goals.jpg

lineup.jpg

forwards.png

defence.png

goalie.gif

injuries-.jpg

lineup.jpg

habs.png

I can't think of a time I put less effort into a GDT as this... This team is just... inspiring. :shakehead

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Genuinely shocked that there are 3 teams that have scored less goals than the 2015 Penguins experiment. Did the league add a few expansion teams?

It's Ducks, Flyers, Canes and then us.

The Flyers are there because they haven't played us yet this year :laugh:

Well we have Crosby, Kessel, and Malkin... There is no way we can be the absolute worse in the league...

A team with these 3 players shouldn't be in the bottom 5 of league scoring at all.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'm sitting here at work, having to listen to someone sing the praises of Dupuis, and saying Bennett sucks.

Sigh.

Heliarclee

Nov 12, 2013
It has to be the blue collar attitude of the casual fan. There is no way a knowledgeable hockey fan would think Dupuis belongs on a top line on ANY NHL team.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
It has to be the blue collar attitude of the casual fan. There is no way a knowledgeable hockey fan would think Dupuis belongs on a top line on ANY NHL team.

In the comments sections for articles on the Penguins' main site, there are people calling (seriously) for a Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis reunion. Granted, these are the same folks that insult me personally if I say anything negative about Mike Johnston's line-up choices, Scuderi/Lovejoy, or anyone else on the team.

This team really has established a wide fan base of casuals who soak up every fluff article they put out. I really like Dupuis and definitely think he has some more NHL time in him, but you don't take a third/fourth liner who is basically playing day-to-day because of health complications and throw them on the first line as soon as he returns because he had success there years ago. Especially when you have Perron, Fehr, Plotnikov, Sprong, and Bonino on your team. Probably any of those names would be better choices for the first line LW position. Yeesh!

That being said, I'm a little stoked that Bennett is starting with Crosby. I hope he has some success there (and fast) or its back to a permanent third line spot for Bennett.

Heliarclee

Nov 12, 2013
In the comments sections for articles on the Penguins' main site, there are people calling (seriously) for a Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis reunion. Granted, these are the same folks that insult me personally if I say anything negative about Mike Johnston's line-up choices, Scuderi/Lovejoy, or anyone else on the team.

This team really has established a wide fan base of casuals who soak up every fluff article they put out. I really like Dupuis and definitely think he has some more NHL time in him, but you don't take a third/fourth liner who is basically playing day-to-day because of health complications and throw them on the first line as soon as he returns because he had success there years ago. Especially when you have Perron, Fehr, Plotnikov, Sprong, and Bonino on your team. Probably any of those names would be better choices for the first line LW position. Yeesh!

That being said, I'm a little stoked that Bennett is starting with Crosby. I hope he has some success there (and fast) or its back to a permanent third line spot for Bennett.

I completely agree with you on Bennett's "tryout" on L1. I hope they score on their first shift together just so they hopefully get the rest of the game together.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'll bet a good penny on the fact that Beau won't make it through the entire game on Sid's line

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Like…

Perron-Malkin-Kessel
BB – Bonino – Hornqvist
Fehr – Cullen – Sprong
Kuntiz – Crosby – Dupuis

?

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Habs fan coming in peace...
Should be a good game tonight. Good test for Condon against the lieks of Geno, Sid and Phil among others. even with your teams slow offensive start, you're just bound to break out one of these days.
Here's to an entertaining game!
Cheers

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Was watching highlights of Sid on that 25 game point streak and it struck me that I'd be incredibly happy even with a 2 game point streak from him now :laugh:.

It shouldn't be a notable event when the Penguins score a goal but under Johnston I feel like that is the case. We make goal scoring look like the hardest thing to do on the planet.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void

This is the saddest truth. I've talked to guys that think Scuderi is still a great player and an integral part of this team. 75% of the fans in this facebook group I'm in see nothing wrong with Kunitz and want him back on L1.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I'm sitting here at work, having to listen to someone sing the praises of Dupuis, and saying Bennett sucks.

Sigh.

At least people near you talk about hockey and care. In New Jersey, you'll be lucky to get into a hockey discussion once a year. Even Rangers fans aren't making themselves that vocal yet.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
So. Clendening, Maatta, Scuderi rotating.
Why do i have this feeling that IF Clendening will ever get back in the lineup it wont be for Scuderi....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Was watching highlights of Sid on that 25 game point streak and it struck me that I'd be incredibly happy even with a 2 game point streak from him now :laugh:.

It shouldn't be a notable event when the Penguins score a goal but under Johnston I feel like that is the case. We make goal scoring look like the hardest thing to do on the planet.

It's so frustrating seeing Sid that year, and seeing what this team's turned into, Sid included. The damn guy had 66 points, and 30+ goals by New Year's Day. Hello? Are you kidding me? :laugh:

I know the league-wide scoring's dropped like crazy, but a lot of guys are still scoring well enough. Even teams with like 1/5 our talent are scoring much, much easier than this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad