OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
So either someone found that cat and transported it and then it got away again and turned into a shelter or we got a real life

19961_Homeward%2520Bound%25201.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
AI and Nuclear reactors..what can go wrong

I think it depends on who has programmed the AI. Let the Navy do it. The Navy has supposedly dreamed up every possible thing that can go wrong, and then they make their sailors memorize all those problems and the solutions to try in order. That process would work great with AI, it's a bunch of yes/no steps. Apparently, civilian nuke engineers don't thrive in the Navy because they like to take time to think about what's going on instead of just doing. Basically, they know too much.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think it depends on who has programmed the AI. Let the Navy do it. The Navy has supposedly dreamed up every possible thing that can go wrong, and then they make their sailors memorize all those problems and the solutions to try in order. That process would work great with AI, it's a bunch of yes/no steps. Apparently, civilian nuke engineers don't thrive in the Navy because they like to take time to think about what's going on instead of just doing. Basically, they know too much.
Not good. Not bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad