GDT: 11/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Not trying to be a smart aleck here but isn't it about time?

They are basically a team made up of top 20 picks they should be better than competitive at this point.

Yep. But it was about time 2-3 years ago. Doesn't mean it is going to happen. Progress is still progress.

Aceonfire*

That's the difference between Toews and most players. The Hawks have been flat and he sets the pace and puts the team on his back.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
That thing that fell is a sound reflector. They help make the arena even louder.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Shaw has never met a goalie he didn't want to bowl over.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
That's why you need NHL quality D to win in the NHL. See Fayne for other examples tonight.

Chia has is work cut out for him. Sekera and Gryba are not a good start.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Few teams have been able to contain the Hawks second line so far. If the first line ever gets going, the Hawks will have no trouble, even in the Central.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Go 0-6* on the PP and blame the refs for losing.

Way to go, HF.

*I originally said 0-7. I blame the refs for my failure to not type a 6. Clearly I had too many numbers to choose.

Last edited:

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Edmonton needs better defenseman and a NHL calibre goalie, otherwise all those 1st round draft picks will be completely useless in a few years.

Aceonfire*

I take back what I said about accepting bad referees. This game was awful.

Weak calls. And the last one with 13 seconds left for a tug on his stick?

Terrible.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Somewhere McDavid is looking at his ELC and hoping someone offersheets him to something the Oil can't match. They've ruined yet another promising goaltender in Talbot it looks like.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Wow that was really weak call against the oilers.

Nah par for the course.

We've had one of those literally every night all season. We weren't even mad on the oilers board; most of us were just laughing.

Never in my life have I seen such a ticky tacky penalty at that time of a game. Just silly.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Somewhere McDavid is looking at his ELC and hoping someone offersheets him to something the Oil can't match. They've ruined yet another promising goaltender in Talbot it looks like.

a) Oilers will match anything.

b) What are you talking about? Talbot has had one bad game (Calgary). Other than that, he's been just as advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad