19,125 pack TD Garden for the first WNBA game ever in Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Hutch you are out of your element don’t compare G league to WNBA one is awesome and the other straight trash. Minor league basketball isn’t popular people watch college instead. Women’s NBA is popular the ratings and attendance are exploding. Did I miss something where the Sun played the Fever or Aces? No they played a bad team and it still sold out. Frankly I’m offended that you think Boston fans are sexist and wouldnt support the league.
false, who owns the G-League franchise in Portland, Brad...... who is also part of any proposed transfer of the Celtics franchise from the current ownership to any potential new ownership that broke in the last several months, frankly, I'm offended that you continue to hype the WNBA, when it's a one off.... show the forum who is a prospective owner of a WNBA BOSTON franchise and answer where would they play in Boston. when the focus is on the NBA G League in all 30 NBA Markets, yes, the outsider is Capitanes now that the league has shuttered G-League Ignite, which was based in Henderson, NV

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I disagree completely.
again, a WNBA Boston Team faces the same logistical issues as the NWSL Breakers and the MLS Revolution or even the PWHL Boston franchise, who, as we've seen from their threads haven't completed a solution to either leave metro Boston/Foxboro for something closer to Boston.... it might be that the way the city of Boston is laid out logistically..... that's why you've seen Everett being brought up and the logistics in and around that.... Portland has the same issues with it being a peninsula, and the way the city is layed out logistically, which is why Cross is downtown, but the other stadiums like Hadlock/Fitzpatrick/Troubh Ice Arena and the Expo are in a different section of the city

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
again, a WNBA Boston Team faces the same logistical issues as the NWSL Breakers and the MLS Revolution or even the PWHL Boston franchise, who, as we've seen from their threads haven't completed a solution to either leave metro Boston/Foxboro for something closer to Boston.... it might be that the way the city of Boston is laid out logistically..... that's why you've seen Everett being brought up and the logistics in and around that.... Portland has the same issues with it being a peninsula, and the way the city is layed out logistically, which is why Cross is downtown, but the other stadiums like Hadlock/Fitzpatrick/Troubh Ice Arena and the Expo are in a different section of the city
Logistics/Logistical/Logistically

1724347730938.png

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
WNBA wouldn't last in Boston long term, attendance would decline sharply after the novelty wore off.
Decline from what selling out season tickets in a matter of hours? Ok so a few people don’t show up midweek. People who went Tuesday vs a bad team were there as a novelty and not potential die hard fans? Give me a break.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Decline from what selling out season tickets in a matter of hours? Ok so a few people don’t show up midweek. People who went Tuesday vs a bad team were there as a novelty and not potential die hard fans? Give me a break.
again, Brad, who owns them.... it doesn't appear Delaware North is interested even if the Celtics vacate the Garden for another venue

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
again, Brad, who owns them.... it doesn't appear Delaware North is interested even if the Celtics vacate the Garden for another venue

In the past it probably wasn’t worth anyone exploring an extortionate lease with Jeremy. Now the WNBA is exploding the situation is different. If he gives the owners the deal the Celtics have and doesn’t try to screw them we might get a team.

Maybe he wants to get back to his roots and will buy into Mohegan? Who knows.

Jacobs hates us so he may block it out of spite. Wish he bought the Bills and got lost.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017

There is a reason why the WNBA has never turned a profit.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
There is a reason why the WNBA has never turned a profit.
Until now.

They have Caitlin Clark. And SHE is bringing the fans and eyes to not just her team, but others. Look at the numbers. Look at the eyes. People are watching games now. It's exciting. The young talent is infusing a jolt unlike I've ever seen. It's much needed. And it's only going to get better.

Bueckers and Juju next year will bring it as well. The league is in a youth overhaul and it's exciting.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
WNBA wouldn't last in Boston long term, attendance would decline sharply after the novelty wore off.
Pretty much. No one wants to say it but it's pretty much all Caitlin. And after the third or fourth time Indiana comes through each market ticket sales will plateau. And even after all the astroturfing ESPN has done, NCAA women's ratings are going to crash down to earth next year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Pretty much. No one wants to say it but it's pretty much all Caitlin. And after the third or fourth time Indiana comes through each market ticket sales will plateau. And even after all the astroturfing ESPN has done, NCAA women's ratings are going to crash down to earth next year.
Your right. It was a gimmick the 19000 people who went aren't real fans and just showed up because it was a gimmick and ESPN told them to. They should all go home and focus on the red claws. There is no way WNBA players are marketable its all fake and smoke and mirrors. Everyone in the league other than Caitlin Clark sucks even though she's barely a top 10 player.

Its weird me and @Mione134 are being gaslit in this thread merely from wanting a team. The sad thing is that all these people crapping on the WNBA would probably do a 180 and become big supporters of womens sports all of a sudden if the narrative changed and there were transgender women playing.

• Haha
Reactions: BradPark22

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
CT is a really deep team 6 stars deep now they added Mabry.

Very battle tested too either last 4/2 for the last 6-7 seasons.

Could very easily win the title this year. NY and Vegas are juggernauts and Minny can light it up but defensively the Sun are the best team in the league by a margin.

Reactions: BMC

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Could very easily win the title this year. NY and Vegas are juggernauts and Minny can light it up but defensively the Sun are the best team in the league by a margin.
Sun are back at Mohegan tonight.... the Aces and Lynx are playing tonight in Target Center, but don't discount Phoenix in the West..... the all time points leader is another former CT Standout; Diana Taurasi

chizzler

Jan 11, 2006

You should buy a team…….

Reactions: BradPark22

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Until now.

They have Caitlin Clark. And SHE is bringing the fans and eyes to not just her team, but others. Look at the numbers. Look at the eyes. People are watching games now. It's exciting. The young talent is infusing a jolt unlike I've ever seen. It's much needed. And it's only going to get better.

Bueckers and Juju next year will bring it as well. The league is in a youth overhaul and it's exciting.

I would hesitate to include Bueckers in this conversation. As I said earlier she's had 2 devastating knee injuries and that has had an effect on her play. I don't see her becoming the dominant or even a dominant force in the league, not like she was projected to be prior to the injuries. I just pray she stays 100% healthy throughout her final attempt to win the national title. UConn has been snake bit injury wise the past few seasons.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
and it's not like the Atlanta Dream are a force du jour in the East despite Tina Charles only trailing Taurasi on the scoring list.... and how long that would take w/ Taurasi miles ahead of everyone at this point as the Dream/Mercury just played each other.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad