15-16 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Biggest? You might want to revisit the trade a couple of months ago.
In fact, there may have been an even bigger one in the first few seasons of this league!

Now I'm tuned in...hope it works out!

Ya, what was it again? Both Sedins +Miller for like...Ovechkin + Hiller? And this was like 8 years ago, prime time for those players.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
So Brock's trade was...........

Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Pavel Datsyuk, Dwayne Roloson, Rick DiPietro (and a 1st?)

for........

Alexander Ovechkin and Jonas Hiller

November 14th, 2010

(Looking back it seems comparable to Getzlaf, Kane, Lundqvist 1st for McDavid eh?) But McDavid is only 18 and a rookie in the NHL. Ovechkin already had 4 50+ seasons (including 1 65 goal season) and 4 100+ points seasons.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Holy **** brock gave up more for Ovie then mcdavid for sure

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Let's see some of the more memorable ones with the GMs that's still in the league...i'll try my best to list the picks involved in the trade if I can find the details in the Yahoo league board for that year.
Offseason trades are not shown in the Yahoo pages unfortunately...and the links to the old threads don't work anymore, not that I was going to go through every single post to find them!

2009-10
First ever trade in the league...October 16th, 2009
CRDragon and SelKesler (now JannikAtTheDisco if my memory is correct)
To CRDragon: Ryan Getzlaf and Scott Niedermayer and conditional pick (ended up to be a 5th)
To SelKesler: Patrick Sharp and Mike Green and 2nd round pick

Dec 10th, 2009
To Luc Bourdon: Cammalleri, Kessel, Marc Savard, Edler, Quick
To Brock: Carter, Parise, Osgood, Niemi

Dec 11th, 2009
To Luc: Jamie Benn
To CRD: Phaneuf
WHAT. I don't remember this trade. lol! I recall a high pick went to Luc as well. Jamie Benn eventually ended up in the FA and I picked him up again then traded Benn again for 2nd overall pick during the offseason (which ended up to be Gabriel Landeskog in his draft year). :facepalm: x2!

Nov 11th, 2010
To Luc Bourdon: Magnus Paajarvi
To Balls Mahoney: Jonathan Quick
Wow LOL

GMs are not in the league anymore, but less than a year later, Magnus Paajarvi was traded for Joe Pavelski, Oct 2nd 2011.

Nov 16, 2011: The infamous good bye speech. http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.c...14340466-79bb827d-2100-4813-a629-06d9098e4c80
I'm still disappointed I was not mentioned in that speech.

Dec 6th, 2011
To Balls: Ilya Bryzgalov
To CRD: Backes and Crawford

Jan 22nd, 2013
To Balls: Carlson, 10th round pick
To CRD: Ehrhoff, 4th round pick, 9th round pick
I recall that year Ehrhoff > Carlson and Carlson was not kept ;)

Jan 24th, 2013
To Canucksrock: JVR, Tarasenko, 1st round pick
To BrockH: Varlamov
Recall Brock was searching hard for a goaltender to supplement his all star lineup.

2014-15 had the least amount of trades in a year to date, only 4.
Oct 17th, 2014
To Balls: Nail Yakupov
To Arsmaster: Bryan Little + Balls' 4th round pick

Nov 2nd, 2014
To JannikAtTheDisco: Arsmaster's 1st and 4th round picks
To Arsmaster: Oshie, Saad, Zetterberg

Oct 25th, 2015
To Balls: Kane, Getzlaf, Lundqvist, 1st
To Luc: McDavid

Oct 26th, 2015
To Canucker: Voracek, Bernier
To Vanilla: PK Subban

Nov 26th, 2015
To StrictlyCommercial: Larkin, Eberle
To Luc: OEL, 3rd round pick

Dec 4th, 2015
To StrictlyCommercial: Byfuglien, Bishop
To Canucker: Malkin, Rask

Dec 12th, 2015
To Luc: Voracek, Reimer, 1st, 6th
To Canucker: Schnieder, 2 3rd round picks

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Holy **** brock gave up more for Ovie then mcdavid for sure

But Ovechkin was already the best player in Fantasy Hockey.

McDavid is still a rookie and will not have the shooting ability as Ovechkin. (And the PIMs, and probably even +/-)

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Looking through the trades, some names seem to be traded multiple times...

Getzlaf
Dubinsky
Hedman
Quick
Bryzgalov
Kesler
Hossa
Ehrhoff
Marleau
St Louis

and Jannik and myself would have annual trades like a tradition!

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
But Ovechkin was already the best player in Fantasy Hockey.

McDavid is still a rookie and will not have the shooting ability as Ovechkin. (And the PIMs, and probably even +/-)

This.

And my best move remains picking Karlsson up as a FA. lol

My worst move might be that Varlamov trade.

Interesting to note, Crosby is the only player left on my roster from the inaugural draft year.

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
It's a 3rd round pick, not the ark of the convenient. Jesus. Am I supposed to sit here and dick around for days with some kid who throws a temper tantrum at the mere sight of my name? I mean yeah, I felt a little bad for psychologically scarring him. Myers was the best defenseman available, I threw a pick that doesn't matter to me at him. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DRAMAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
It's a 3rd round pick, not the ark of the convenient. Jesus. Am I supposed to sit here and dick around for days with some kid who throws a temper tantrum at the mere sight of my name? I mean yeah, I felt a little bad for psychologically scarring him. Myers was the best defenseman available, I threw a pick that doesn't matter to me at him. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DRAMAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

What are you going on about?

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
He's rubbing it in! :sarcasm:

I actually feel for balls a bit, he needs to win the cup this year or it's a huge disaster. IMO I would trade his 1st overall for a massive depth package and make that run.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I would like to make a league suggestion to move IR's from 2. And make it now 3 IR's for each team.

The reason is simple, their are way to many players in the NHL that are hurt, you will basically always have at least 2 guys on the IR for major parts of your season, and it hampers your team having an extra guy on IR, instead of putting up numbers from somebody else.

So to finalize.

I would like the league to look into 3 IR vs 2 IR, as soon as possible, and have a vote.

Thank you

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
2 IR+ is good enough imo.

Others feel free to discuss, if there's enough support we can bring this to a vote.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I would like to make a league suggestion to move IR's from 2. And make it now 3 IR's for each team.

The reason is simple, their are way to many players in the NHL that are hurt, you will basically always have at least 2 guys on the IR for major parts of your season, and it hampers your team having an extra guy on IR, instead of putting up numbers from somebody else.

So to finalize.

I would like the league to look into 3 IR vs 2 IR, as soon as possible, and have a vote.

Thank you

I vote against that. Boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad