GDT: 11/3 GAME #10 - BRUINS at Tampa Bay | NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The offside challenge rule is horrible. HORRIBLE. Even when it goes our way. Get rid of it. One of the great things about hockey is its speed. Stop ruining that.

Also I hate that it's 8:30 and not even the second period yet. Waaah.

All replays should be a 5 second look. If it's obviously wrong, change it. Otherwise, call stands.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The offside challenge rule is horrible. HORRIBLE. Even when it goes our way. Get rid of it. One of the great things about hockey is its speed. Stop ruining that.

Also I hate that it's 8:30 and not even the second period yet. Waaah.

Huge advantages to moving out to the Central Time Zone :naughty::naughty:

Games start at 6/630, done by 830/9. It's a beautiful thing.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I've definitely never picked up on that...

He seems to overall lack hockey knowledge but I've never thought he sounded like he hated the Bruins. As is the case for most teams, the intermission/pregame/postgame reports are far less honest reporting and analysis, and much more propaganda along the lines of "too bad they lost this one, but tune in Saturday when they're back at it again!"

It could be me, I have been wrong a few times this year :sarcasm:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
All replays should be a 5 second look. If it's obviously wrong, change it. Otherwise, call stands.

Yeah, I disagree with that.

The offsides thing just shouldn't be a thing. Leave it to the discretion of the referees. To me it's comparable to the MLB letting balls and strikes gets reviewed. Not a perfect analogy (since the strike zone is technically bordered by invisible lines), but somewhat close in my opinion.

All it does it slow down the game. If the alleged play happened a minute ago, and it takes ten minutes to make a determination as to whether or not the play was offsides, the team deserves the goal.

Selke37

Bear since 1989
Dec 5, 2011
Bruins World
not allowed in here, anything goes wrong its him, played a good game the other day, fell once and missed a pass that was not his fault, was told he is horrible, seems you have to beat someone up to get accepted, skating it out and making tape to tape passes is useless

Playes smarter and more focused. Way better positioning compared to last season.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
-Carlo is a gem. That Boychuk trade will look good for years.
-Time for the PP to do something. TB even tried to rob Krug of his 1st point this year with their challenge...
- Crazy that it is Krug first participation in a goal in 10 games, that Rask missed half the game, that Krejci has no goal, Bergy one goal, many rookies, a zero 3rd line, Backes out, Pasta suspended and that the team is playing over 500. Thanks Claude. But especially Rask. Early leader for MVP this year league wide.

Keep it up B's!

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
wow ok who let the shot come in from the point, who let it in but its those 2, who took the bad penalty

Not pinning the goal on them, just sayin'.
I missed that it was McQuaid in the box - fair enough. Can't play the other 3 guys for the entire PK. Miller just hasn't impressed me with his D play.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

The offsides thing just shouldn't be a thing. Leave it to the discretion of the referees. To me it's comparable to the MLB letting balls and strikes gets reviewed. Not a perfect analogy (since the strike zone is technically bordered by invisible lines), but somewhat close in my opinion.

All it does it slow down the game. If the alleged play happened a minute ago, and it takes ten minutes to make a determination as to whether or not the play was offsides, the team deserves the goal.

Not with a guy sitting there just watching offsides video

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

I like the rules enforced... but I agree with you that time is sensitive. If the defense has time to setup the offside is irrelevant.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
**** off. Help their forecheck by not calling that, then they score

Oh. definitely no goal.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Not pinning the goal on them, just sayin'.
I missed that it was McQuaid in the box - fair enough. Can't play the other 3 guys for the entire PK. Miller just hasn't impressed me with his D play.

Give Miller a partner like O'Gara or Carlo type and watch him play the style he can play. Now he is tenative at times and lacking confidence because he is going against his natural skill. Kind of like McQuaid and Kevan on the top pairing last year. Liles is alright but not much better then Seids was. Sure he can make a nice pass but is not very physical. Partners make a big difference. I do not wanna give up on Miller yet. He needs time. Larry Robinson said you do not know what you have till 200 games. Last year did him no favors up and down sit 7 games play a game make a mistake sit a period, no flow is not a good way to shine when you need to be mistake free. Yes he needs to work on things but he is not a finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad