Golf: 116th United States Open Championship: June 16-19. Oakmont.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
After today its supposed to be gorgeous the rest of he weekend with dry conditions. Hopefully today is the last day we see -5's! :laugh:

Landry will be a non-factor soon enough.

And I agree, J.Speith needs to keep his emotions in check. I don't mind it,, in fact I love golfers that show emotion, but I would hate to see it ruin his game......patience is a virtue at Oakmont.

Tomorrow there is supposed to be bad weather, as well.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You guys worried about Spieth showing emotion must be new PGA fans because he's always been like that, he's known for showing a lot of emotion and it seems to be working out alright for him up until now. A couple bad showings doesn't mean he should change his whole mindset get real guys.

Where did you see Spieth blaming the course? He was obviously mad at himself...

Spieth has lately shown a tendency to let the emotions get the better of him and disrupt his game. He's said as much himself and has admitted that he lets himself get too bothered by bad shots. Expending that type of energy fretting over a single shot seems counterproductive on a Thursday at a US Open to me.

And when a player says "that's crap", logic dictates that one would assume they're blaming the course and not themselves. Especially when Spieth is clear in letting everybody know when he's admonishing himself.

Been watching golf since the mid-late 90's, by the way. Hardly "new".

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What a ****** break for Duf. One bounce, hits the cup, bounces all the way to where he pitched it from. That's a killer.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Spieth has lately shown a tendency to let the emotions get the better of him and disrupt his game. He's said as much himself and has admitted that he lets himself get too bothered by bad shots. Expending that type of energy fretting over a single shot seems counterproductive on a Thursday at a US Open to me.

And when a player says "that's crap", logic dictates that one would assume they're blaming the course and not themselves. Especially when Spieth is clear in letting everybody know when he's admonishing himself.

Was mostly referring to the comment about Spieth's emotions potentially ruining his game when he's been like that ever since he joined the tour, even when he had some of his best rounds he'd get mad at the occasional miss.

I still think Bryson DeChambeau is nothing more than a middling player going forward but that was a beauty pitch he played there at 17. Landed that on a dime.

Yup, beautiful, clutch shot.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

I'm as big a fan of his as they come & you nailed it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still think Bryson DeChambeau is nothing more than a middling player going forward but that was a beauty pitch he played there at 17. Landed that on a dime.

I agree with you about DeChambeau. His amateur accomplishments were good, but they were all within a year, and at an age where most of the top golfers his age were already professionals.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The weather forecast does not look good for the rest of the day. Its unlikely the first wave will finish their first round.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
When I heard over the radio at work that Andrew Landry was leading the US Open, I thought he must be some amateur with a nice story catching fire. Then I get home and find out he's a web.com Tour scrub. What a letdown.

Also, if this leads to a Monday finish, I am going to be pissed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
There's a chance 72 holes could finish on Sunday, but they probably will need to use almost every hour available, and the networks probably won't like the hours the tournament will have to be played at.

Jan 3, 2012
When I heard over the radio at work that Andrew Landry was leading the US Open, I thought he must be some amateur with a nice story catching fire. Then I get home and find out he's a web.com Tour scrub. What a letdown.

Also, if this leads to a Monday finish, I am going to be pissed.

ditto

**** that i cant watch at work

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Sunsets in The Burgh this time of year tend to be around 9PM & sunrises tend to be before 6AM so they can get a lot of golf in.

Luckily, I have Monday off just in case......I always try to schedule the Monday after The US Open Sunday just in case of Monday finishes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does anyone else think this course is comparable to how Muirfield played in 2013 at the Open?

Its not a very long course, but there are some really long iron shots that players need to hit. The greens are incredibly difficult, you can run shots up onto some of the greens. I think this US Open is playing very comparable to how the 2013 Open Championship did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad