Speculation: 13th Overall Pick Prediction

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do we take at 13?

• Nobody, we trade it

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yakemchuk

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Catton

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Perekh

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Dickinson

• Helenius

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Hage

• Letourneau (6’7)

• Iginla

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Silayev

• Solberg

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Eiserman

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Bransegg Nygard

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Cherbyshov

• Jiricek

• Other

• Total voters

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Roasted broccoli with a bit of cayenne, I hope.

That sounds good too. I'd personally go for some grilled asparagus with olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled and a sprinkle of parmesan. Brussels sprouts is a fight on sight though.

• Love
Reactions: BagHead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Which one? It makes a difference
Chinese Watercress, with fried garlic, sherry, soy and oyster sauce. The Asparagus sounds good, but can't deal with the smell when I pee.

Roasted Sprouts with S&P, cooled, then drenched in Balsamic might reduce you to a Semin slap fight.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow, I've heard that stuff is really good for you.

I'll take the churro.
Very good, yes, and a decent taste. A bit bitter sometimes, and make sure you wash them very well... they tend to have little snails in them, and not the good kind.

The Leafs went all in on very expensive Churros, and look where it got them.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Very good, yes, and a decent taste. A bit bitter sometimes, and make sure you wash them very well... they tend to have little snails in them, and not the good kind.

The Leafs went all in on very expensive Churros, and look where it got them.

I think churro's nutritional value is being a little understated. It's not like we're talking about cotton candy here. Plus I think we have a lot of other fruit and vegetables on our plate and in our fridge already

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Roasted broccoli with a bit of cayenne, I hope.

Who is this player so I can hate them just for this comparison?

I wouldn't even use this much of a insult for Spurgeon's contract, or anything that GMBG has done in his time in MN.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Catton, Buium, Dickinson, Iginla, Yakemchuk, Lindstrom, Saliyev, Helenius, Sennecke are (hypothetically) all off the board, I'm calling Chicago about #13 for #18 and #34 and have my pick of whoever of Eiserman, MBN, Parekh, Chernyshov, Artamonov, Hage, Solberg are left at #18 (if Chicago does it).

My (relatively realistic) ideal situation would be Hage/Chernyshov at #18, Artamonov at #34 and Gridin at #45.

Or Hage/Chernyshov at #18 and then trade #34 + #45 back up to ~#25 for whoever of Hage/Chernyshov is still there, if one is.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Who is this player so I can hate them just for this comparison?

I wouldn't even use this much of a insult for Spurgeon's contract, or anything that GMBG has done in his time in MN.
Nevermind my last post. A spicy player who is strong and healthy? That's got to be JEE. Congratulations. You hate JEE.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nevermind my last post. A spicy player who is strong and healthy? That's got to be JEE. Congratulations. You hate JEE.

I didn't know JEE was getting drafted this year.

Besides JEE is about as spicy strawberry jelly on white toast. We talk about which garden tool he used to score his goals.

If he was a spice he'd be cilantro. Where you either like the subtle flavor it adds, or it tastes like soap.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think that Yakemchuk has a chance to be a much more valuable asset, so I'll go him. If you can't draft a 1C, most likely you'll have to trade for one. If Yak hit, we could have two number one defenseman in the system to draw from in the quest for a center.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I didn't know JEE was getting drafted this year.

Besides JEE is about as spicy strawberry jelly on white toast. We talk about which garden tool he used to score his goals.

If he was a spice he'd be cilantro. Where you either like the subtle flavor it adds, or it tastes like soap.
lol fair enough. I refer to Yakemchuk, or at least I did originally. He's a pretty spicy player, but I'm not sure vegetables fit his play style. That dude's chorizo all the way. Vegetables are guys like Brodin.

Last edited:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don’t see any scenario where Sennecke or Dickinson are available. I think GMs will love these guys and they go much earlier than expected. I could see Catton, Helenius, Parekh being available.

I love the Yakemchuk, Faber combo as our RHD for the next decade. Adds some much needed scoring and sandpaper to the blueline.

Sennecke looks like a RHS Boldy to me. I think he goes between 4-8

Reactions: Digitalbooya

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Catton, Buium, Dickinson, Iginla, Yakemchuk, Lindstrom, Saliyev, Helenius, Sennecke are (hypothetically) all off the board, I'm calling Chicago about #13 for #18 and #34 and have my pick of whoever of Eiserman, MBN, Parekh, Chernyshov, Artamonov, Hage, Solberg are left at #18 (if Chicago does it).

My (relatively realistic) ideal situation would be Hage/Chernyshov at #18, Artamonov at #34 and Gridin at #45.

Or Hage/Chernyshov at #18 and then trade #34 + #45 back up to ~#25 for whoever of Hage/Chernyshov is still there, if one is.
I’d hate it if we picked Chernyshov

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that Yakemchuk has a chance to be a much more valuable asset, so I'll go him. If you can't draft a 1C, most likely you'll have to trade for one. If Yak hit, we could have two number one defenseman in the system to draw from in the quest for a center.
I see a #2RHD in Yak, considering we have Faber. The size and physicality are a welcome addition to our back line though.

lol fair enough. I refer to Yakemchuk, or at least I did originally. He's a pretty spicy player, but I'm not sure vegetables fit his play style. That dude's chorizo all the way. Vegetables are guys like Brodin.
Brodin is Tofu.

• Haha
Reactions: BagHead

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Can't leave me hanging like that.
His skillset imo, and ceiling is just a lot lower than someone else who’d be available at 13. In this case, you’re passing on Eiserman, MBN, and Parekh even though they have much higher ceilings and better toolbox’s. Trading back in a draft like this would be a massive gamble.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t see any scenario where Sennecke or Dickinson are available. I think GMs will love these guys and they go much earlier than expected. I could see Catton, Helenius, Parekh being available.

I love the Yakemchuk, Faber combo as our RHD for the next decade. Adds some much needed scoring and sandpaper to the blueline.

Sennecke looks like a RHS Boldy to me. I think he goes between 4-8
I would say a less polished, but faster, Boldy. Don't know if he has the same IQ. Boldy was under the radar because he played on such a high profile team, with flashy players like Hughes, Zegras, and Caufield. Turcotte was also considered a better prospect. In retropsect, he should've been a top 3 player in the draft.

Sennecke doesn't have that problem. GM's will be hesitant about his gawky, thin, frame relative to some of the others in this draft, and his lack of production v. others. He has a chance of dropping to us. Agree on Dickinson.

It's interesting that Bob's list still has Helenius quite high, at #9. I think scouts like his robust weight and athleticism shown at the combine, as well as the fact that he has already been playing with men for years, and doing quite well. Parekh, and Catton will have some doubters because of their less than robust CHL play and/or smaller frames. Iginla isn't huge, but he seems pretty solid physically. I don't think he will drop to 13.

Last edited:
Reactions: MNRube and Slotski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad