Pre-Game Talk: 10/8 GAME 1 (Approximately 7:15 PM) - Season 101 Begins - ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The right move with Milton incoming, forcast to possibly be a CAT4 before making landfall somewhere around Sarasota.

Given that their ring ceremony was to be tonight, I wonder if this means the game is also going to get rescheduled since it is even closer to the hurricane's landfall? I would think so....the NHL could always just move the game to Boston ;)

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Edit: well I’m certainly glad that you don’t.

In any event, Don Sweeney cares, as is evident from the first episode of Behind the B, and he was suggesting that the Bruins care too. But nah, it’s just a game after all.

Didn't say they don't care; said they wouldn't be pissed off.

Reactions: BTO

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Morning Bru had Frederic on. It was refreshing to hear two things he said.

Fireworks for game 1 expected.
Specified Tkachuk is no friend of his

They didn't do anything to mouthpiece Matthew in the playoffs, so I don't expect it on opening night.

It would be a welcomed sight. But I won't hold my breath.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Every year, you’re always sort of like, ‘Hey, we’re building something.’ And I think that that’s true. Every year you get to go to the playoffs, you’ve earned it and you gain experience certainly and [there’s] the cliché of you have to learn how to lose to win.

“This summer I was like, ‘I’m done with this whole next-year [thing]’ because you’re going to blink and it’s going to be over. I’ve already blinked and it’s been eight years. I’ve lost more than enough. So I think this group here, this sort of new core, this is our turn, this is our time to do it. And we’ve got to do it. Because we’ve got a window here where a lot of guys are under contract. And it’s time. It’s time to win.”

* * * *. Quote from McAvoy today love it!

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I can't believe Mitchell made this team over Sweezey. If you are going to carry 8 D at least make it your best 8 D. Mitchell is abysmal, besides playing for Monty in college what has he ever done?

Like the forward lines, would flip Frederic and Geekie.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
would have to think this gets postponed

season opener at home vs the habs would be fun
I'm watching AccuWeather, the storm track isn't set in stone and could make landfall about anywhere on the gulf coast of Florida..they're not out of the woods in south Florida just yet. I'm thinking the NHL will make an announcement by tomorrow morning. It isn't really about the storm hitting during the game, but instead encouraging people to hunker down or evacuate

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm watching AccuWeather, the storm track isn't set in stone and could make landfall about anywhere on the gulf coast of Florida..they're not out of the woods in south Florida just yet. I'm thinking the NHL will make an announcement by tomorrow morning. It isn't really about the storm hitting during the game, but instead encouraging people to hunker down or evacuate
Florida was just granted a state of emergency declaration from the federal government so I think the possibility of the game being postponed is much more of a reality than it was even a few hours ago

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad