GDT: 18 Mar 2014 / Wild @ Long Islanders / 6 PM CT - 1 AM Suomi / FS-N; MSG PLUS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
6-0?!?

WTF happend?!

Awesome to see Moulson - Koivu - Fontaine clicking well! That line should stay intact just like our PPG. :yo:

Rock on!

Started out terrible but flipped a switch and went nuts. Near the end of the game the Islander crowd was cheering like crazy for Moulson. They seemed to really want to see him get a hat trick. He even got a curtain call after being announced first star of the game.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
This really was not that good of a game by the Wild no matter what the scoreboard says. I actually think they played better against Boston.

Well that's hockey. Fire everyone.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
It really was night and day.

Boston gave the Wild no room to work with, the defense played strong, the offense was opportunistic, they were tough and physical, and when the Wild got good chances Rask stood on his head.

Isles were sluggish, didn't defend well at all, goalie didn't make key saves, and the offense could not generate good chances against the Wild. Arguably Bryz's best saves were when his own team started tipping pucks on net.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
This really was not that good of a game by the Wild no matter what the scoreboard says. I actually think they played better against Boston.

i thought it was good, but i did like our play in some of the OT shootout losses better--you're right. It's hockey. still nice to leave with a "fun" win and there were some good moments in there for the guys--Moulson getting cheered and getting a couple goals, Stoney with his breakaway. Eases the tension, i think, and that's probably more important than the points we got out of it in the long run. We'll see, though. We have some beastly games coming up.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
One of the most boring games of the season. I like when my favorite teams scores a lot but the game was just terrible somehow. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

It was a decent game, they started sluggishly though. The biggest thing from this game is, the confidence the guys can get from it.

Hockey is every bit as mental a game as it is physical, and those moral victories can only take you so far before you need real ones. This one was the domination they needed mentally to carry the team forward believing they are a good team.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
One of the most boring games of the season. I like when my favorite teams scores a lot but the game was just terrible somehow. :laugh:

I was pretty thrilled by the game. "Who's gonna score next?" is way cooler than "Are we gonna score?" Guess you can't please everyone all the time.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Agreed. They started out well against Boston, yet started out a mess against the Islanders. It's a bad habit. There have been so many nights when the Wild adjust their competitiveness based on the strength of their opponent. They can be fired up and stronger against tough teams. But then you get an "Edmonton" type of team, and they'll lower their intensity to match the guys on the other side of the ice. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad