Value of: 10th overall pick

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
So, there's a guy on Flames twitter who has been right a bunch of times, and clearly has some connections; yesterday he was talking about Calgary packaging Markstrom and their later pick first round pick to move back into the top 10 of the draft.

With the connection of Markstrom and Jersey already, sort of seems like this would be one of the picks they'd look at in this trade.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
As far as nashville goes, i would think if saros was involved the negotiation being with the 1st.

If you wanted Ryan McDonagh, i think that could possibly be arranged but it would be tricky. The fella has a NTC and would have to waive which is something i dont think he will do. Even if he did, the 1st is overpayment unless we are retaining a healthy chunk of his contract.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
10th overall can get a team a 29 year old Trevor Linden. In 1999, after underperforming in Washington.

I always like to look at historical trades.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
I love the amount of people that saw the 10th overall thread title, skipped right to the list of players without reading the write up and proceeds to assume OP thinks all of these players would be a 1-1 for the pick.

LOL me too. My favorite part of all these responses. Obviously there would be additions on a certain side to make the value more even!

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
So, there's a guy on Flames twitter who has been right a bunch of times, and clearly has some connections; yesterday he was talking about Calgary packaging Markstrom and their later pick first round pick to move back into the top 10 of the draft.

With the connection of Markstrom and Jersey already, sort of seems like this would be one of the picks they'd look at in this trade.
Well, I've heard that one before.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

That would be a God awful trade for NJ. These rumors always seem to stem from Flames fans with “alleged” connections.

A 34 year old Markstrom is not the difference between moving up 19 spots.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

• Haha
Reactions: MakoSlade and Xirik

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
While NJ fans might not like it, I could see the Markstrom deal get done.
Would love to know what the deal was back a couple months ago.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018

Even with the late first coming back, I don't think it's necessary to use an asset as strong as #10 and don't think that trade will happen. I think Markstrom will be a devil, I'd just be surprised if it involves that pick in any way.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

10th overall is beyond even a pipe dream for Flames fans. Markstrom had an absolutely terrible stretch to end his season with not even 1 single game about .900 in his last 10, he’s 34 years old, and there are likely more goalies on the market in the offseason.

The Devils and Flames may very well make a deal, but it would absolutely not involve the 10th overall, and very likely worse value than the alleged agreed upon package during the season.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
When was the last time a known top 10-12 pick was traded for a player 30+?

I think a team is much more likely to gamble on a underperforming youngster with a pick like #10 than they would be to gamble on a 30+ goalie (or skater).

Reactions: Guttersniped

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
10th overall is beyond even a pipe dream for Flames fans. Markstrom had an absolutely terrible stretch to end his season with not even 1 single game about .900 in his last 10, he’s 34 years old, and there are likely more goalies on the market in the offseason.

The Devils and Flames may very well make a deal, but it would absolutely not involve the 10th overall, and very likely worse value than the alleged agreed upon package during the season.
WHile there will be more goalies on the market, there will also be more teams looking to shore up the #1 spot. And out of those goalies, very few are as good as Markstrom
The best part of any possible trade here will be the about face Devils fans have.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
While there's a strong chance New Jersey keeps the pick to select another young player to add to their already impressive U26 core, there is also a strong chance this pick is moved to upgrade the roster NOW.

Sifting through the league, these are some names that intrigue me for the New Jersey Devils to acquire in a trade using the 10th overall pick. Some players, Devils would have to add. Maybe perhaps a lot. Some players, the other team would have to add. Nonetheless, here are some names that strike me as interesting. These are some players that could potentially be available for various reasons. (Contract status, Team shakeup, Team trending towards rebuild, Team already in rebuild, Team needing to get younger, etc.)

Goalies
Jeremy Swayman
Ilya Sorokin
Juuse Saros
Yaroslav Askarov

Defensemen
Ryan McDonagh
Cam Fowler
Jonas Brodin

Forwards
Brady Tkachuk
Drake Batherson
Kirill Kaprizov
Joel Eriksson Ek
Travis Konecny
Pavel Buchnevich
Kyle Connor
Nikolaj Ehlers
Gabe Vilardi
Blake Coleman (@50% retained)
Lawson Crouse
Adrian Kempe
How many times do you need to be told there's not a snowball chance wild are trading kaprizov, Eriksson, or brodin who also has a full nmc, ur 2nd thread being told thesee. Imagine thinking just because you assume wild should trade these players, that it's realistic

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
WHile there will be more goalies on the market, there will also be more teams looking to shore up the #1 spot. And out of those goalies, very few are as good as Markstrom
The best part of any possible trade here will be the about face Devils fans have.
The best part of any trade will be Flames fan raging that they didn't get anything close to what they want for Markstrom. I look forward to the Fire Conroy and boycott the Flames till the Owner sells the team thread.

Reactions: HBK27

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
LOL me too. My favorite part of all these responses. Obviously there would be additions on a certain side to make the value more even!
Obviously you don't understand teams like wild aren't rebuilding or aren't interested in trading these players, that's what you refused to understand. You post these list because it's what you want, not in the realism of things. Oh yeah wild should trade their franchise player, stud 1c, and top d for no reason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad