Post-Game Talk: #13 | Flyers at Sharks | November 7, 2023 | Lost 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Thank god Torts didn't dress Frost, might have scored 2 goals against a bottom feeder
Watch his presser , so easy benching frost he said after going 4 games creating the most chances.

It’s personal with this smug f***, the last thing you need when evaluating for 2-3 yrs from now.
(Edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
When have they ever said that?

They started the season with 5 rookies, Brink, Foerster, Zamula, Andrae and Ersson, Andrae played himself out of a job, Zamula played his way from the top 4 to the 3rd pair.

Laughton and others may still be traded, it's a long season, Laughton has done nothing to reduce his value, and they've bought time to evaluate the rookies and marinate forward prospects at LHV. Starting the season, they didn't know if they had 9 forwards who could start in the top 9.
Briere has been talking to teams about potential trades.

Frost is strange, but at some point we'll have a better idea what's going on.

Nothing has been done this year that endangers the rebuild.

I predicted 80-85 points, that still looks plausible.
Talk is cheap.

They benched each of those rookie D while Risto has missed every game this season. A healthy Risto....and then Staal, and you can bet your ass who was being scratched.

The whole point of trading Laughton last year is that in theory, that draft pick would be ready to help the Flyers sooner. Oh, and then we would not be benching our 2nd best C at the same time.

Frost isn't strange. It's very simple. A power hungry coach has singled him out as his whipping boy and continues to devalue a top 6 forward on this team. Plain and simple.

They still might get a good pick but it's not from rebuilding. it's from building a team they think can be a playoff team, and being wrong due to their shit evaluations.

Christ, if they had it their way, we would have Krug and not Sanheim right now. And we are supposed to trust these buffoons? Yeah right.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
It’s an important distinction that the takes are not everyone is stupid but me. That’s boring. There are always going to be exceptions, but it’s almost always, “Look how stupid everyone is including me.” That matters quite a bit.

I assure you I am an idiot and I know it. Following and caring about this org has become running into a proverbial burning building every day. Some people cope with humor.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I wonder across the NHL , top 6 centers gifted the ice time Cates gets ( PP included ) , how many produce as little as he does points wise ?

Talk is cheap.

They benched each of those rookie D while Risto has missed every game this season. A healthy Risto....and then Staal, and you can bet your ass who was being scratched.

The who poiht if trading Laughton last year is that in theory, that draft pick would be ready to help the Flyers sooner. Oh, and then we would not be benching our 2nd best C at the same time.

Frost isn't strange. It's very simple. A power hungry coach has singled him out as his whipping boy and continues to devalue a top 6 forward on this team. Plain and simple.

They still might get a good pick but it's not from rebuilding. it's from building a team they think can be a playoff team, and being wrong due to their shit evaluations.

Christ, if they had it their way, we would have Krug and not Sanheim right now. And we are supposed to trust these buffoons? Yeah right.
Krug >> Sanheim cause DH , Ghosty , Jones , Torts and Briere say so.

Imagine if they had their way and this d core had Staal Krug and Risto every game.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wonder across the NHL , top 6 centers gifted the ice time Cates gets ( PP included ) , how many produce as little as he does points wise ?

Krug >> Sanheim cause DH , Ghosty , Jones , Torts and Briere say so.

Imagine if they had their way and this d core had Staal Krug and Risto every game.
Nothing says rebuild like adding a 36 year old LHD when you have York, Sanheim, Seeler and Zamula already!

Or a 32 year old RW when you have TK, Atkinson, Tippett, Brink, Foerster, Allison at RW.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I don't think Frost is long for this organization.

Torts does not like him as a hockey player.

A late 1st would seem to be maximum value, but I doubt Frost returns a 1st rounder.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Frost is long for this organization.

Torts does not like him as a hockey player.

A late 1st would seem to be maximum value, but I doubt Frost returns a 1st rounder.
You’re not going to get a draft pick for him unless someone sends us a dump. You’ll get a ‘change of scenery’ type.

Chinatown88

347 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
It’s an important distinction that the takes are not everyone is stupid but me. That’s boring. There are always going to be exceptions, but it’s almost always, “Look how stupid everyone is including me.” That matters quite a bit.

I assure you I am an idiot and I know it. Following and caring about this org has become running into a proverbial burning building every day. Some people cope with humor.
200w.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Could be part of a package deal with Washington - 2024 1st + Mantha for Frost.

The Caps could use a center to set up Ovechkin with Backstrom done.
Not without the Caps getting a bigger fish, I don’t see that.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I watched the whole debacle last night too. Except I fell asleep on my sofa with the stereo on repeat.
The album was "Let it Bleed" Rolling Stones, When I did wake up at 5am, this was the the song that was playing...........

Love In Vain.......a Robert Johnson written song.

Loving something or a woman and nothing in return......well...... that is love in vain.....or love in pain.

You can say it is pitiful but under a tyrant that is your dues......say Hey Joe.......what ya doing

I guess your thoughts go to a distant future...ya love in vain.....

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
When have they ever said that?

They started the season with 5 rookies, Brink, Foerster, Zamula, Andrae and Ersson, Andrae played himself out of a job, Zamula played his way from the top 4 to the 3rd pair.

Laughton and others may still be traded, it's a long season, Laughton has done nothing to reduce his value, and they've bought time to evaluate the rookies and marinate forward prospects at LHV. Starting the season, they didn't know if they had 9 forwards who could start in the top 9.
Briere has been talking to teams about potential trades.

Frost is strange, but at some point we'll have a better idea what's going on.

Nothing has been done this year that endangers the rebuild.

I predicted 80-85 points, that still looks plausible.

Yes truly the team has made no errors in the last half decade. Everything is going according to plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad