GDT: 18 Mar 2014 / Wild @ Long Islanders / 6 PM CT - 1 AM Suomi / FS-N; MSG PLUS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Not gonna lie, was a sweet little move :biglaugh:

i'm still a little shocked that it looked completely on purpose and it wasn't just him losing the puck then lucking out when he was trying to get it back!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
i'm still a little shocked that it looked completely on purpose and it wasn't just him losing the puck then lucking out when he was trying to get it back!

The amount of laughter I just did to this ryn probably woke up the neighbors :biglaugh:

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2014-articles/march/wild-vs-isles.html

Luckily Bryzgalov was solid enough to keep the Wild in it before they cashed in with a few goals. It was nice being on the other end of a 6-0 score. This team had an ugly start, if Bryzgalov was even a little bad this game could've been different. Okposo was invisible. Hey, apparently Yeo does know something we didn't by energizing the 2nd line with Fontaine. I still would rather see Haula instead of Brodziak. Still, its 2 points I'll gladly take. I have a full game recap, enjoy!

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
ClaytonStonerDanglesBreakawayGoal.gif
:amazed:

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Bad Captain! :sarcasm:

Maybe Kuemps could use a small break. Are we crazy enough to start Bryz in New Jersey? Perhaps....he looked more relaxed out there.
He knows those buildings and players so I say let him play. Can't hurt Kuemps to have a break and some competition.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I wonder if I'm still asleep. Did Stoner seriously score on a breakaway? :laugh:

Good for him! Good for Bryz to get a shutout.

This win makes me so happy. Stars lost too.

Last edited:

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Just watched the game after work. Damn. Wasn't expecting a 6 spot.

I know its the Islanders but every line looked good and generated chances. It will be interesting to see how this lineup does against a Chicago/Anaheim/St. Louis without a true checking line.

With the depth we have I believe this is the only way you can do it. Roll 3 good offensive lines and then a solid 4th line. Glad to see Moulson get a couple. Seems like an awesome guy. Also happy for Bryzgalov. Wouldn't mind seeing him play Thursday too. Deserves another start imo.

Favorite thing I saw on Islander boards. They were complaining that they gave up 6 goals to a team that is 28th in GPG. Another guy commented on that saying, "To be honest the team is loaded with skill." Felt good seeing that.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Funny how Haula (3 goals) is scratched one game and people want to talk about riots meanwhile Fontaine (13 goals) is scratched in 5? consecutive and you would hardly know from looking on here. Easy to tell we've got a lot of Gopher fans in here haha

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Funny how Haula (3 goals) is scratched one game and people want to talk about riots meanwhile Fontaine (13 goals) is scratched in 5? consecutive and you would hardly know from looking on here. Easy to tell we've got a lot of Gopher fans in here haha

Potential is of far greater value than actual results in these boards.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What's wrong with having both play?

There's big difference playing with Koivu and Moulson and playing with McCormack and Heatley.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Went to the game last night. Good win. Never been to Nassau Coliseum, but actually a great place to watch a game. You feel right on top of the ice.

Islanders fans chanting for Moulson was awesome. Good to see him finally get going.

You could tell the Wild were hung over from the Bruins game, but each line's confidence grew as the game went on (although the Islander did just quit halfway through).

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I really liked how the Wild have three scoring lines. I think Haula would be a better fit over Coyle and Coyle replacing McCormick on the fourth line, but this makes much more sense.

If you have a team full of skill guys with a few grinders, it doesn't make any sense to put skill guys on the fourth line and ask them to play like grinders, and then get upset that the grinders on the third line don't score.

PGP definitely have chemistry. Hopefully Moulson and Koivu can build off this game so the second line can get some chemistry as well.

If the third line doesn't click, maybe they can try Haula in that LW spot? That would bring a lot of speed.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Fontaine's speed and energy really helps out that second line. Yeo better leave him in the lineup going forward.

I wish Haula could take Brodziak's spot but thats not gonna happen until next year.

Not all that excited as we killed the Tavaresless Islanders but hopefully it gives the guys some confidence. We need that 2nd line to get going.

O ya Granlund is a boss and should be out there on every single powerplay.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I really liked how the Wild have three scoring lines. I think Haula would be a better fit over Coyle and Coyle replacing McCormick on the fourth line, but this makes much more sense.

If you have a team full of skill guys with a few grinders, it doesn't make any sense to put skill guys on the fourth line and ask them to play like grinders, and then get upset that the grinders on the third line don't score.

PGP definitely have chemistry. Hopefully Moulson and Koivu can build off this game so the second line can get some chemistry as well.

If the third line doesn't click, maybe they can try Haula in that LW spot? That would bring a lot of speed.
That's what I was thinking. Keep lines 1, 2, and 4 the same, and figure out a combination of Coyle, Nino, Heatley, and Haula that works as the 3rd line.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
He knows those buildings and players so I say let him play. Can't hurt Kuemps to have a break and some competition.

No objection from me. He earned another start, plus Kuemps deserves a little time off.

We'll need both of them this weekend anyway, so getting another start for Bryz will help him shake off more rust, and getting Kuemper some rest will help keep him fresh for the rest of the stretch run.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
6-0?!?

WTF happend?!

Awesome to see Moulson - Koivu - Fontaine clicking well! That line should stay intact just like our PPG. :yo:

Rock on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium