Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What would it cost to re-sign him?

Currently, $2.75mm.
30 years old

Brodie finished, Edmundson too much $, Giordano years past bbd.
I'd like to see him re-signed but I'm betting he goes back to the West Coast.

Reactions: wingman75

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
We need Max Domi to resign long term IMO. This is a dude who clearly gets it. Thrust into a role that he is not fit for last night, and has arguably his best game of the year. He's been a rock for us for several months now after a shaky start, but what I love the most is his mindset. He is built for the bright lights of Toronto. After every game this series, win or loss, he is always talking to the media despite not having a letter on his jersey. He never lets the narrative get spun too high or too low, and is always quick to remind the media that the focus is the next game. Meanwhile you got space cadet Keefe standing at the podium and clearly enjoying this win more than he should be. We are still down 3-2. We are not afforded the luxury of enjoying anything at this point.

Tip of the cap to Max, who is leading by example.

Please resign

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He was in Arizona, then Toronto, Buffalo, California, now Toronto.

Just 55 games in California.

Who knows, but yes, he'll have lots of options.

He's played his best hockey in Toronto. And they make the playoffs. Sometimes a good situation makes sense. But maybe he wants money and he'll go wherever the money is. I think the Leafs can give him a solid 2-3 year deal around 2M or so, and that's probably the most he's worth. If he wants more and gets more, then good for him.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

It's his destiny to be a Leaf. He likely would've been one a while ago if we didn't have a Care Bear GM for years

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Very impressed with our D this series. Is this the best core 4 era D we have had??

If our D stays steady like this and Woll continues to be strong, they cannot stop us. Leafs in 7.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Didn't he go out West for the birth of his child? I figured that meant they were settled in there.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
What would it cost to re-sign him?

Currently, $2.75mm.
30 years old

Brodie finished, Edmundson too much $, Giordano years past bbd.
I'd say give him 3M x 3; Kevyn Adams signed him to his longest contract (i.e. 2 years). Three would be a raise and sign of good faith.

He's only on the plus side as a Leaf interestingly enough.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Watching Keefe's presser really pisses me off - still going on about how good Samsonov is.

This series might be tied if he was smart enough to put woll in game after game 1 or game 3.
Almost everything he says is in some way tone deaf or just completely off point

Reactions: yubbers

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Not even going to read a single post in these threads. Too much boo hoo'ing for my liking.

I'm holding firm I will see everyone in the round 2 thread.

Bye again don't @ me
Don't tell me what to do. Lol

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Very impressed with our D this series. Is this the best core 4 era D we have had??

If our D stays steady like this and Woll continues to be strong, they cannot stop us. Leafs in 7.

I haven’t been overly impressed with anyone. The pessimist (or realist?) in me says that we still struggled to put down a Boston team clearly off their game. But we did look the better group for most of that game other than a few shifts which thankfully didn’t hurt us. I say stick with Woll G6.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Wtf this, homeless encampment poop. Mitchy is privileged as are most players.
Homeless encampment are a political, economic, and suffering issue. None of which Mitchy in his Yukon and Muskoka water skis outfit would know anything about. You need to change the flavor of kool-aid. Your ranting to great Leaf fans is getting old.
Lol.

Reactions: therealkoho

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Watching Keefe's presser really pisses me off - still going on about how good Samsonov is.

This series might be tied if he was smart enough to put woll in game after game 1 or game 3.
Keefe's a big reason they're in the hole they're in, and I fully expect that if they lose this series, it'll be because Keefe did something monumentally stupid for no reason...

Pick one:
  • He'll start Sammy again even though Woll's hot and Sammy's not right now.
  • He'll force T.J. Brodie back into the lineup just because "good veteran".
  • He'll switch the lines back to Game 4 when Matthews gets back, pretending that they were fine in Game 4.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
By real fan you mean only the ones that drink the Kool-aid.
Some Leafs last night actual played like it mattered. JT dud not circle back, Knies as he did many times was going to the net through anyone who may try to stop him, Holmberg showed sincere pride, desire and drive like no one had. And Woll stood tall.
What is not to like. No whining or sniveling or throwing gloves like a bantam.
The display last night showed manhood by many.
I was not proud of MY TEAM in game 1 to 4. If game 6 is like 5 I will be happy, if they revert back Blow them up.
F.... you and your poop of love at all costs.
I am as much a real fan for 7 decades as you. Trading Lanny McDonakd for spite was still stupid and I hated the Leaf management for that. I was still a fan.
I hate the Leaf management today for keeping Mitchy and allowing him to have influence like a child. When Babs was fired for good reasons but as a result of his comments, he should have been traded to bring an end.
I am a REAL fan who wants a cup after 56 yrs. Not a kool-aid drinker.
:clap::clap::clap:

• Haha
Reactions: therealkoho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad