Prospect Info: 15th Overall, Michael Brandsegg-Nygaard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
What do you think they'll do with MBN? The fact that he's still with Detroit tells me he's probably going to the minors. But MBN said they won't force him to go there, they'll listen to him if he wants to play in the SHL instead.

Or maybe he'll listen to the GM of his former team in Norway: "You don't return to Europe when you're just a phone call from the NHL".

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It's not like he is not used to play at smaller ice. He did that before juniors in Sweden. I think his transition will go well. Lalonde has mentioned that there is a language issue, so maybe staying in North America is the right thing to do, so he learns the language.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Lalonde has mentioned that there is a language issue, so maybe staying in North America is the right thing to do, so he learns the language.
Must be some specific hockey lingo as MBN speaks English. Of course not used to do it on a daily basis necessarily, but he's not like a east block country player.

AtlantaHotWings

Aug 21, 2024
I thought I heard Mickey say last night they will make final decision at the end of preseason. He also said MBN was cool with whatever decision is made. I send him to Griffins let him bond with Kasper, Mazur, Cossa, Danielson etc. So as they move to the big club they are familiar with each others game.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I thought I heard Mickey say last night they will make final decision at the end of preseason. He also said MBN was cool with whatever decision is made. I send him to Griffins let him bond with Kasper, Mazur, Cossa, Danielson etc. So as they move to the big club they are familiar with each others game.

GR could use a top line winger, and it'll shorten MBN's learning curve by a year to skip the SHL and play in GR,

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I do worry if MBN goes back to Sweden that he won’t get much PP time there since his best spot on the PP is the same role occupied already by ASP. The clearest path to minutes is GR imo.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
What do you think they'll do with MBN? The fact that he's still with Detroit tells me he's probably going to the minors. But MBN said they won't force him to go there, they'll listen to him if he wants to play in the SHL instead.

Or maybe he'll listen to the GM of his former team in Norway: "You don't return to Europe when you're just a phone call from the NHL".
I personally would like to see him back in the SHL. I think the time and space of the euro game will allow him to try some new things offensively that could help his long-term development. I have been really happy with him though in the preseason. If he has a really good season and a productive summer I could see him challenging for a lower-line roster spot next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad