GDT: #17 Devils vs Capitals: Groundhog Day Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That team is so incredibly inconsistent it's mind boggling.

Devils have only scored 2 goals in the last 7 periods by the way...

It's okay, we don't need forwards, we have the all-important EIGHT DEFENSEMEN!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Ovechkin saw the stick and 'lost his balance'. I saw nothing as the play was happening to suggest Greene committed any kind of penalty.
I think that's the third time Andy Greene has been penalized thanks to other players flopping and embellishing.

I'm sorry.

Ovechkin fell because he was trying to be overly fancy and he lost his balance. Greene was behind him when he "slashed" at the ice, there is absolutely no way Ovechkin knew it.

It was just a case of bad timing for Greene and kind of stupidity for slashing downwards towards his skates. I don't know what he thought that would do, to be honest.

It wasn't a penalty, but you can't blame the refs for calling it at full speed and the idea that Ovechkin flopped is incredibly stupid. Some things like this make me wonder if some people have ever played any kind of organized hockey.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Everyone neglects to mention we had 3 guys all caught behind the Washington net on that play. We are just lucky Ovechkin didn't realize it was a 4 on 2.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sorry.

Ovechkin fell because he was trying to be overly fancy and he lost his balance. Greene was behind him when he "slashed" at the ice, there is absolutely no way Ovechkin knew it.

It was just a case of bad timing for Greene and kind of stupidity for slashing downwards towards his skates. I don't know what he thought that would do, to be honest.

It wasn't a penalty, but you can't blame the refs for calling it at full speed and the idea that Ovechkin flopped is incredibly stupid. Some things like this make me wonder if some people have ever played any kind of organized hockey.

And yet Zajac embelished when he had his back turned :sarcasm:

apice3*

Greene was swinging at the puck. Slow mo makes it look like it was slashing his skates.

Wasn't a trip regardless. Wasn't a dive either. Coincidental and bad timing.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Ovechkin wasn't being "overly fancy". He tore through our d, nearly scored, and drew a penalty. If Kovy did that yall would be creaming yourselves. Stop being homers.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Too many men penalty was tickytack too. Poni was practically off the ice and was no where near the puck. One of the refs has gotten in the way too much too.

Deb is a tough listen. Bring Laughlin back and call up the Albany PBP guy for the radio.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Are we going to have calls to strip Sal of the captaincy every time he has an off night? It will get tiresome fast.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
And yet Zajac embelished when he had his back turned :sarcasm:

Zajac definitely embellished.

He snapped his head back like he was getting shot when the guys stick came up to his face and whatever kind of twirl he did there was on purpose.

I don't blame him when he's on the PK, he was pretty smart in that respect.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's okay, we don't need forwards, we have the all-important EIGHT DEFENSEMEN!

BING! Been saying it all off season. Yeah we have our 8 defensemen who really help!

Salvador, and Tallinder belong on a turnpike construction zone this game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Are we going to have calls to strip Sal of the captaincy every time he has an off night? It will get tiresome fast.

That isn't going to help him play better. People just want him stripped of the C (which isn't going to happen) so he can be scratched.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Greene was swinging at the puck. Slow mo makes it look like it was slashing his skates.

Wasn't a trip regardless. Wasn't a dive either. Coincidental and bad timing.

Exactly.

You can complain all you want, but the referee is going to call that 99 times out of 100 unless he has picture perfect eyesight.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Before we do anything we need to learn how to stay onsides

3 friggen games in a row of this ****

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I mean, I'm willing to accept Salvador having an off night. It happens, and he brings some physicality that we need.

But everything Tallinder brings to the table can be supplied by Fayne, except Fayne is better and cheaper. Someone, somewhere has to be willing to take Tallinder. Right?

Right...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad