Pre-Game Talk: 10/8 GAME 1 (Approximately 7:15 PM) - Season 101 Begins - ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Top 6 definitely wasn't adequately addressed this off season. One in, one out with Lindholm and DeBrusk. Hopefully Lindholm is enough of an upgrade that it gives a slight boost. The bright side is we're in an OK position with the cap so we can hopefully bring in a quality top 6 wingers at the deadline. The current group should be good enough for the regular season.

This roster reminds me a bit of 2018-19, where we had a lot of good pieces in place with a couple holes, 3C being the biggest that year, that we can hopefully address at the deadline.
Can we expect more offense from the back end this year? Give Lohrei the green light ?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I love Freddy in the middle. I’d put koepke left side

It seems like the Bruins like him there better than they do Zacha. I think @PlayMakers was right all along when he said years ago that Frederic was not trying to be a bruiser but a Charlie Coyle style player. And if you heard Frederic on the recent Morning Bru, he specifically mentioned Coyle as someone he looks up to who is a good teacher of the game. Imagine if Trent grows into that? I love it.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I'm not sure about that second line. A lot falls on Geekie and I'm not overly confidant on that. Marchand aging, it's not exactly a scoring threat line. I would have preferred they give Freddy a shot in Geekie's spot but we shall see how it plays out. Third line could be solid.

Zadorov also ending up on the bottom pairing not what I expected but that does make it the best bottom pairing in hockey.

I have high hopes for this team, but scoring goals might be a problem.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad and BMC

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Top 6 definitely wasn't adequately addressed this off season. One in, one out with Lindholm and DeBrusk. Hopefully Lindholm is enough of an upgrade that it gives a slight boost. The bright side is we're in an OK position with the cap so we can hopefully bring in a quality top 6 wingers at the deadline. The current group should be good enough for the regular season.

This roster reminds me a bit of 2018-19, where we had a lot of good pieces in place with a couple holes, 3C being the biggest that year, that we can hopefully address at the deadline.
Geekie and Debrusk were separated by one point last year, almost identical toi and PP toi, 4 extra games for Jake

I think they hope he is able to build on last year and be the Debrusk replacement

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
As of right now, yes.
Looking at some of the forecasts, I’m hard pressed to think this game should not be postponed for everyone’s safety. Let the Bruins come home now, plan for a later date. Much as I want real hockey tomorrow, I don’t want players, media crews and fans endangered for our entertainment. Live to fight another day.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
With Governor DeSantis calling for residents to evacuate this is hardly the time to be flying in to play a game tomorrow when Milton is supposed to strike Florida.
The Bruins are already there, but run the risk of getting trapped if all airports close. Selfishly, I want them to get home safely for Thursday’s home opener. Unselfishly, I want everyone to be a safe as possible ( so cancel now and make a plan to reschedule)

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Geekie and Debrusk were separated by one point last year, almost identical toi and PP toi, 4 extra games for Jake

I think they hope he is able to build on last year and be the Debrusk replacement

Apples and oranges. Debrusk is tiers ahead of Frederic/Geekie type role players in the raw natural talent area which is noticeable in a top 6 role.

The Bruins will miss Debrusk more than we believe. The question is whether Zadorov on defense equals or improves the roster overall vs Debrusk with the similar contracts in my mind.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The Bruins are already there, but run the risk of getting trapped if all airports close. Selfishly, I want them to get home safely for Thursday’s home opener. Unselfishly, I want everyone to be a safe as possible ( so cancel now and make a plan to reschedule)
Orlando International is right in the crosshairs of the hurricane's path and they announced that they're ceasing operations 9am Wednesday morning. They should have plenty of time to fly out after the game Tuesday night from Ft Lauderdale without getting into harm's way. I more think it should be postponed so the people that live there will be encouraged to evacuate if the track changes....this ain't their first rodeo with major hurricanes though, so what do I know

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Looking at some of the forecasts, I’m hard pressed to think this game should not be postponed for everyone’s safety. Let the Bruins come home now, plan for a later date. Much as I want real hockey tomorrow, I don’t want players, media crews and fans endangered for our entertainment. Live to fight another day.

I agree with you 100%.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

DeBrusk had one more point than Geekie last season. He easily replaces DeBrusk.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
DeBrusk had one more point than Geekie last season. He easily replaces DeBrusk.
Now do playoff stats...

No comparison.

Either way. Geekie and JDB are two totally different players. Can't expect Geekie to play like Jake. Gotta let him play his game. I won't speak for @UConn126 but, I'm curious and interested to see which players step up in secondary scoring area.

The lines were never set last year, so I expect this year to see a lot of movement and trying different things from Monty.

New season. New players. Same goal.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Having endured many hurricanes, my mantra is "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

There's no reason to expect fans to come out under such conditions, especially on a historic night for their team.

Reactions: CDJ

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1728375517752.png
1728375297750.png

Referees TJ Luxmore (21), Kelly Sutherland (11)
Linespersons Devin Berg (87), Julien Fournier (56)

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Florida is a large state ... Sunrise is about 3 1/2 - 4 hours away from Tampa. if the storm hits anywhere near the Tampa area Sunrise should avoid severe weather.
That said.... if the storm moves further south and makes landfall around Port Charlotte, Fort Meyers and depending how large Milton grows, tropical storm force winds could be an issue.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad