the 2nd period and right on cue with the. " I'm gunna have to fight a ducks fan tonight," he had looked like he was operating on something other than booze, my guess is pills. This was nothing unusual for my section, it's lower bowl, visitors shoot twice side of the arena and it's usually flooded by opposing fans that over drink because they went "all out " for a nice ticket. It is also my understanding that if you constantly yell "ducks Effing suck 25 times in a row, somebody is going to chirp u back pretty hard... And that's when things heated up....

I started hearing the group of jabroni's try to calm the chi fan down, but he wasn't having it, "I don't give a *bleep*" ...."he's gonna get it, get my back".... From what I gather, right after Bekeskey ran Crawford the boys behind me immediately started throwing blows on the ENTIRE ROW behind them...
The hooligans began swinging on everyone trying to break up the fight, hawks fans, ducks fans both old and young it was utter chaos.

I personally didn't think much of the fight in the beginning. These guys weren't very big and they were all wasted, but I heavily underestimated them because they were teeing off on people that couldn't defend themselves at all. This poor 21yr old ducks fan had a horrible gash above his eye by an absolute haymaker from one of the "neutral" fans and a usher that came in to break it up suffered a cataclysmic right cross to the jaw and immediately fell to the ground.

Soon after a few people were badly hurt and it looked like half the section was losing to these 4 guys, the "secondary entertainment" feel of the fight quickly turned into one of terror. I can't emphasize enough how many cheep shots these guys were taking on random helpless people, haymaker after haymaker on fans that didn't even have their hands up in defense and their faces immediately swelled up by the shots they took, you could actually see the knuckle marks where they were hit. Like I said blood was everywhere and the group continued to fight all the way up to the top of the stairs before the cops came , which was just about at the end of the pp for Chicago. More than enough time to cause a bunch of carnage, ruin about 20 people's nights and cause serious physical and emotional damage to about 10 others.

and here is some video from it.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I love Andrew Shaw. However, the penalties he takes around 200 feet from our net are getting old fast.

Sometimes he's a victim of reputation, but he puts himself in position to get penalties WAY more than he should. The hooking call he received was kind of bogus as the opposing player smartly pinned his stick under his arm, but that doesn't change the fact that Shaw can't keep doing that ****. Most of is turnovers are either away from the play and if they are they are usually in seemingly innocuous situations (we back, the puck is away from the net, etc.). Thankfully the PK came up huge tonight but it's a tall order to expect them to keep cleaning up after Shaw's messes.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
So not sure if you guys were aware, but there was a full blown brawl at the game tonight with around 20 or so people involved. Not cool, or representative of either fan base. :shakehead

That's too bad and shouldn't happen anywhere. I hope the responsible parties spends several months in jail and get sued so that they don't have a pot to piss in.

SLarmer28*

No he's not. Stats don't indicate how many of Oduya's turnovers are of the "OMG, WTF are you doing?" variety, of which he easily leads the team in.
You want to complain about turnovers? How about two Patrick Sharp turnovers on the power play that led to two shorthanded goals on this current road trip?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Hawks with 22 blocked shots last night, Hammer with 6. The d men were also outstanding and deflecting passes and controling the frint of the net on the PK. Great effort across the board by the defensemen, especially Seabrook and Hammer.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I have a seriously hard time believing four guys all of which were under 185 ran rough shod over an entire section of people. Unless it was grandma/grand kid night, it just doesn't happen. And fighting up a row is a good way to get your ass knocked down several, as I've seen on multiple occasions.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
I never understood violence in the stands of a sporting events. Stupid monkey mentality.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Getting really tired of reading this stuff every week or so.

Glad to see the Hawks turn it up against a great team.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Never thought CC could get a shutout...kept waiting for a softy to go in..but he was a wall and docked the ship...Hopefully he plays this way right through the playoffs..As for the PK...glad it has been coming around...because we will need that in the playogfs.. Still the old adage holds true...your goalie has to be your brst PKer...but it helps when our PK guys in front of him play focused and mote urgently pressure to get and clear loose pucks and block sjots..still while we fid get to some loose pucks better, we still had too many poor clearing attempts..pick that aspect up better and our PK will be that much more difficult for opposing teams to beat. Cc.and better clears are the keys to getting the PK to elite level status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark