Post-Game Talk: #18 | Flyers at Canadiens | November 19, 2022 | 7:00 PM |

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Tippett was fantastic. His blossoming is one of the biggest storylines of the season.

Reactions: KapG

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Even Torts recognized Frost’s game tonight. Gave him 3 shifts, and double shifted him at end of 3v3. At least Torts is paying attention, unlike AV last year.

And man, you know I love Frost, but even him on the half wall doesn’t fix shit on that pp. it’s so f***ing stagnant, 20 games it’s been and they refuse to add any movement. It’s like they circle with the puck at the top waiting for something to open, and after 15 seconds just try to fire it on net. So dumb.

Tortorella took 7 minutes of Frost/Farabee together to realize they needed to stay together. AV would have eventually figured it out after 15 games just to break them up for no reason. Hakstok would have noticed after 20-40 games. Berube just wouldn't have noticed.

I have many problems with Tortorella but on thay front alone he's the first shred of competence since Lavi.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Only watched the tying goal highlight on my phone. Did our genius coach have MacEwan and Brown on in the last minute against their best players? And how much does Caufield’s talent burn up Chuckles? LOL!

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
On a serious note though.. why hasn’t Bellows been waived yet? He’s the worst player to dress in a Flyers uniform this season.

Reactions: BiggE

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
MacEwen had another good game. Anyone beating on him is doing so on reputation, not play.

Sucks they lost, but it was a fun game to watch.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
On a serious note though.. why hasn’t Bellows been waived yet? He’s the worst player to dress in a Flyers uniform this season.
Bellows is more invisible than Chevy Chase in a John Carpenter film.

Riley Cote played better than Bellows.

Im Out Disappear GIF - Im Out Disappear Tom And Jerry GIFs

Reactions: BiggE

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Tippett had a phenomenal game, one of his best, but you have an agenda if you say Frost wasn’t too too far behind, in a more subtle way. Efficient zone exits, touch passes, the breakaway, defense, playing with pace, even the shootout. Surprise, he looked confident with players his skill level and not plugs!

I’d say Farabee-Frost-Tippett is a pretty normal young middle 6 line that any not brain dead team would want to give run in a lost season……well, after half the team gets injured first and you’re dead last in goals/game. There’s chemistry there with those 3, and everything up to this point has been a pointless waste. Now, if we could get Frost into Hayes’ spot on the PP…..
Very pleased with his defense, think that’s a very underrated part of his game. He does make his mistakes but he will learn from them for sure as does any young player.

Frost with Laczynski looked competent and promising. Frost with Farabee looked downright good.

Weird how replacing the total dead weight with a third NHL player yields even better results.

And to get ahead of it, no, MacEwen doesn't count. That guy has a head filled with mush.
Farabee-frost-tk

Would love to see it although tippet was really good tonight with those two

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
MacEwen had another good game. Anyone beating on him is doing so on reputation, not play.

Sucks they lost, but it was a fun game to watch.
Good by what standard? Good for the player he is? Yeah. Good compared to the role hes being put in? Not even close.

MacEwen is a fringe 4th liner at best. Its great he gives his all on every shift...but hes not a top 9 player...let alone a 1st liner. If he is in your top 6 youre not going to win... plain n simple. Thats not a knock on him...its just reality.

Him being out in the final minute and in OT is just laughable. RW was the teams deepest position at the start of the season. Him being #1 on the depth chart now is a real bad look for torts and even more so fletxher.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
They lose again? I thought this was a playoff bound Tortorella team and not some team Hart was propping up with his amazing play.

Seriously though if a team goes up 2-0 in the first 3 minutes of the game, they probably shouldn't lose that game. Not so tough to play against are they

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
They lose again? I thought this was a playoff bound Tortorella team and not some team Hart was propping up with his amazing play.

Seriously though if a team goes up 2-0 in the first 3 minutes of the game, they probably shouldn't lose that game. Not so tough to play against are they
"cant you just enjoy the wins...."

🤣

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Good by what standard? Good for the player he is? Yeah. Good compared to the role hes being put in? Not even close.

MacEwen is a fringe 4th liner at best. Its great he gives his all on every shift...but hes not a top 9 player...let alone a 1st liner. If he is in your top 6 youre not going to win... plain n simple. Thats not a knock on him...its just reality.

Him being out in the final minute and in OT is just laughable. RW was the teams deepest position at the start of the season. Him being #1 on the depth chart now is a real bad look for torts and even more so fletxher.
You do realize they aren’t exactly replete with options at RW without Konecny, Atkinson, Allison?

Also short a man with Laughton leaving the game.

MacEwen was winning pucks tonight & has for most of the season. But I guess you’d rather get someone from the stands.

Reactions: IronMarshal

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
You do realize they aren’t exactly replete with options at RW without Konecny, Atkinson, Allison?
And who's responsible for that? That's right, your uncle Schmuck Felcher, who you defend to no extent. He's been here for four years and while Atkinson for Voracek is a wash, the only real addition he's made is MacEwan. That's a huge failure on Uncle Chuck.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

Also short a man with Laughton leaving the game.

MacEwen was winning pucks tonight & has for most of the season. But I guess you’d rather get someone from the stands.
I am way more impressed with Mac's puck skills this year vs his board work tbh. He's got decent bottom 6 skills. He scored 52points in the AHL a few seasons ago, 18 points on the pp. Pretty respectable totals. He is scoring at a decent clip right now, and the underlying metrics are pretty stable, but I do wonder if he sustains his scoring touch.

My issue with him is his lack of anticipation. Just because he gets to the boards doesn't mean he is getting results. I imagine he has a lot of pressures, but I know he doesn't have many turnovers. He just can't process quick enough.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

ding ding ding

And if you went into the season with Zac as an enforcing 4th line player, he has done all you could ask for a 4th line player. He has improved from a 14th-15th f to an 11th f. Ummm goodie?

The problem is when the idiot Flusher signs 44 to a 4 deal albatross contract, it makes Zac redundant.

Teams that play Zac top 9 minutes should not surprise anyone go on 6 game losing streaks.

Teams that need to play Zac in the last minute give up goals with 1.8 seconds left.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Tippett was phenomenal in this game. I think some of his passes were more impressive than the goals. The one that set up Frost in front was pretty slick.

Sanheim needs to sneak in like that more often. Nice anticipation and sweet goal.

Are they going to lose Laughton too? Coots, Atkinson, JVR, TK, Allison, Laughton. That’s just unbelievable.

I thought the Hockey Fights Cancer segment just before the game was pretty special. Made me tear up seeing those young kids fighting for their lives. I wish them and their families well. Hits harder when you’re a parent too.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
And who's responsible for that? That's right, your uncle Schmuck Felcher, who you defend to no extent. He's been here for four years and while Atkinson for Voracek is a wash, the only real addition he's made is MacEwan. That's a huge failure on Uncle Chuck.
Just stop, dude. You aren't being realistic. Any team is going to struggle with RW depth if it loses its top three RWs to injury.

Oh, and Fletcher's top RW prospect, Bobby Brink, is out due to injury.

Oh, and JVR who can play RW is out due to injury.

Oh, and they were playing with a short bench due to Laughton's injury.

Oh, and the organization's prospect depth is limited because of so many draft whiffs that pre-date Chuck.

Meanwhile Zack MacEwen has done an admirable job playing above his pay grade at RW with 7 points in 16 games.

To complain about MacEwen this season is to complain based on reputation and personal dislike rather than his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad