GDT: #15 | HABS @ PENS | Wed, Nov 11, 2015 | NBCSN, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014
Possession is great and all, but Sprong creates scoring chances. He shoots the puck. He's more dangerous, and for a team that can't score goals this season (i.e. 95% of the NHL), players who can create scoring chances and shoot the puck are like gold.

Well, except for this organization, apparently.

I like Plotnikov, don't get me wrong. We need his presence in the lineup, too. But if we have to choose, and Johnston has made it clear that we do, we need to use Sprong way more than Plotnikov.

That is, until the next mystery absence by Dupuis.

Plotnikov @ 5on5:
101:03 TOI
Goals:On ice for 4 - 2, 2 points

Sprong @ 5on5:
90:09 TOI
Goals:On ice for 2 - 1, 2 points

Also regarding scoring chances I found some stat using this definition (http://blog.war-on-ice.com/new-defining-scoring-chances/):

Plotnikov
SC: On ice for 51 - 37, 6 individual
SC from high danger areas: On ice for 21 - 11, 1 individual

Sprong
SC: 35 - 49, 14 individual
SC from high danger areas: 11 - 19, 3 individual

While Sprong is having more individual chances, Plotnikov line is having quite more of them. It seems that even if his work is not flashy it's quite effective.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
all voodoo and karmic energy aligns to say that sprong-crosby-bennett would put up 5 goals tonight

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
really hope beau is what sid needs. having to find a top 4 d doesn't seem so daunting if the four lines are rolling

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Last season, Bennett had a goal and 2 assists vs Montreal. And that was with Sutter.

Imagine what he could do with Crosby!!

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
man some fans are just clueless, some fans on the local radio over the past few days have said scuderi is one of the better dmen on the team because of his +8 lol :shakehead

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
CTkcmAeWUAAnbGT.jpg

no Clendening , Maatta and Scuds on the 3rd pairing.

Last edited:

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
Just once I'd like a reporter to ask Johnston about his thoughts on the defenseman "rotation" he alluded to earlier in the season.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Clendening should call up Brandon Boykin of the Steelers...see if there is some kind of support group he can join for superior players that their idiot coaches refuse to play.

Oh and almost forgot...

Beau_Injury_Counter6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad