Prospect Info: 15th Overall, Michael Brandsegg-Nygaard

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
MBN and Yzerman not seeing eye to eye?

Lovely.
1) The player did well in that league last year.
2) It's not like Grand Rapids has oodles of room for the kid.
3) He's already shown enough to inspire confidence that he should make the NHL in the next year or two, regardless of whether he starts this season in the SHL or AHL.

This whole thing is a lot closer to a nothing burger than the semi-crisis that some fans are portraying it to be.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Dang, it might be minor guys, I see that.

Just would be better if they agreed is all. Look at the Swayman situation. Got ugly for a while over something that should of been minor. Eventually they worked it out.

Let's just hope it never gets to that level.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
According to Swedish media Yzerman and the Wings wanted MBN in the AHL but the player and his camp were adamant SHL is better for him right now.

This is true, MBN more or less insisted on SHL play, media said. I just hope things didn't turn a little sour between him and Detroit's management. Btw...his dad didn't like his son's decision either.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
This is true, MBN more or less insisted on SHL play, media said. I just hope things didn't turn a little sour between him and Detroit's management. Btw...his dad didn't like his son's decision either.
So, who is in MBN's ear telling him to do the opposite of what his father and GM think he should do?

I will continue to hope this is minor, but it wouldn't shock me if the Wings hold him back more now because of this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad