Value of: 1st Line RW to Calgary.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm Treliving, I try to get Jesper Bratt from NJ.
I like Bratt a lot. If guessing NJ does too though. They were trying all offseason to get an impact winger. I really doubt they trade the one they have unless he won't sign long term.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
It probably makes more sense to wait and see for a team with that much chang in the offseason. Wingers are available at the deadline and the team will have a good idea about what is needed. Alhough it would be for the best if the Flames would trip and fall on their face.... so ya make a trade now.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Puljujarvi + 2023 1st for Hanifin

Puljujarvi can’t score much but he’s actually good on the forecheck
Puljujarvi actually would be a good fit for the Flame's top line. They don't necessarily need an offensive dynamo. Just a guy who will dig out the puck in the defensive zone and retrieve it on the forecheck.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Start with Mangiapane Hanifin Vladar and a 1st for Bratt Graves and Vanecek and maybe add more.
That's a bit over the top. You want a 2 way 35 goal winger, a top pairing defenseman, a young future starter, a 1st and to throw 2 cap dumps at us?

I get you don't want to move him. I wouldn't either but you're asking for a pretty crazy package.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
That's a bit over the top. You want a 2 way 35 goal winger, a top pairing defenseman, a young future starter, a 1st and to throw 2 cap dumps at us?

I get you don't want to move him. I wouldn't either but you're asking for a pretty crazy package.
Graves isn't a cap dump. It's a one year contract at a reasonable cap hit, and he would be the best LHD on the Flames (if Hanifin is traded out).

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Puljujarvi actually would be a good fit for the Flame's top line. They don't necessarily need an offensive dynamo. Just a guy who will dig out the puck in the defensive zone and retrieve it on the forecheck.
Puljujarvi would not be a good fit. He'd maybe be a good fit on the 3rd line spot occupied by Lewis. He's known as the "playkiller" in the Oilers locker room. He's also a 1M player making 3M. Oilers offered him around the league for a mid round pick according to Seravelli and there were no takers.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Graves isn't a cap dump. It's a one year contract at a reasonable cap hit, and he would be the best LHD on the Flames (if Hanifin is traded out).
No he wouldn't be. He's very similar to Z and we don't need 2 of Z. Kylington is our best LHD after Hanifin and Weegar prefers the left side. The Flames don't need more D. Graves is a cap dump for us. Our weakness is 1RW and 3RW. We could delete any D from our roster and still have a top 10 group.

I get that Graves is a useful player, but he's not for us. For us he's a cap dump.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
We’re due for another Leafs-Flames blockbuster that will be massively disappointing for both teams aren’t we? Been well over a decade now.

Reactions: viper0220

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
We’re due for another Leafs-Flames blockbuster that will be massively disappointing for both teams aren’t we? Been well over a decade now.
Marner, Engvall and Sandin for Andersson, Mangiapane and Toffoli. Cap is roughly equal. Maybe somebody is adding picks and prospects but it works in terms of the NHL players involved and the salary cap.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don't think the Leafs were disappointed with either of those trades. There was the one Kadri blocked too that would have been pretty big. Jankowski and Brodie for Kadri and someone I can't remember. We finally would have won a trade with the Leafs.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Puljujarvi would not be a good fit. He'd maybe be a good fit on the 3rd line spot occupied by Lewis. He's known as the "playkiller" in the Oilers locker room. He's also a 1M player making 3M. Oilers offered him around the league for a mid round pick according to Seravelli and there were no takers.
Any sources on the locker room calling him the playkiller? Like legit sources?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Marner, Engvall and Sandin for Andersson, Mangiapane and Toffoli. Cap is roughly equal. Maybe somebody is adding picks and prospects but it works in terms of the NHL players involved and the salary cap.
Woof. Mangiapane and Andersson aren't available full stop. Toffoli for Engvall is something I'd consider.

Any sources on the locker room calling him the playkiller? Like legit sources?
Google search is quicker than the message you just typed. Tons of Oilers beat reporters have reported it.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Woof. Mangiapane and Andersson aren't available full stop. Toffoli for Engvall is something I'd consider.

Google search is quicker than the message you just typed. Tons of Oilers beat reporters have reported it.
I see one article written by Mark Spector, who is a total f***in goomba and has been writing hit pieces on JP for a long time.

Don't see a ton of other writers stating this. I don't see any, actually.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Arvidsson for Hanifin could be a neat foundation for a deal that improves both teams. LA would add of course.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Arvidsson for Hanifin could be a neat foundation for a deal that improves both teams. LA would add of course.
Hanifin is a #2/3 guy generally and the a top 4 guy on a stacked Calgary blueline. Moving him for a non-elite winger and other pieces isn't the kind of move a team trying to push for a cup should be making. That makes them worse this year, which is what matters to them. This is even more true when you realize how often Tanev gets injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad