Post-Game Talk: #13 | Flyers at Sharks | November 7, 2023 | Lost 2-1

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Is that 7 straight games for our selke winning stud 2C Catsey ???

This is Torts and Jonesy dream lineup and they just lost to the worst team the nhl has seen in 30 yrs. Said it pre game, we will be bottom on east by Dec 1st.

The regression is astonishing, and not surprising by a Torts lead team. And Rocky Thompson , whomever hired him needs to be fired.
“Regression” my ass.

Were the Flyers supposed to be good this season?

Why are people who have ragged on them for years suddenly acting like they aren’t supposed to be a subpar team?

It was completely expected that there are going to be plenty of ups & downs this season.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
Am I the only one - other than maybe Curufinwe (I’m not good with reading sarcasm on the interwebs) - who was happy with this result? I’m not a glutton or masochist, so I didn’t stay up to watch it, but when I saw the score I was legitimately pleased. We don’t want this club accumulating points. We want them maximizing draft position. That’s the plan.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
“Regression” my ass.

Why are people who have ragged on them for years suddenly acting like they aren’t supposed to be a subpar team?

It was completely expected that there are going to be plenty of ups & downs this season.
Except you ignore that Torts and Co believe they can be a playoff team and doing everything in their power to get there to be "better than expected".

Talk rebuild, turn down Laughton for 1st+
Talk rebuild, only scratch under 25 year olds
Talk accountability, singles out 1 guy only to scratch

Actions speak louder than words. People are pissed and laughing at them because once again they are doing stupid shit that is easily avoided that can make them better in the future.

Meanwhile, you defend. just like you defended Fletch. You do you. You deserve this shit team. Roll around in the shit. Get that shitty Flyers stank all over you. Sorry if others don't want to join you.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
The kind of loss the Flyers needed. f*** them. Glad the Sharks embarrassed them. Glad Torts gets to be f***ing embarrassed. f*** him. f*** him into the f***ing sun.

Don't worry everyone! Flyers have 1 goal, in their last two, lost to a disgraceful team and Frost will still be scratched. f*** this team and f*** Torts.
1 goal and they still needed a review for it....

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
30% on face offs is wild. I genuinely hate this team. Just made me angry the longer I watched them
Couturier at 31%. He is definitely not healthy (I bet it is the back), but rather than admit it the Flyers are going to turn him into an invalid...Also, Brink with only 10 min so how long before he is a scratch and they bring up some "never was" from LHV?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Is that 7 straight games for our selke winning stud 2C Catsey ???

This is Torts and Jonesy dream lineup and they just lost to the worst team the nhl has seen in 30 yrs. Said it pre game, we will be bottom on east by Dec 1st.

The regression is astonishing, and not surprising by a Torts lead team. And Rocky Thompson , whomever hired him needs to be fired.
How can you call a Staal-less lineup "dream"? Sheesh.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Except you ignore that Torts and Co believe they can be a playoff team and doing everything in their power to get there to be "better than expected".

Actions speak louder than words. People are pissed and laughing at them because once again they are doing stupid shit that is easily avoided that can make them better in the future.

Meanwhile, you defend. just like you defended Fletch. You do you. You deserve this shit team. Roll around in the shit. Get that shitty Flyers stank all over you. Sorry if others don't want to join you.
That’s some Maritime violence you just dropped !

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
“Regression” my ass.

The start was like any other year.
There will be no “Ups” in a Rocky Thompson lead PP.
There are no Ups the way your coach holds players “Accountable “. He was giddy in post game talking about benching Frost.
There are no Ups how they continue to tank players trade values.

95% of us knew this would happen , the blueprint was always there.

Why? I loved the result. (mod edit)
We just need to hope California had bigger, stronger horses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
“Regression” my ass.

Your opinion of yourself is unmatched.

Once again you have absolutely no concept of what people are actually saying despite being told countless times so we’re left with either assuming you’re a moron, I don’t think that you are, or you’re intentionally obtuse.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
“Regression” my ass.

This isn't the look after you fell for the early-season start again.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

When have they ever said that?

They started the season with 5 rookies, Brink, Foerster, Zamula, Andrae and Ersson, Andrae played himself out of a job, Zamula played his way from the top 4 to the 3rd pair.

Laughton and others may still be traded, it's a long season, Laughton has done nothing to reduce his value, and they've bought time to evaluate the rookies and marinate forward prospects at LHV. Starting the season, they didn't know if they had 9 forwards who could start in the top 9.
Briere has been talking to teams about potential trades.

Frost is strange, but at some point we'll have a better idea what's going on.

Nothing has been done this year that endangers the rebuild.

I predicted 80-85 points, that still looks plausible.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Why? I loved the result. (Mod edit)
(Mod edit)

I can't believe I watched to the end and then sat in the afterparty thread until about 1:25. It is satisfying to see the talking heads start to turn on Tortorella. But we know the schtick on both sides: he loves the confrontational relationship with the media and they would be carrying him on their shoulders again after a five-game winning streak.

Last edited by a moderator:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
When have they ever said that?

They started the season with 5 rookies, Brink, Foerster, Zamula, Andrae and Ersson, Andrae played himself out of a job, Zamula played his way from the top 4 to the 3rd pair.

Laughton and others may still be traded, it's a long season, Laughton has done nothing to reduce his value, and they've bought time to evaluate the rookies and marinate forward prospects at LHV. Starting the season, they didn't know if they had 9 forwards who could start in the top 9.
Briere has been talking to teams about potential trades.

Frost is strange, but at some point we'll have a better idea what's going on.

Nothing has been done this year that endangers the rebuild.

I predicted 80-85 points, that still looks plausible.
80 pts does not look plausible at all. They may not 3 more pts this month.

And this is with a better roster than last year.

And we aren’t even factoring in the return of Staal , Risto and whomever they add to replace Frost which will make team worse.

And the forwards have been healthy so far, this will get very bad.

PP also actually looks worse which won’t help.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
As Jo Jo knows, this is the game you'd bet on an upset, flight to the West Coast, then play a bad team on their home ice which often causes teams to play down to inferior competition. Odds are they'll rebound and play much better Friday and Saturday - that's how long seasons go.

Veteran teams can play down to inferior competition, then turn on the jets when needed to scrap out wins - younger teams often get stuck in the mire.

And the truth is San Jose isn't as bad as their record, and were due to play better at some point, like most bad teams they have some good players, just not enough.

Their GM read the team the riot act a couple days before this game, that's usually good for a 2-3 game bounce before reality sets back in.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
As Jo Jo knows, this is the game you'd bet on an upset, flight to the West Coast, then play a bad team on their home ice which often causes teams to play down to inferior competition. Odds are they'll rebound and play much better Friday and Saturday - that's how long seasons go.

Veteran teams can play down to inferior competition, then turn on the jets when needed to scrap out wins - younger teams often get stuck in the mire.

And the truth is San Jose isn't as bad as their record, and were due to play better at some point, like most bad teams they have some good players, just not enough.

Their GM read the team the riot act a couple days before this game, that's usually good for a 2-3 game bounce before reality sets back in.

If Frost scored four points against them you’d be poo pooing it so spare us this stuff.

They are that bad of a team and the Flyers lost to them. It’s as simple as that.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
80 pts does not look plausible at all. They may not 3 more pts this month.

And this is with a better roster than last year.

And we aren’t even factoring in the return of Staal , Risto and whomever they add to replace Frost which will make team worse.

And the forwards have been healthy so far, this will get very bad.

PP also actually looks worse which won’t help.
Just wait til both Couts and Hart inevitably reinjure themselves. Catching SJ will be tough even after last night but 31st is still there for the taking. Go team!

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I don't want to get rid of Torts if this is going to be the result. Let the team keep on losing.

His biggest issue, like everyone here has said, is benching young players for bums that will never get better but I'm all for this team going full rebuild.

Trade Konecny and Laughton at some point for draft stock. I have zero attachment to any of the players on this team save for Couts and Hart so I wouldn't be hurt by any potential roster moves.

I should've bet my house on the Flyers losing last night though because it was the most obvious upcoming loss in NHL history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad