Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I miss the "Marty's Better" chants so much that I think we should recycle it into "Bratt is Better"

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Why was the assist not sick? A one touch pass right on the tape of a wide open player in front of the net. The whole sequence was fantastic, but the pass itself was very nice in it's own right.
Because as nice as it was it wouldn't have mattered if he didn't make the smooth play to keep the puck inside the line *shrug* I mean it was a nice, quick pass, but I think the keep is the better play.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
The past couple days I've heard Parise and Mitch Marner comparisons. In terms of style, I think he's a little more St. Louis? The way he skates and protects the puck, along with his play making skills seem a little more like him than a Mitch Marner.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There is no way anyone could've seen this coming. No one including our management or scouts expected this.

What we are seeing is truly special....
Depending on how long this last, we might be witnessing something that is generational. A 6th round pick having a spectacular NHL season D+1?....Wow, in the future people will say "you never know, look at Bratt" when talking about late picks.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
There is no way anyone could've seen this coming. No one including our management or scouts expected this.

Depending on how long this last, we might be witnessing something that is generational. A 6th round pick having a spectacular NHL season D+1?....Wow, in the future people will say "you never know, look at Bratt" when talking about late picks.
Even Zetterberg and Datsyuk, two of the best examples of late round gems, didn't crack the NHL until they were 22 and 23 respectively...What he's doing at 19 is just unprecedented. Bratt's best asset at the moment is his head. He thinks the game at another level. Just imagine the player we'll be looking at 4 years from now?

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site

I agree, it seems to me like it's all been a mental thing with Bratt. Hopefully he can be consistent with his mindset.

Reactions: ForeverJerseyGirl

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I agree, it seems to me like it's all been a mental thing with Bratt. Hopefully he can be consistent with his mindset.
He was just very young playing in a mens league. Granted he's still very young and playing in the best league in the world, but I def think that played into his ho hum #'s last year.

And despite being a Euro, I wonder if the smaller rinks actually play more to his game.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
This is Bratt's D+2 year, but yeah, I cannot think of a player who has made such a quantum leap. Not one. There might've been a guy who came over from Russia who didn't play much but excelled here right away, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Shero apparently told Hynes in the summer after seeing Bratt play that he was going to force his way onto the roster. He was that impressed. No one saw such a dramatic jump in one summer though.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg comes to mind.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This is Bratt's D+2 year, but yeah, I cannot think of a player who has made such a quantum leap. Not one. There might've been a guy who came over from Russia who didn't play much but excelled here right away, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.
Bure possibly? He was 20 I think, Fedorov also

But we're talking 30 years ago and completely different political climate. I don't think those are really comparable?

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Even Zetterberg and Datsyuk, two of the best examples of late round gems, didn't crack the NHL until they were 22 and 23 respectively...What he's doing at 19 is just unprecedented. Bratt's best asset at the moment is his head. He thinks the game at another level. Just imagine the player we'll be looking at 4 years from now?
Should we give him $12 million a year now, or just wait until next season? :sarcasm:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If this is just a flash in the pan this thread will be incredibly sad to look at in 5 years with the way some of you guys are talking right now. He looks incredible, he deserves the praise, but it's been 3 games not counting the preseason. I obviously hope he keeps it up but sheesh. I hate to be THAT, I seriously debated even posting, but temper this stuff.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
temper this stuff.

Well I believe I have been the #1 person saying the above here all along.

It's only been 1 game.....

It's only been 2 games.....

Now it's "only" been 3 games....

Granted, the data set is small, but the things he's doing arent "fluke" goals or passes.
And it's little things too, like defensive positioning, PK killing, Holding the zone, etc..

Maybe it really is true that the only thing that was holding him back is he didn't believe in himself. Maybe....

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Bure possibly? He was 20 I think, Fedorov also

But we're talking 30 years ago and completely different political climate. I don't think those are really comparable?
Federov had 29 points in 48 in Russia the year prior. 4th on team.

Bure had 46 in 44, including 35 goals, both of which led the team(goals by a wide margin).

Bratt was 22 in 46, 7th on team.

But Russia at that time had a lot of talent in it. Bratt was in the Swedish 2nd league.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If this is just a flash in the pan this thread will be incredibly sad to look at in 5 years with the way some of you guys are talking right now. He looks incredible, he deserves the praise, but it's been 3 games not counting the preseason. I obviously hope he keeps it up but sheesh. I hate to be THAT, I seriously debated even posting, but temper this stuff.

I think talk about guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg is premature, but unless Jesper loses his confidence entirely or gets injured, he will without question be a top 9 forward for years to come, with a good chance at being a 1st line forward.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I think talk about guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg is premature, but unless Jesper loses his confidence entirely or gets injured, he will without question be a top 9 forward for years to come, with a good chance at being a 1st line forward.

I agree with everything here. The in a few years from now people can be saying "Look at Bratt" when looking at the player compared to where was drafted is sooooo premature. Hopefully that's what in fact happens but this is really soon. Again, hopefully he keeps this up and maintains his level of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad