Post-Game Talk: 2/2/16 7:00 PM - St. Louis at Smashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Social D leading us out of the break.

Pekka shaking off the girlfriend funk: Take away this ball and chain.
James Neal, scoring goals: Story of my life
Shea Weber, cracking heads against the glass: Bad Luck (you got a nasty disposition nobody really knows the reason why)

It's not the Sex Pistols or the Clash but, hey, you can't all be that old.:yo:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
We're barely hanging on to the last WC spot (COL has 2 more GP though). Regardless, the season is bifurcated into pre- and post- All Star / Olympic breaks; there seems a be a real psychological impact associated with that break if you track teams' performance before and after across seasons.

In short, we have a chance to reset, pull out the cartridge, blow on it a few times, and put it back in. Next few games will set the tone for the rest of the season and a W over the Blues is a great way to get it started. Go Perds!

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
I'm extremely fired up for this weeks' games...and it helps that I have tickets to all three. I'm so ready for tonight...I hope the team is and the fans are! Ready to bring it!!!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The Blues haven't played in 9 days. If they're ever gonna be flat it'll be tonight.

Hopefully the crowd won't suffer because of the post-ASW hangover/bad weather coming through tonight.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The Blues haven't played in 9 days. If they're ever gonna be flat it'll be tonight.

Hopefully the crowd won't suffer because of the post-ASW hangover/bad weather coming through tonight.

And Nashville hasn't played in 6. Not much difference.

I do however expect the crowd to be down for many reasons tonight though.

As you said:
1) Post ASG,
2) Terrible weather at game time

and forgotten point

3) It's a Tuesday night.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Forsberg - Johansen - Neal
Every - One - Else
Who - Can - Put On
A Pair - Of - Skates

:handclap::handclap::handclap:
Unfortunately that's about the size of it. Not hard to see which line is going to get the best defense match-ups here

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Those lines.. brutal. Vesey and Wilson would jazz up that lineup but still.. we need a middle 6 F and fast but we don't really have assets to acquire that. I still think we don't want to give up our 1st, we're not a contender this year. Not even sure if we are a playoff team.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Every - One - Else
Who - Can - Put On
A Pair - Of - Skates

So you come off the ASG high, you get pumped for a "Yuge" game tonight, then you look at the lines and go, "Who stole our guys?" This is the best we have??

Reminds of that great baseball line about a 5 man pitching staff with 1 ace and 4 losers: "Our pitching staff is Ace and 4 days of rain."

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
I've got 1 ticket in the lower bowl if someone wants to meet me out front before the game.

I'd hate for a good seat to go to waste.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Loved this is Friedman's 30 thoughts:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-all-eyes-on-dennis-wideman-hearing/

We’re snobbish about our hockey in Canada, and when the NHL went to Tennessee, no one could believe it. For years, we counted the days until they would move. No one’s worrying about that anymore. Without the NHL, I never would have gone to Nashville and learned what a fantastic city it is — alive, exciting, friendly and entertaining. That said, I don’t understand how a young, single player gets more than two points in 40 games.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Lol...The Blues are always flat.

Here's our lines
Pääjärvi Stastny Tarasenko
Berglund Steen Backes
Fabbri Lehtera Brouwer
Upshall Brodziak Jaskin

Boumeester Pietrangelo
Edmundson Shattenkirk
Gunnarsson Parayko

Elliott
Copley

Last edited:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Every - One - Else
Who - Can - Put On
A Pair - Of - Skates

remembers me the Chinese crew of a fallen plane :
captain : Sum Tin Wong
Wi Tu Lo
Ho Lee F u k
Bang Ding Ow

Whatever ... we win this one 3-2. EN by my prefered forward line :
Who - shoots - ThePuck

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
remembers me the Chinese crew of a fallen plane :
captain : Sum Tin Wong
Wi Tu Lo
Ho Lee F u k
Bang Ding Ow

Whatever ... we win this one 3-2. EN by my prefered forward line :
Who - shoots - ThePuck

:laugh::laugh: I like your line-up better.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad